Wycombe (A) match thread - 23rd Dec

robf

26 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

If no Blaster or Ojo and Crosby continues with the same formation I would go;

Debrah Smith Iacovitti

Sang Lowe Walters Grant

Chislett Devine

Garrity

Do we know where Conlon stands? Is he fit? Is he off? 

Advert

14 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Don't want to see Walters. Would rather have experience. 

We still have plenty of options in midfield, even with Blaster out. Also, enough cover, even Ojo out as well.

Midfield be:

Massey.           Sang.             Devine.            Grant

Chissy.          Garrity

Want us to try and build up a winning/ not losing streak. Go strong as possible for a while!

I think walters really struggled against Exeter and boro. Don’t think he’s ready yet, requires far too much time on the ball. Sang for me in the middle I’m convinced he will be excellent there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I think walters really struggled against Exeter and boro. Don’t think he’s ready yet, requires far too much time on the ball. Sang for me in the middle I’m convinced he will be excellent there. 

He certainly looked a little shell shocked at the intensity of the Exeter game. There was a big step up to what he experienced in that match. He might get a little more time playing deeper in Ojo's position,  then again a mistake could be more costly.  Sang also has an error in him but I think I would go for him and Devine, with one of the forwards allowing Garrity to play deeper. It's a big game for us as all season we've only played well when Ojo and Arblaster played well. It's a test for the manager to pick the best 2 from Lowe, Sang, Conlon, Devine, Garrity and Walters. 

Edited by JRC
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Vtid said:

Ojo hasn't been confirmed as injured for this game Cros said itll be nip & tuck whether he makes it or not. I've not mentioned Blaster we all know he's out for some time 😅 where have you heard anything about Jones? Going on two months since i've heard his name mentioned at all & Plant was confirmed to be out long term yes, upto 4 months 

we will find out on Saturday but we need some positive results soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

That is the thing that really frustrates me,Sang came here as a midfielder and of late you can tell he has quality in his game yet he hasn't been played there at all,so if he has Grant and Massey as the wing backs then play him in there to take ollies place.. I agree about Walters,i think he will turn into a good player but those games show why the club aren't willing to pay him more than they think he is worth when he isn't quite ready,he needs to knuckle down maybe sign a deal and then when he progresses the deal WILL change as it did with Plant

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

we will find out on Saturday but we need some positive results soon

I am sorry but they can’t and haven’t disclosed any information about any players as it’s against the data protection act in protection of player’s rights as it against the data protection act

Edited by Raveninblack
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, JRC said:

He certainly looked a little shell shocked at the intensity of the Exeter game. There was a big step up to what he experienced in that match. He might get a little more time playing deeper in Ojo's position,  then again a mistake could be more costly.  Sang also has an error in him but I think I would go for him and Devine, with one of the forwards allowing Garrity to play deeper. It's a big game for us as all season we've only played well when Ojo and Arblaster played well. It's a test for the manager to pick the best 2 from Lowe, Sang, Conlon, Devine, Garrity and Walters. 

JRC we’re always going to have a mistake in us as long as we involve Ripley so much in our play. You should only use the GK to pass to when it’s safe and the only as a last resort to conceding a throw in a dangerous area or a corner. I don’t like Ripley having so much possession and don’t think his distribution is that good. The ball to Balmer the other night was terrible and difficult to control at chest height, with the Boro player being on Balmer straight away. When you look at GK’s in the EPL who play this style some have scary moments and in the Palace game the other night, they get caught out and it then invariably it leads to a goal. No one can afford to make mistakes in that area of the pitch. I’m not a fan of this model of football, that’s currently being played all over the country and wish someone would change. It’s robotic and boring to see all teams trying to play this way.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I am sorry but they can’t and haven’t disclosed any information about any players as it’s against the data protection act in protection of player’s rights as it against the date protection act

what a load of nonsense that is 😭 they've already commented on certain players like the yak for example when he was injured. But Willo & Jones nothing for ages. It doesn't help when the likes of baggers or bowers don't ask such things 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vtid said:

what a load of nonsense that is 😭 they've already commented on certain players like the yak for example when he was injured. But Willo & Jones nothing for ages. It doesn't help when the likes of baggers or bowers don't ask such things 

They've commented on both in press conferences.  Jones picked up a second injury in training but is now fit, Wilson has been training on the grass for a couple of weeks. Jones was fit enough to have been able to play on 15 December, I suspect Wilson may be on the bench today.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JRC said:

They've commented on both in press conferences.  Jones picked up a second injury in training but is now fit, Wilson has been training on the grass for a couple of weeks. Jones was fit enough to have been able to play on 15 December, I suspect Wilson may be on the bench today.

Training on the grass. It reminds me of Inly Fools where Del is telling two women in a bar that Rodney is an up and coming tennis star of the future and when asked if he prefers Astro turf or grass replied, I’ve never smoked Astro turf

I don’t like Ripley having so much possession and don’t think his distribution is that good. The ball to Balmer the other night was terrible and difficult to control at chest height, with the Boro player being on Balmer straight away."    (Playa Amodores)

Personally, I don't think Balmer should be in the team at all.... he looks clumsy and always has a (costly) mistake in him I thought a player of his supposed pedigree - Crystal Palace reserve - would have anticipated the danger of the fast approaching Palace player and simply let the ball go out for a throw in while we regrouped. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

That is the thing that really frustrates me,Sang came here as a midfielder and of late you can tell he has quality in his game yet he hasn't been played there at all,so if he has Grant and Massey as the wing backs then play him in there to take ollies place.. I agree about Walters,i think he will turn into a good player but those games show why the club aren't willing to pay him more than they think he is worth when he isn't quite ready,he needs to knuckle down maybe sign a deal and then when he progresses the deal WILL change as it did with Plant

When Cardiff let Sang go their manager said it was because he was best suited to central midfield but they saw him as a backup right wingback. He's played the vast majority of his league games at right wingback or right back, including both his loans. My opinion is he's probably better in the centre but he's probably had his best games for us on the right. I suspect he'll get his chance in the middle today, hopefully he'll make himself a fixture.  The problem is his greatest attribute to date has been his crossing, he won't do much of that as a 4.

• Like 2