onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

16 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Very well-reasoned response, eh up nah...but I'd disagree with you on this one thing: those hammering him now are unlikely to change their minds as, i suspect, their real target is DF and the recruitment team? For some reason, we have fans who don't like the set up...or DF...or both? We have some fans saying it was a poor summer, yet conveniently forget Chisnall / the Yak / Debrah / Blaster / Devine and Ripley...which must outweigh the less successful ones?

Thats moving the goalposts a little Tony.  We were debating Andy Crosby and his ability to manage what he's got at his disposal.

My opinion is that David Flitcroft has probably gotten as much wrong as he has right in terms of recruitment, playing and managerial.

I can well believe he is an arsehole to work with/for but if he delivers then it should be irrelevant to supporters.

I dont think anyone would argue that the striking situation is a farce.

If we're insistent on playing a wingback system, we haven't signed players that can perform in those positions consistently.   Mitch Clark is the best we have at it but his availability is poor.

On the other side we've bought in Connor Grant who had a poor availability record before us and that's continued.  Plus I think he's a fullback not a wingback.

The fault for those points could well lie at DFs door.

However, in my opinion, some of the decision making that we're witnessing on matchdays is absolutely absurd.  Seemingly, it doesn't matter to AC who'se playing well or effectively, if the stats say you've ran your race you're subbed.

We've got young lads being asked to play consecutive games of league football within three days of each other.  Some good points were raised about this on the podcast.  At this stage of his career, why is Jack Shorrock starting games ahead of Lewis Cass, whose made 70 odd appearances, for us?  Not my favourite player Cass but he's surely got to be starting games ahead of a 16 year old lad.  We're not talking a Rooney or Grealish.  Both young lads were outstanding against Blackpool, but starting them three days later in positions that are pivotal to the way we play is foolish.  My opinion of course.  The point about does it give AC/DF/CS/All of them an excuse if we've got youngsters in there?

The football we've been playing has been mystifying.  Roll it around in midfield and then........god knows.

Until three games ago we hardly scored.

Teams who haven't won for seemingly years turn up and get the win they need.  We're such a soft touch it's mental!!

I do take the point on where we are compared to where we were.  Three years ago we could've easily gone out of the football league.  In fact that was the case for 3/4 seasons from memory before DC came in.

Thing is, I really don't want to go back there!!!  

Advert

2 hours ago, Wozza4England said:

What do fans expect?

I’ll speak for myself and those fans sat around me in Lorne Street against Middlesbrough and Barnsley.

Fans expect to be entertained and excited, to be on the edge of their seat and out of it too. To be throwing their arms in the air as shots narrowly miss the target or produce excellent saves from opposing keepers. They expect crunching tackles and one-twos on the edge of the box to create space for a cross to be fizzed along the six yard box.

What did I see when I looked around me? Fans looking down at their phones, reading the programme. Fans gazing blankly at away fans in the Bycars. Fans looking over to the technical area and wetting themselves at Crosby’s flailing arms trying to instruct his players where to stand, where to throw the ball, to move 5 yards up the pitch, no not 6 feckin yards…. 5, 5, 5 feckin yards!!! Heads held in hands as a Vale free kick on the half way line leads to the ball going back to Ripley who throws it to a player who isn’t good enough to control it and one pass, one shot, we’re 2-0 down. I saw fans counting how many times the ball was passed back to Ripley; 19 times in the first half and passing back under direct pressure wasn’t included.

In the words of Robbie as Vale take to the pitch; entertain us! That’s what fans who turn up in wind, rain, freezing temperatures, expect.

I meant what to be expect in the league....

Boro were miles better than us in all departments. We did pay them too much respect and lost with a whimper,however I never spend the time looking at fellow fans to see what they are doing,or count how many times Ripley touches the ball.

I'd just like Vale fans to realize that this is Crosbys first league managerial job and unless we were 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league,I feel that fans are massively overreacting. 

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I've said before just from talking to fans, friends and family.Its difficult for me to find anyone who supports Crosby. Social media is extremely vocal with a few polls as well but I tend to take them with a pinch of salt.

What I can tell you though is there are currently 4 season ticket holders who can't be arsed to go and watch boring football. We all want the manager gone and have not been to the last 3 home matches nor away games lost Shrewsbury. Didn't even go to Boro even though we had tickets.

We don't need to release statements but DOF & AC need to front up and explain whats going on, why and what the plan forward is.  

For example how can we upgrade our pitch, change the squad, change the coaches, change the fitness coach, invest heavily into a physio department with a sports scientist, hire a cryogenic camber tank each week yet still have the number of injuries?

And I don't want to hear <ovf censored> from AC like we've played 36 odd games. The club have the players haven't. We played kids in all the EFL games and 1st teasers who only had 30 mins the previous match. We played 2x FACUP replays because of the manager <ovf censored> negative tactics.We played reserves in all but 1 league cup game.

I'm absolutely fed up of the comms we do get which BS from AC and feel its quote insulting to be honest playing us for fools. 

Sorry Smithie rant over just really pissed of by the attitude of our management team.

It depends on who you talk to.  I find my Vale supporting friends and family appear to back Crosby just now, albeit there are some genuine frustrations.  The  predominant view I would say being, we’re short on players so give him the window and make a judgement based on signings and form thereafter.  It’s a view I echo, although I think it’s hard to see us making signings which will massively improve us.  We’re unlikely to drop on another Arblaster that’s for sure, and every man and his dog are looking for strikers.

Fair to say a few fans sitting near us in the ground are really vocal against Crosby but again not the majority, although everyone else may simply be suffering in silence.  Who knows?

I’m not sure why you think Crosby would come out and tell it like it is after any game, win, lose or draw, all managers tend to put a spin on things.  Crosby is no different to the vast majority.  I guess some decent signings would be the best statement the club could make.  The funny thing is that most fans would’ve seen signing Matty Taylor as being decent, before we saw him play, so you never quite know.

It’s a real shame if you’ve chosen to miss some recent games, you’ve missed some entertaining football.

I don't understand all this "we're playing crap, I'm not going any more" stuff.

As an active supporter since the 1-0 win against Mansfield in 1963 I've always felt that when we're struggling I should make extra effort to go to provide support. That's what supporters do. What support does staying away provide?

BTW we're not playing crap, but we are inconsistent.

I'd like nothing more than for Crosby to be in charge for the next 10 years or more, because that would mean we've been successful.

UTV

Wayne Rooney has been Sacked - Go Get Him ?

Stoke Just Sacked their Manager - Go Get Him ?

Sheffield Utd sacked Paul Heckingbottom - Go Get Him ?

Swansea have sacked Michael Duff - Go Get Him ? 

Sunderland have sacked Tony Mowbray - Go Get Him ? 

Nottingham Forest have sacked Steve Cooper - Go Get Him ? 

( Whichever one You Pick, YOU Will Moan About ! ! )

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Brian - you can be as disrespectful as you always are...and, no doubt,  you will continue to be? But it doesn't make you right - just a miserable, disrespectful old plank! 

I was only giving back, what you were giving out.

You need to top dishing it out

Pot calling kettle black me thinks here

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I know...but the point that internal recruitment wasn't always a bad thing was made with the two I named...plenty well enough to show our Brian that it shouldn't be written off - especially as he touted Houllier as a "serial trophy winner"!

I never used the words serial trophy winner but at Liverpool he won 2 x league cups, charity shield, FA Cup, UEFA Cup and a UEFA Super Cup.

Good job Liverpool saw him at being <ovf censored>, so, promoted internally by appointing Rafael Benitez 

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

It depends on who you talk to.  I find my Vale supporting friends and family appear to back Crosby just now, albeit there are some genuine frustrations.  The  predominant view I would say being, we’re short on players so give him the window and make a judgement based on signings and form thereafter.  It’s a view I echo, although I think it’s hard to see us making signings which will massively improve us.  We’re unlikely to drop on another Arblaster that’s for sure, and every man and his dog are looking for strikers.

Fair to say a few fans sitting near us in the ground are really vocal against Crosby but again not the majority, although everyone else may simply be suffering in silence.  Who knows?

I’m not sure why you think Crosby would come out and tell it like it is after any game, win, lose or draw, all managers tend to put a spin on things.  Crosby is no different to the vast majority.  I guess some decent signings would be the best statement the club could make.  The funny thing is that most fans would’ve seen signing Matty Taylor as being decent, before we saw him play, so you never quite know.

It’s a real shame if you’ve chosen to miss some recent games, you’ve missed some entertaining football.

I have continued watched games on tv but I just can’t be arsed to attend.  Don’t disagree about players, we are very short but how many of those decisions are self inflicted by Crosby? Thinking about Cass & Conlon.  I guess we will never know.

Not to do with Crosby IN/OUT but follows on from my points made about no comms from the club and also the same point being made on the Ale&Vale Podcast  thread on X. For those interested I have received this email copy and pasted today from Matt Hancock as member of the supporters summit.  

Here's a link to the section about the Supporter Summit which shows the action plan and also discussion points from meetings this season.

WWW.PORT-VALE.CO.UK

Hi All, 

Happy New Year and hope you are all ok!

After reading, listening and talking to a number of comments, people and conversations over recent days I wanted to send a holding email more than anything.

I am aware of the frustration of a number of supporters in regard to performances on the pitch and the lack of communication coming out of the club. I wanted to reassure that we are actively listening and we plan to give an update and further clarification on supporters concerns very soon!

For those that haven’t seen it, please see attached the Mike Baggeley piece with Dave Flitcroft a couple of weeks ago.

I also wanted to ensure you that as per our conversations throughout 2023 that we are currently in the process of sorting / changing and implementing new systems and processes for the following:

• Ticketing  
  • Website
  • Supporter services (phones and emails)
  • Communications which will include monthly updates  

The Supporters Summit is genuinely really good. The Action Plan is proper good stuff. Anyone can sign up.

Flitcroft gave an in-depth interview to Baggley less than a month ago - 8th December. He will give his usual January window thought at the end of January.

There was a fans forum with Flitcroft on 28th September, and two over the summer in June.

Carol has been fairly quiet in the last 6 months - she briefly spoke at the summer forum about why Clarke was sacked. However, it's probably for the best that she stays away from speaking so publicly and honestly - it often backfires for her (see Championship Ready).

I have been perhaps the most critical of communication on here before - the start of 2023 was woeful. They then addressed it and I happily accepted it was much better, if not perfect.

The club just needs to win some games of football in January. I don't need any further communication, and I really don't think public comments about Crosby will do anyone any good. 3 sensible signings, a couple of wins, and sit in 12th-13th by Feb 1st and things will settle down.

Archived