onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton W (A) FLT 32 match thread 5th Dec

OK let's look at the squad and see who needs game time .

No Arblaster Plant or Devine .

So who played v Wrexham 

Lomax Buah Walters .

Not worried if them 3 start I thought they all did well fir 60 mins .

Who needs game time .

Tom Conlon Lewis Cass Kofi Balmer .

So here's a guess at team different from 1 selected by me for the huge away following this evening what someone said 100 plus (lol).

Leutweiler 

Cass Balmer Debrah 

Lomax                       Buah 

Walters Conlon Grant 

Massey 

Loft .

Advert

16 hours ago, smithie said:

Results in this joke competition are totally irrelevant to most fans, l think it's reasonable to assume. I've never heard of a manager being under pressure in relation to a defeat in it. 

He’s under pressure full stop.  Ok, he won’t lose his job if we get hammered tonight but in the context of the current run it’ll be another stick to beat him with going into a must win game on Saturday.

On 04/12/2023 at 13:55, Guppys left peg said:

I think there’s still a few injured but most of them are back or close to it now I think. We probably wouldn’t play them anyway. This season we’ve gone for mixing in academy players in this competition and would be stunned if we did anything different here. Simply put we have a really high number of games this month including a League Cup QF and an FA Cup replay. Couple that with the league commitments and the Christmas period this one has to be bottom of the priorities for us.

On 04/12/2023 at 13:55, Guppys left peg said:

I think there’s still a few injured but most of them are back or close to it now I think. We probably wouldn’t play them anyway. This season we’ve gone for mixing in academy players in this competition and would be stunned if we did anything different here. Simply put we have a really high number of games this month including a League Cup QF and an FA Cup replay. Couple that with the league commitments and the Christmas period this one has to be bottom of the priorities for us.

We've got quite a few injuries still. Jones, Clark, Plant, Devine, Arblaster, Wilson and Thomas.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

He’s under pressure full stop.  Ok, he won’t lose his job if we get hammered tonight but in the context of the current run it’ll be another stick to beat him with going into a must win game on Saturday.

Who decides when someone is officially "under pressure"? I don't think he is. 

On 04/12/2023 at 11:37, Andy Proctor said:

Well we have sold 100 tickets for this so good to see fans are boycotting it ...

Never good to see Vale fans boycotting a Vale game, unless it's to root out Scumthwaite or any other bad board members we've had!

Also, if a Vale team played so badly they were accused of rolling over and having their tummies tickled there would be a huge, ranting outcry! Yet...some "fans" are advocating doing exactly that, by giving Bolton the tie, under the mistaken belief that not playing competitive matches helps to improve form and fitness, more so than training does?

But, I guess that's just me, wanting my team to win every game and try to achieve success - especially when there is prize money to be won! It may not be a lot in the earliest stages - but it's better than nowt! And it's a handy chunk for the winners, later on. Not sure many L1 / L2 teams can afford to turn up their noses at prize money, but I don't think we can? And winning breeds a winning mentality, it's said, so playing ourselves into a bit of form could translate into our League games...maybe?

Anywayu - UTV...VTID!!! Revenge would taste sweet!

30 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

What on earth has happened with Jones ? Completely the forgotten man. Although he didn't play often the previous two seasons in fairness. 

Darren, exactly but didn’t we give him a two year contract. ? We don’t utilise his long throws and he thinks he’s better than he actually is, trying to hit forty yard cross pitch passes that are normally to an opposition player in and around the centre circle. I’d rather him just play it down the line if he wants to go long.

On 04/12/2023 at 13:58, Andy Proctor said:

...can't see anything other than about 7 nil loss. Score means nothing anyway...If we continue to lose or not score goals then there's no choice but to sack Crosby.

You think it would be ok to lose by 7 or 8? Do you think that would do our fragile confidence some good - or would it...like the Barnsley result...cause another meltdown with our fainter-hearted fans? As for sacking AC if we continue to lose, don't you think it's a bit of craven hypocrisy to set up to do just that?

21 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

The dilemma Croz has when picking his team is that most fans would no doubt accept a defeat in this one but nobody will be happy if we go with a fairly strong side and get a hammering.

Nor a weak side and get a hammering. AC can't win...unless he wins! 

6 hours ago, Dan de lyon said:

...I know a lot write this competition off but how many chances do L1 teams get to go to Wembley. We wanted promotion last year but put a lot of effort into this and won it, great day out, a trophy and the club made good money too so maybe not too bad...

Exactly this, Dan...and I wonder how many of our whingers would stay away from the Wembley day out, if we gpot there?

Archived