onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

Reading fans are planning protests against their disgraceful owner on Saturday.

There is a chance they attempt to get the game abandoned. Just to warn anyone attending.

Obviously having been through what we've been through, I imagine they'll have Vale fans unequivocal backing.

Advert

55 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

There is a chance they attempt to get the game abandoned. Just to warn anyone attending.

Obviously having been through what we've been through, I imagine they'll have Vale fans unequivocal backing.

They’ve been protesting all season at home.

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

I’d be a bit racked off if I’d paid 29 quid and it gets abandoned, do we get awarded the 3 points if Is is.

I’d be a bit racked off if I’d paid 29 quid and it gets abandoned, do we get awarded the 3 points if Is is.
It could be worse, you could pay 29 quid and have to watch the full game.

8 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Even if we lose tomorrow, I've decided there'll be no more manager out shouts from me until the end of the season. I don't like some of his ways, which I've made clear, but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt based on the fact that he clearly wants to do well for the club, and anybody would be a numpty to not want him to do well if you're a Vale fan. He's learning as he goes along and hopefully we can have a more consistent second half of the season where we put a decent run or two together.

We still have a pretty strong looking best 11 if we can get everyone fit. Much better on paper than in previous years. As long as we see progress bit by bit, and we're also entertained as that's what football should be, that's all anyone can ask from a manager and a club that obviously doesn't have pots full of cash.

That's a good post , I agree with you, Bing will be here at least till the end of season and he's got my full support , I just hope there's no more of the safety first tactics anytime soon cos it doesn't suit our players id rather see the team go out there and have a go that's all the fans want UTV

17 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Probably. 

Of course, the survival of a football club is more important than £29 (as extortionate as that is). We know that more than any club.

Cost 4 of us from Stoke £253.00 .
Main lure is the new ground. But expensive business. 
I've already spent 90 quid on train and ticket before left the house. 

Darren did you know it’s bus replacement service from Stoke to Stafford on Saturday

8 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Even if we lose tomorrow, I've decided there'll be no more manager out shouts from me until the end of the season. I don't like some of his ways, which I've made clear, but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt based on the fact that he clearly wants to do well for the club, and anybody would be a numpty to not want him to do well if you're a Vale fan. He's learning as he goes along and hopefully we can have a more consistent second half of the season where we put a decent run or two together.

We still have a pretty strong looking best 11 if we can get everyone fit. Much better on paper than in previous years. As long as we see progress bit by bit, and we're also entertained as that's what football should be, that's all anyone can ask from a manager and a club that obviously doesn't have pots full of cash.

I'll be deeply worried if we lose tomorrow because I'm travelling down on Saturday.

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Don't Wna see the game abandoned but I can see where they're coming from cos smurthwaite came close to liquidating the Vale ,Thank god the Shanahan family saved us from extinction and I along with all Vale fans  will always be grateful for that, UTV

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Don't Wna see the game abandoned but I can see where they're coming from cos smurthwaite came close to liquidating the Vale ,Thank god the Shanahan family saved us from extinction and I along with all Vale fans  will always be grateful for that, UTV

Didn’t the Shanahans pay about 4 million for the Vale? Read that Reading is somewhere between 30 and 50. That’s quite a difference 😳

1 minute ago, Danish Valiant said:

Didn’t the Shanahans pay about 4 million for the Vale? Read that Reading is somewhere between 30 and 50. That’s quite a difference 😳

Yeah it is quite a difference but I'm just glad we have got owners who actually care about the football club ,  KTF & UTV . 

Got to keep the connections going .

Chizzy is a outstanding footballer as is Wilson and Uche to me is a tremendous outlet .

No reason whatsoever why Vale cannot score 3 there tomorrow. 

Going forwards we must just keep doing what we have been doing  so excellently in home games lately .

Loads of goal attempts and a positive can do  attitude. 

UTV 

10 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Why would anyone pay that much for a League One club on the cusp of collapse?  It’s barely worth a couple of quid. 

11 hours ago, Rodge said:

Darren did you know it’s bus replacement service from Stoke to Stafford on Saturday

Rail replacement tomorrow between Stoke and Macc as well. This country’s gone to the dogs. 

Archived