Advert

Advert

Wigan Athletic (H) match thread - 16th Dec

robf

Advert

All the songs for the players from the Hamil

Loved the Ethan Chislett song but hadn't got a clue what the words were

Thought Devine, Blaster,Chizzy and Massey were brilliant

Hate to say it cos I love Smithy but I thought the defence passed the ball well today(I know Balmers touch for the goal was terrible)

• Like 1

Lee Hughes in the 7 v Burton in 2013, but surely Tom Pope scored one after that - can’t think anyone else would have. If it is > 10 years since our last one it must be close to a record (for us) -Chizzy will be getting a statue at this rate.  
I've done a quick search and Hughes was defo our last L2 hat trick and Akpo our last L1 hat trick. Long time ago for both!

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
3 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:
Lee Hughes in the 7 v Burton in 2013, but surely Tom Pope scored one after that - can’t think anyone else would have. If it is > 10 years since our last one it must be close to a record (for us) -Chizzy will be getting a statue at this rate.  

I've done a quick search and Hughes was defo our last L2 hat trick and Akpo our last L1 hat trick. Long time ago for both!

Mainly because we don’t score 3 often 😀

Mark Richards and Justin Richards in the same game.

• Like 1

One minor moan.

Stop faffing about with the post-match music after a win. Didn't know if I was coming or going. Dave Clark Five into the stupid 'do do do' song and then Shakira. Some old fellas near me were in disarray with their clapping rhythm. 

Blast The Wonder of You loudly. Don't do anything else.

If it finishes and folk are still in, then it's Glad All Over, Can't Help Falling in Love With You, and for the lads, Insomnia by Faithless. Then we all go home for teatime.

Don't overcomplicate it. Play the classics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A good win & a great performance. They couldn't get near us first half, almost the entire 45 mins played in their half of the pitch. So much energy that I feared we would tire dramatically in the 2nd half, based on them having a free week & us having played ET midweek.

Some very good individual performances. Lowe looked comfortable in the middle & Jessie had a great game on the right. Him & Massey seem to have struck up a really good relationship down that side. Ollie, Alfie & Funso controlled the game for the first hour.

Chissy was unplayable, they were scared stiff of him. Some great little touches & his spacial awareness is superb; 3 good goals with the 3rd being the icing in the cake. No more than we deserved as we could've been out of sight at half time.

Still look vulnerable at the back & we've always got a mistake in us, but don't really want to focus on that today. First home win in an age. Up to 15th. Well clear of the bottom 4. Home games in hand. 3 unbeaten over 90 mins. League Cup Quarter Final up next against a Boro team riddled with injuries.

We couldn't, could we...

• Like 6

I’m driving up from Kent on Tuesday with more positivity after that. Out in the back garden building an outhouse and screaming at the radio every second of the match. Hands down the best performance and most resilient of the season. No capitulation this time. This reminds me of the mentality of the team that went up from L2. Garrity ace. Massey superb (first time I’ve said that) Chizzy sublime finishing, Devine was Devine, Arblaster brill. Ripley strong at the back. Bring on the boro.

• Like 4

Mainly because we don’t score 3 often 😀

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Got it wrong and saw your post.

Surely, its Wilson v Accrington in the FA Cup a couple of years ago

He didn't, he said the last time Vale had scored three in a league game at Vale Park was against Oldham in the promotion season, the last time a Vale player scored a hat trick was Wilson v Accrington in the FA Cup. I heard it.