onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough (H) FLC QF Match Thread 19th Dec

Birches Head Fred

3 hours ago, Old fort said:

Couple of things I'd like to comment on. 

Firstly, last night's attempt at delivering a cup tie performance was so sterile, the players didn't need to shower at the end. OK, so we were unlikely to have won, against an half decent Championship club, but to lose in such a way was beyond embarrassing.  Awful Exeter lost against Middlesbrough too, but their fans would have at least been proud of the effort that their team produced,  which was in stark contrast to what we were served up last night. 

Port Vale big cup ties traditionally sees our team trying to give the fans something to appreciate, even if the result isn't necessarily going to end in our favour.  Last night was insipid and yes Vale Park was like a morgue's library for one reason only, which was wholly because of the tripe on the pitch. 

This leads me to the other issue of the general poor atmosphere at Vale Park.  Folk can harp on till the cows come home with all sorts of reasons or excuses, but the bottom line is that it's 99% down to results and performances. 

Nobody really gave a stuff about where they stood, sat or that the bogs stunk of slash while wading through it, during the almost long forgotten times when we were beating Sjoke, West Brom, Everton and even Man City, or giving Arsenal Invincibles the fright of their lives.  Its all about what we get from the team, when we pay our money. Little else really matters

Come on Vale, wake up and step up.  See and understand the big picture and get it sorted, with no nicely nicey fluffy flannel that you expect gritty urban raised fans to swallow like a kitten lapping up a saucer of milk. 

Just get real, please and try to deliver some sustainable positively for us to look forward to, so that we can get back to enjoying, rather than enduring games, then the atmosphere would look after itself. 

Yeah it makes me chuckle when the fans are blamed for failing to create an atmosphere. We've been tripe for 12 months and, after the 10th minute, were tripe and flat last night. It's not easy to force an atmosphere when proceedings are so incredibly poor and we've put in relegation form for a calendar year. Atmospheres should be natural and exciting, not forced.

There's very few clubs which can generate a proper atmosphere when they're losing games at the regularity we are. This view that the Vale fans are somehow uniquely poor seems to be a popular and wrong view. They're just football fans, no different from Doncaster fans or Grimsby fans, not some weird alien species which we need to spend every week banging on about and criticising.

Win games of football, is my radical solution.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

No because the Bycars didn't die because of the lack of proximity to away fans. It died because of the membership scheme costing extra and being the only stand you couldn't get a beer.

Again, the bycars and railway co existed with decent atmospheres before 2000, why can't the Hamil and Railway?

I hope you're right because l feel we're at something of a crossroads in keeping and attracting fans. 

Having said all that, there's no great appetite for bantz at many clubs when the visiting club brings 33 fans...like Burton Fleetwood Stevenage etc. 

18 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Crazy thought that I have posted on here a few times, yet no one seems to be able to make it happen...move from the Hamil end of the Railway to the Bycars end of the Railway. 

The Hamil will develop into what it's intended to be in time. Too much of a mix at the moment. It needs to become our "end", like the Bycars was before it died off.

The Bycars and Railway co existed back in the day, why can't the Hamil and the Railway?

The problem right now is they are trying to make it both a family stand and also encourage it to be the main singing area. The two are just not compatible with the different demographics that brings. Add in the fact there’s people like me who prefer to stand but unless you are at the very back (which fortunately I am) there’s always someone behind who then doesn’t like that and I’ve seen multiple arguments break out on that one. This is why although it’ll not happen any time soon I think the Hamil side of the Lorne Street needs finishing make that the family section. Rip out all the seats in the back sections of the Hamil and make it safe standing then you have a proper home end and it deals with the arguments over standing up or sitting down. You can then even have the option for the likes of Derby give them Bycars and that side of the Lorne Street.

Last night though it was more people were just bored in all honesty by a Vale team playing with no intent.

3 minutes ago, smithie said:

I hope you're right because l feel we're at something of a crossroads in keeping and attracting fans. 

Having said all that, there's no great appetite for bantz at many clubs when the visiting club brings 33 fans...like Burton Fleetwood Stevenage etc. 

I do agree but ultimately it's upto the fans. Back in the 90s the atmosphere in the Bycars was the reason I went there. It moved to the Railway so I followed, then the last few years I would go in the stand. The Hamil needs to become the end , rather than a mismatch of all different fans wanting different experiences 

4 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

The problem right now is they are trying to make it both a family stand and also encourage it to be the main singing area. The two are just not compatible with the different demographics that brings. Add in the fact there’s people like me who prefer to stand but unless you are at the very back (which fortunately I am) there’s always someone behind who then doesn’t like that and I’ve seen multiple arguments break out on that one. This is why although it’ll not happen any time soon I think the Hamil side of the Lorne Street needs finishing make that the family section. Rip out all the seats in the back sections of the Hamil and make it safe standing then you have a proper home end and it deals with the arguments over standing up or sitting down. You can then even have the option for the likes of Derby give them Bycars and that side of the Lorne Street.

Last night though it was more people were just bored in all honesty by a Vale team playing with no intent.

Agree with every word there

14 hours ago, TEXAS said:

As it happened it looked unlucky, on TV it was a terrible miss but that shouldn't surprise us with his finishing !

Yes, I also Saw the Video of his 'Terrible' miss Later,  ( As I only use the iFollow Commentary's )       I think It would have been Much easier to have Dived & Headed it in, than trying  using his boot ? and blasting it over the Bar ? Their Goalie was well outside the far Post, He had ALL the Goal to Hit, See photo below, height of the cross, from the left, look where their Goalie is ! - An open Goal ! DSCF1729.thumb.JPG.b9f04d60a2ae348edf3975a3762f6ba3.JPG A goal then, would have lifted the Vale Team , & perhaps unsettled  Middlesborough ?

4 hours ago, Soul Intent said:

Yep, this was inevitable sadly. There needs to be some away/home fan interaction at Vale to get a decent atmosphere on a regular basis, so I'm hoping people will move back to the Railway to get that back, otherwise we're stuck with a graveyard atmosphere emoji3517.png

Sent from my RMX2063 using onevalefan mobile app

I've transferred my ticket for the Barnsley game back to the Stand. I'm going to see if the club will allow me to exchange my ST back to the Stand for the rest of the season. Absolutely awful in the Hamil. A few already having a go at those coked up <ovf censored> behind the goal. I can see them getting more than that if the mood continues to sour.

7 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I've transferred my ticket for the Barnsley game back to the Stand. I'm going to see if the club will allow me to exchange my ST back to the Stand for the rest of the season. Absolutely awful in the Hamil. A few already having a go at those coked up <ovf censored> behind the goal. I can see them getting more than that if the mood continues to sour.

Great. I can get a free pie now 😀

Im reading a lot about the change to the hamil is the reason why fans were quiet no the performance v Middlesboro is the reason why the crowd were quiet we never hot a head of steam up as Middlesboro controlled the whole game .

V Wigan it was fine in there noisy as because we were playing consistently well and the support who turned up watch that game were enjoying the Vale players as a team efforts .

Tues I don't know whether they had there Xmas party over weekend but we seemed knackered for tge biggest home game Vale park has ever hosted.

That's what's annoyed me well not so much today as I've forgot about it now as it was a very unmemorable night .

We never turned up tues  or the size of the crowd scared  them , cause let's face it thanks to the efforts of the players tues about 2500 of them folk will never return which if I was the owner of the club I'd be absolutely furious about .

There was so many reasons I wanted  us take the uplifting afternoon v Wigan into the game we failed considerably

Next season I will move back into Railway stand not because I don't like it the hamil I do but first halfs I don't really get see what's going on like I used too in the stand where I'd move myself from the end we are attacking to the other end where we are attacking .

UTV 

7 hours ago, Mellor! said:

You can transfer your season ticket back to the stand, I’ve done it.

they do it in the shop while you wait.

Archived