onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

11 minutes ago, smithie said:

But when Cheltenham and Boro rode their luck with deflections for goals that was because we were "dire" 😄

I don't think anybody can argue that we weren't rubbish against Middlesbrough after the first 15-20 minutes. It was a shocking performance.

• Like 3

Advert

2 hours ago, JohnDoe said:

Thought Devine was outstanding and ran the game. The blaster leaving and playing deeper looks like to have been good for him.  
Is Massey injured or just dropped? 

You’ve summed my thoughts up perfectly- Alfie has been superb recently. 

It would be such a shame if Spurs decided to recall him in January, especially after the heartache of losing the Blaster.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I’m not sure CambridgeDon was saying Will Ryder brought them in. Surely he deserves some credit for the work he is doing with them over his tenure at the vale? 

Exactly. Will Ryder was brought in to develop the pathway from the academy to the first team and that's exactly what he's done. Anyone who's in any doubt should listen to his interview on the official Vale podcast - just inspiring. And the encouraging thing is we can expect to see more 🙂  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, smithie said:

But when Cheltenham and Boro rode their luck with deflections for goals that was because we were "dire" 😄

While been excellent yesterday and against Wigam, you have to admit the Boro and Cheltenham games were absoutely dire to watch and we were awful.  I have been openly critical of Crosby, not because of the results or the position in the league but because of how boring we are at times to watch and possession just for the sake of it.  Last night and the Wigan game were different and if we showed that kind of fight and passion, the crowd will get behind them, play like many games in the last 3 months and rightly supporters will not be happy.  You saw the crowd get behind the team in the second half against after booing the first half performance, all Vale fans ask for us is to show some fight and passion.  I have said before I would not give Wilson a contract, he is aboustely quality and seeing him the last 3 games changed my mind on him and what a player, for me the best technically player we had since going down from what is now the championship in 1999.

• Like 1

Watched yesterday’s game in full on Iplayer and thought 3-0 flattered us. A game which we’ve seen a lot at Vale Park, we didn’t really start well  sat off, just kind of looked at what the opposition were doing but we got the goal. A superb finish from Garrity, who I thought was immense with the amount of ground he covered to assist the WB’s.

For me our all of out forwards and midfield played well, Wilson’s movement in particular was highlight and what a fantastic strike. The defence however do not fill my with any confidence and I thought were lucky rather than good. 

Shorrock’s performance, for his age is unbelievable and Lomax looked pretty comfortable all game. 

A huge huge win for Crosby to keep him going for another few weeks until the next crisis. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Exactly. Will Ryder was brought in to develop the pathway from the academy to the first team and that's exactly what he's done. Anyone who's in any doubt should listen to his interview on the official Vale podcast - just inspiring. And the encouraging thing is we can expect to see more 🙂  

I wonder if we have a big CB in the Academy 🙂   as well as those now getting in the squad we also have players like Bhua and Cousins and Brazier who are just on the edge of it,it really does look bright as long as we dont lose these young lads.

I am sure though like the lad who has gone Villa and the winger at Man City we will have sell on clauses in their deals as well which will also help us in the future should they move on

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

We’ve basically become Crewe in tearly 2000’s without the huge cost to keep up the cat status.

It’s a brilliant strategy and clearly Flitcroft made the right appoint in Will Ryder. 

We’ve created room for young lads to show it but you have to be good enough to be in and around the 1st team squad. To have the number of lads at the same time who look capable of filling the squad out and hopefully developing into established 1st team players is so impressive. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

While been excellent yesterday and against Wigam, you have to admit the Boro and Cheltenham games were absoutely dire to watch and we were awful.  I have been openly critical of Crosby, not because of the results or the position in the league but because of how boring we are at times to watch and possession just for the sake of it.  Last night and the Wigan game were different and if we showed that kind of fight and passion, the crowd will get behind them, play like many games in the last 3 months and rightly supporters will not be happy.  You saw the crowd get behind the team in the second half against after booing the first half performance, all Vale fans ask for us is to show some fight and passion.  I have said before I would not give Wilson a contract, he is aboustely quality and seeing him the last 3 games changed my mind on him and what a player, for me the best technically player we had since going down from what is now the championship in 1999.

Unfair to judge Vale v Boro, a far superior club to us with players on considerably larger salaries.

Cheltenham game Clarke did a job on us same as he used to do for us and good luck to him.

Fans get behind the team? 5000 there last night usual rubbish support some of whom even boo their own player when he comes on. If the fans can't get behind the club with stable local owners  and fully comitted players like Garrity and Ojo and Devine even when things aren't  going  to plan then we will end up  back in league 2. 

UTV.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nowag said:

Young Alfie [AB7] has been stopped from broadcasting highlights from matches but another away fan can get away with it, the match last night is on line, Blackpool FC Fan Tv, come on Rob investigate.

What has this got to do with Rob???

Also, its pretty clear that the highlights from matches thing ISN'T ALLOWED, which makes what he was doing wrong. Just because he got caught and penalised and someone else didn't does mean he was right to do it in the first place.

Edited by Granville
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

There is no doubt the pathway is far better but surely that is down to the manager in giving young players a chance. Will Ryder does talk well and it seems more money going into the academy. The proof will be if the academy continues to produce the same quality as the current crop.

• Like 2