onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

7 minutes ago, Emile said:

This is ofcourse just my opinion but I have been tracking transfer windows since Flickcroft came in;

I have 2 bad signings in the summer of 2021, 3 in the winter of 2022, 10 in the summer of 2022, 1 in the winter of 2023, 7 last summer and 3 this winter with lots of question marks. 

In my opinion, our recruitment is getting worse with a few lucky punts thrown in. 

Flitcroft did a good job of recruitment at first. But then it is a lot easier to build a good League Two squad with a top-six (maybe?) budget than it is to put together a competitive League One budget on a lower mid-table budget.

Perhaps it is harsh to completely condemn here for recent transfers, but then it's also not quite accurate to say he did a phenomenal job in League Two.

Advert

1 hour ago, worldsendvalefan said:

True he should sort it out, he has been a large part of creating this mess.

However if we give it to him instead of a better option out there, we could well be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Relegation is a very real prospect now. We need to get the best person in to avoid that.

I don't think that is Flitcroft

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

Not full time just in the interim until he appoints a new manager.

I never wanted AC I wanted an experienced manager to steady us after a poor first season and establish us in league one. Then AC released his retained list and I was even more convinced that he was the wrong man for the job. Since the record breaking drubbing on the opening day I have basically been waiting for the axe to fall so the only surprise for me was how long it took.

I watched us repeatedly passing the ball around in our own half before eventually getting it up the right flank up to the edge of the box before turning around and playing it back to a defender who then passed it to ripley who launched it up the pitch looking for some invisible target man and then I sat mystified listening to AC tell me that we had dominated possession and just needed to find new ways to score goals and stop being sloppy at the back.

I get that people are keen to lay the blame for all this at DF's door, and I really don't think we need a dof so he can leave today for me, but anyone who listened to AC passionately defending the style of play, which he described many times as "non negotiable", after watching us lose yet another game must surely see that he was totally on board with it.

Sir John Rudges are few and far between and magnificent as he was all of our recent successes have been with experienced mangers like Micky Adams and DC.

Top of the list of essential attributes for our new manger is "experienced at this level"

24 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Flitcroft did a good job of recruitment at first. But then it is a lot easier to build a good League Two squad with a top-six (maybe?) budget than it is to put together a competitive League One budget on a lower mid-table budget.

Perhaps it is harsh to completely condemn here for recent transfers, but then it's also not quite accurate to say he did a phenomenal job in League Two.

I agree to a point. I do give him credit for the first window - it was brave to rip everything up and start again with a brand-new squad. 

Since we joined league one though it's been piss-poor. No doubt its more difficult to do, no doubt it was hard to recruit for league one with such a small turnaround, but we knew right from the off what we needed that summer and we didn't bring it in (goalkeeper). We had a dreadful January last year that nearly cost us our place in the league by not strengthening properly and then in the summer we continued not to plug the extremely obvious gaps we had. To then do it again this January is criminal and that's where the faith runs out I am afraid.

Even if we didn't get the players we wanted there should have been plan X Y Z which resulted in a youth loan player coming in to fill the gap - the absolute minimum required was a u21 left back and striker from the prem league. To not sign anyone is just negligence and he has to go for it.

4 minutes ago, Emile said:

I agree to a point. I do give him credit for the first window - it was brave to rip everything up and start again with a brand-new squad. 

Since we joined league one though it's been piss-poor. No doubt its more difficult to do, no doubt it was hard to recruit for league one with such a small turnaround, but we knew right from the off what we needed that summer and we didn't bring it in (goalkeeper). We had a dreadful January last year that nearly cost us our place in the league by not strengthening properly and then in the summer we continued not to plug the extremely obvious gaps we had. To then do it again this January is criminal and that's where the faith runs out I am afraid.

Even if we didn't get the players we wanted there should have been plan X Y Z which resulted in a youth loan player coming in to fill the gap - the absolute minimum required was a u21 left back and striker from the prem league. To not sign anyone is just negligence and he has to go for it.

I thought it was stupid to release so many players when DC came in. The perceived wisdom is always to try to release the worst players and bring some in that are better than you have already. We are going to struggle now because not many of our squad have any affinity to the club, they are probably already wondering who will give them a contract for next season. That will translate into a lack of fight to win. 

17 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought it was stupid to release so many players when DC came in. The perceived wisdom is always to try to release the worst players and bring some in that are better than you have already. We are going to struggle now because not many of our squad have any affinity to the club, they are probably already wondering who will give them a contract for next season. That will translate into a lack of fight to win. 

Almost all of the players brought in that season have gone;

George Lloyd
Ben Garrity
Ryan Johnson
Lucas Covolan
Danny Amos
Aaron Martin
Jamie Proctor
Dan Jones
Tom Pett
Dennis Politic
Lewis Cass
Mal Benning
James Wilson
Brad Walker
Aidan Stone

The ones that haven't are our best players. If you thought it was a bad decision to get rid of the players in that first summer then you must be tearing your hair out at the number of players brought in since. 
The squad assembled that summer is 100 times better than the one we have now.

6 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

Evans it not stupid as it seems , Evans and Carol get on both said it pre Stevenage l but given the relative league position of the 2 clubs I can’t see it happening.

He might come if a) the money was right; and b) on the basis that once he's kept us up, there would be a nice pot of money to re-assemble the squad; and that, I think, would be the stumbling block.

5 hours ago, Warren said:

A new manager is needed quickly. It should be one that is better but not completely different to Crosby. With crucial games coming up with no breaks, some consistency in approach should be kept. For me the ideal solution is Flitcroft steps in until the end of the season if he is amenable to that. 

Otherwise we need a manager immediately available. There are some good ones out there. They will want someone who fits in well with the club mojo. But I guess Joey Barton would be interested, and aside from occasional explosions is an intelligent and knowledgeable manager. No idea what his preferred structure of play is, but I bet he requires 'get stuck in'. 

You're just obsessed with anything scouse your are.

If you're championing Joey Barton, it's probably at the point where you need go get it looked at mate.

Its not a departure i take any pleasure in, Crosby did a magnificent job in terrible circumstances in 2022 and without his run in March/April we dont make the top 7, he is a top bloke and I was praying things would work out for him here but they haven't and we have to move on.

He is a fantastic coach, losing that side of it will be a blow as we improved massively when he came in during the covid season but wish him all the very best and deserves plaudits for his time in caretaker charge.

1 hour ago, kevin_struggles said:

I never wanted AC I wanted an experienced manager to steady us after a poor first season and establish us in league one. Then AC released his retained list and I was even more convinced that he was the wrong man for the job. Since the record breaking drubbing on the opening day I have basically been waiting for the axe to fall so the only surprise for me was how long it took.

I watched us repeatedly passing the ball around in our own half before eventually getting it up the right flank up to the edge of the box before turning around and playing it back to a defender who then passed it to ripley who launched it up the pitch looking for some invisible target man and then I sat mystified listening to AC tell me that we had dominated possession and just needed to find new ways to score goals and stop being sloppy at the back.

I get that people are keen to lay the blame for all this at DF's door, and I really don't think we need a dof so he can leave today for me, but anyone who listened to AC passionately defending the style of play, which he described many times as "non negotiable", after watching us lose yet another game must surely see that he was totally on board with it.

Sir John Rudges are few and far between and magnificent as he was all of our recent successes have been with experienced mangers like Micky Adams and DC.

Top of the list of essential attributes for our new manger is "experienced at this level"

Agree with every word of that.

Director of Football, David Flitcroft said:

“Firstly, I’d like to thank Will, Matt and Danny for assisting with first-team operations in this short period whilst we search for a permanent Port Vale manager.

“As a club, we are determined for the new appointment to match our long-standing values and long-term ambitions and will ensure the correct recruitment processes are followed throughout.

“Our collective priority now is the on-pitch performance and maintaining our League One status with the immediate focus on tonight’s match.”

She's bottled letting Flitcroft go. FFS.

25/01/24 at the fans forum

Flitcroft : "Relegation isn't in anyone's mind"

06/02/24 in this interim manager press release

Flitcroft : “Our collective priority now is...maintaining our League One status"

40 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Its not a departure i take any pleasure in, Crosby did a magnificent job in terrible circumstances in 2022 and without his run in March/April we dont make the top 7, he is a top bloke and I was praying things would work out for him here but they haven't and we have to move on.

He is a fantastic coach, losing that side of it will be a blow as we improved massively when he came in during the covid season but wish him all the very best and deserves plaudits for his time in caretaker charge.

He wasn't ever half as good as you're trying to make him sound. He will be managing a Leek Town calibre club next for a reason.

Archived