onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

I did say a few games ago. Throw the youngsters on...in the right games and in the right context and managed. Having watched today with interest and using the opportunity to use them, each one gained great experience and each one performed beyond their years. Managed well, could be great for us. Supported by seasoned pros like Garrity, Uche, Smith etc...well done today. Not sold on AC but if he learns from today quickly, then keep going.

Advert

11 minutes ago, boleyuk said:

I did say a few games ago. Throw the youngsters on...in the right games and in the right context and managed. Having watched today with interest and using the opportunity to use them, each one gained great experience and each one performed beyond their years. Managed well, could be great for us. Supported by seasoned pros like Garrity, Uche, Smith etc...well done today. Not sold on AC but if he learns from today quickly, then keep going.

Thank God Croz saw your posts. You can keep your back-handed compliment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I've got a lot of respect for a few Crosby Out Vale fans tonight. @Valiiant @JoeB2 and @Vtid. fair play. We completely disagree on Crosby, but a fair and balanced reflection. I was over positive after Barnsley, because I happen to really like AC (such is football). I think I just want a decent ex-lower-league centre back to get a decent crack at management. And I hope he will.

Going more direct today showed a bit of managerial growth. He had more front-foot players available and flexed it a bit. 

Last note from me. I swapped my ticket tonight. Went back to my roots at the back of the Paddock. Best experience ever. Watching just felt right again.

We moved back for last nights game and the Barnsley game. Like you say, feels good to be back home. I think you can tell a chunk of us have moved back as well as the atmosphere is a lot better on the Railway side again.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, boleyuk said:

He was brave enough to play the young players, he doesn’t need to learn , fair play to him 

• Like 3

A few observations played better second half v Barnsley than last night but last night scored at good times .

Blackpool were tidy but had no bite and can see why they are struggling away .

They had more possession .

I think Crosby has in the space of 3 halfs dropped on a team that can do good .

Uche was absolutely magnificent in his work for the team as was Ben Garrity in fact I'd say it was a hardworking win with flashes of real quality .

Step forwards Ethan Chislett Alfie Devine and James Wilson that first goal I reckon we put a good 10 passes together movement great and so pleased Ben put it in with his left foot superbly the second goal was poetry in motion .

The third looked offside to me but we will take it Debrah again winning big balls into the box let's face it anyone could have scored it but credit to N Smith for putting it in .

Great night glad for the hardcore didn't look many there on me telly .

Carlisle will be another hard test but what a super lift that is for Crosby and the lads going into that fixture .

UTV 

5 hours ago, smithie said:

Actually, you can argue against it. It's absolute nonsense to say we've been "dire" and "dreadful" for 3 months! Or don't the Mansfield, Burton and Wigan games count? Or by all accounts a very good performance at Pompey? Or picking up a very decent haul of points away from home, even with sub-par performances?  Or reaching a Cup quarter-final?

Wouldn't 3 months of "dire and dreadful" performances see us bottom with no goals and no points? No progress in cups presumably?

If people wanted him out without any thought for the bigger picture (such as injuries, some bad luck and a glut of fixtures (including 4 FA Cup ties) that's on them. Maybe next time we have a sticky patch (which, believe it, or not all teams do) think whether a bit of patience and leeway for a thoroughly decent manager might be a better option.                

In the league weve been dire for months that is my viewpoint before last night bar the wigan game. Beating some league two teams in a cup didnt sugar coat that for me. Cheltenham wycombe lincoln barnsley derby boro exeter Shrewsbury Peterborough bristol rovers were all terrible in my eyes. If you don't agree thats fine but to have that many poor performances in a short space of time didnt fill me with much hope. Ive always wanted crosby to do well and would love him to turn it around but i wasnt hopeful. Last night there was a major improvement in performance so im hoping its a turning point and im willing to give him a chance.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Great win glad the recepient of my season ticket had a great night .

Watched it Ripleys made two big saves one at start of game and one in second half .

Masterstroke putting Debrah on left that lad can play anywhere and make it easy .

Chislett 2 assists he is quality Wilson adds so much and Uche never stopped he was excellent ,Lowe also but man of the match Ben Garrity .

The young lads did well think Lomax struggled in second half but Lowey kept been in the right place when balls come in .

Shorrock very quick and good .

A good team performance

Well done Vale 

Brought the old year to a end in in style .

Them first 2 goals were sublime especially the first great movement great goal .

Wilson glad we got him 

Baylee and Loft did well also chased lost causes and had quality at times .

UTV 

Not gonna mention Smudge pal 🤷🏼‍♂️ had a good game last night, won some vital headers & topped it off with a goal. Welcome back captain 💪🏻 Yet you mention every other player on that pitch apart from your namesake Alfie & Smith. Your hate of him is really bizzare! Garrity did what he always does, chased around, got stuck in, brought us energy & bags a goal. Standard for Ben he was everywhere. Shorrock was rightly man of the match he was pure class last night. 16 years old & his full debut & had CJ Hamilton on toast 

4 hours ago, JRC said:

In the run up to last Christmas Butterworth looked a Championship quality player. What went wrong after I'm not sure. Maybe struggles when a team is on the back foot, or heavy pitches, or just too inconsistent, or just a loss of confidence.  I suspect he doesn't really suit Carlisle's current style of play, although he'd probably play quite well with Chislett and Devine. 

Yeah it's a weird one with him, at times he looks fantastic with the ball at his feet. There's definitely a player in there somewhere but you don't see it enough like you say he's very inconsistent 

4 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I've got a lot of respect for a few Crosby Out Vale fans tonight. @Valiiant @JoeB2 and @Vtid. fair play. We completely disagree on Crosby, but a fair and balanced reflection. I was over positive after Barnsley, because I happen to really like AC (such is football). I think I just want a decent ex-lower-league centre back to get a decent crack at management. And I hope he will.

Going more direct today showed a bit of managerial growth. He had more front-foot players available and flexed it a bit. 

Last note from me. I swapped my ticket tonight. Went back to my roots at the back of the Paddock. Best experience ever. Watching just felt right again.

Respect mate. Like you say we're all Vale we need to rally together now. Yes people are going to disagree & we will have some bad times from now until the end of the season & that's when the support is needed the most. Whoever booed Loft coming on needs to get a grip! 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Even in victory some still find ways to temper it.

Weirdly when the 3rd went in to put it to bed I wondered if those who openly hoped we’d lose tonight were celebrating that goal and enjoying a good victory? 

This morning was totally different and the approach is what I want to see more of. Ie, going for the throat instead of the regular side to side tippy tappy.

The start was slow but we got better and better and against a poor Blackpool side but no matter who is in front of us, good or bad I would rather see us lose by going for it than sitting back see what happens.

If Crosby can stick with dropping Massey from the matchday squad altogether like today then great, play players in their favoured positions like today then great. 

When I saw the line up I thought 'hmm, that looks great, we could win this, which means Crosby gets even more time'. I was disappointed with that, but delighted and relieved with a convincing win at the same time.

It looks like Crosby is going nowhere. So all we can do. Support the players on the pitch as much as possible and get behind them. Booing the team, eg, Loft is a disgrace. Vent your frustrations on here by all means but anybody wearing black and white out there need our full backing.

For once, I am a really happy, delighted Vale fan. Happy to say that Crosby picked the best side for today and the performance was spot on.

• Like 1

The difference from last night was that we played a different style of football to what has bored us in so many games recently.

Having two strikers on the pitch helped in so many ways. We played it into the strikers feet more times last night than any other game this season. We were able to get up the pitch and play forward quicker.

As for Uche, he’s not perfect and is never going to be prolific. However, he was brilliant for our game plan last night. He occupies defenders, pins them back and defenders naturally drop off. He was also a great foil for Wilson.

Play Wilson and Uche for the next 5 games and see how it goes.

• Like 8

I am very much Crosby out . However tonight we saw a new Crosby  brave and bold . He plays kids at wing back who absolutely looked better wing backs than we seen most of the season . Devine was Devine . 2 strikers on the pitch changes a stale formation in a positive one.  Shout out to Ulche made Wilson more effective by creating space for him .

Crosby being brave and more direct has given him more time in the job if for nothing else it’s clear the team are playing for him .

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Still can’t resist a dig can you. 

I think he secretly has some man crush on Smithy. Must be that gap in his tooth 🤷🏼‍♂️ Constant praise for Debrah, rightly so over the last month or so he's come on a lot but i think it was one of his less effective games last night myself. Made a few sloppy mistakes but he's still young & very inexperienced at this level so it's gonna happen 

• Like 3