onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton W (A) FLT 32 match thread 5th Dec

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Bolton are going all out to regain the trophy, they always play their strongest team. Just turn up play the under 16s and come back safely in one piece.

I wouldn’t say all out olly. Of course we’d like to retain the trophy because no team has ever done that but frankly most Wanderers fans want promotion this year and nothing else matters. In fact Evatt has retained strong teams based on that fact because too many changes just disturbs the rhythm of the team. Obviously we need to give squad players a chance too but that’s mainly through bringing them on after about 60 minutes when hopefully the games all but won. We did make a few changes to the starting line up on Saturday against Harrogate and that didn’t turn out too bad but I expect a pretty much first eleven to start tomorrow as we don’t play Portsmouth until Monday and Evatt will want his first teamers fit and ready for that one. So Charles, Adeboyejo, Toal and Maghoma who didn’t feature against Harrogate are pretty much certain to start. I hear you have one or two injuries for the game so maybe you’re right in keeping your powder dry for the league instead of a Mickey Mouse cup like this one? I don’t think you’re in any real danger of the drop league wise but good luck anyway.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Dan de lyon said:

I wouldn’t say all out olly. Of course we’d like to retain the trophy because no team has ever done that but frankly most Wanderers fans want promotion this year and nothing else matters. In fact Evatt has retained strong teams based on that fact because too many changes just disturbs the rhythm of the team. Obviously we need to give squad players a chance too but that’s mainly through bringing them on after about 60 minutes when hopefully the games all but won. We did make a few changes to the starting line up on Saturday against Harrogate and that didn’t turn out too bad but I expect a pretty much first eleven to start tomorrow as we don’t play Portsmouth until Monday and Evatt will want his first teamers fit and ready for that one. So Charles, Adeboyejo, Toal and Maghoma who didn’t feature against Harrogate are pretty much certain to start. I hear you have one or two injuries for the game so maybe you’re right in keeping your powder dry for the league instead of a Mickey Mouse cup like this one? I don’t think you’re in any real danger of the drop league wise but good luck anyway.

I think there’s still a few injured but most of them are back or close to it now I think. We probably wouldn’t play them anyway. This season we’ve gone for mixing in academy players in this competition and would be stunned if we did anything different here. Simply put we have a really high number of games this month including a League Cup QF and an FA Cup replay. Couple that with the league commitments and the Christmas period this one has to be bottom of the priorities for us.

Boltons first team Vs vales youth team can't see anything other than about 7 nil loss. Score means nothing anyway as the far more important games are away to Exeter, next week's cup replay against Stevenage then the Middlesbrough cup game. If we continue to lose or not score goals then there's no choice but to sack Crosby.

5 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Boltons first team Vs vales youth team can't see anything other than about 7 nil loss. Score means nothing anyway as the far more important games are away to Exeter, next week's cup replay against Stevenage then the Middlesbrough cup game. If we continue to lose or not score goals then there's no choice but to sack Crosby.

Home win against Wigan in between

12 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Lose tomorrow and more importantly to Exeter on Saturday then i think a decision will be made,they will have no choice really

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Lose tomorrow and more importantly to Exeter on Saturday then i think a decision will be made,they will have no choice really

Whoever loses Saturday would surely be the end of either manager.

Or a draw could mean both managers being sacked.

I wonder if that's ever happened before where both managers have been sacked straight after they have played each others teams

11 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Home win against Wigan in between

I'd like to think we would beat Wigan but there playing well at the moment. If it wasn't for there point deduction then they would be top 10. Exeter is the one really they are on as bad a run as we are so if we don't beat them then who are we going beat. At the end of the day if you don't score many goals then it's very hard to win any game at all.

4 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Yeah look had we lost Saturday I would put more into this but with a home replay and a none league side in the third round the carrot of that competition is much greater now and this is probably one to sack off, we've potentially got three league games to fit in somewhere (4 if we went past Stevenage and Maidstone).

The fact we have a few coming back from injury may make it stronger than say Wrexham away with Balmer and maybe Grant getting minutes in, but lets face it the two injured Arblaster and Devine never play in this cup anyway.

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

I think there’s still a few injured but most of them are back or close to it now I think. We probably wouldn’t play them anyway. This season we’ve gone for mixing in academy players in this competition and would be stunned if we did anything different here. Simply put we have a really high number of games this month including a League Cup QF and an FA Cup replay. Couple that with the league commitments and the Christmas period this one has to be bottom of the priorities for us.

Given your circumstances Guppy, I think I’d sacrifice this one too but for us it’s slightly different because our whole squad, including a certain Will Forrester are all performing so well at the moment and we’re scoring for fun but then when you have players like Bodvarsson, Cameron Jerome and Dan Nlundulu on the bench you’d probably expect that. We need to keep them all up to speed so we’re glad of the cup games to do that. According to our newspaper neither Devine or Arblaster will be fit for you so I don’t know if that’s bad or whether they wouldn’t have played anyway. I think you can safely say Evatt expects a top performance from our side as we’ve a big game away at Pompey on Monday and he wants everyone sharp for that so no bad fouls please as we don’t want any injuries!!

54 minutes ago, Dan de lyon said:

Given your circumstances Guppy, I think I’d sacrifice this one too but for us it’s slightly different because our whole squad, including a certain Will Forrester are all performing so well at the moment and we’re scoring for fun but then when you have players like Bodvarsson, Cameron Jerome and Dan Nlundulu on the bench you’d probably expect that. We need to keep them all up to speed so we’re glad of the cup games to do that. According to our newspaper neither Devine or Arblaster will be fit for you so I don’t know if that’s bad or whether they wouldn’t have played anyway. I think you can safely say Evatt expects a top performance from our side as we’ve a big game away at Pompey on Monday and he wants everyone sharp for that so no bad fouls please as we don’t want any injuries!!

Devine and Blaster dont play in this, we probably go with Conlon and Walters plus maybe Garrity or Chrislett. 

We have such a good squad that in every game we have a chance .

Our recent away form is this .

V Mansfield 0-1 win tremendous performance deserved win by so many more was there 1664 followers would agree .

V Lincoln so much better than them.with 11 men even with 10 still seemed good enough win game 1-1 late shocker .

V Wrexham 60 mins terrific this with academy kids in replaced with first teamers would have won 2-1 defeat though as bing left them on too long .

V Shrewsbury 2-1 defeat generally should have scored about 3 more and conceded 0 but five mins of abysmal defending saw that the better team lost .

V Stevenage no idea but got a 1-1 had 2 disallowed goals and the opposition had 1 on target they managed score from.

So not as clear and present as folk think .

Come on Vale academy kids or not 

Yeah shorrock got injured against eccleshall but that was 2 weeks ago so maybe he's ok to play know, if he does play he's only aged 16 anyway. Plant might not be able play either as he popped his shoulder out on Saturday at Stevenage so even if they have popped it back in they might not want take the risk with him. I'd be surprised if grant played as he played Saturday so I can't see Crosby wanting him playing 2 games in a week with his injury record either. Arblaster, devine and Thomas are all injured and I presume Wilson and Clarke are still out also so still plenty of players out injured.

54 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

We have such a good squad that in every game we have a chance .

Our recent away form is this .

V Mansfield 0-1 win tremendous performance deserved win by so many more was there 1664 followers would agree .

V Lincoln so much better than them.with 11 men even with 10 still seemed good enough win game 1-1 late shocker .

V Wrexham 60 mins terrific this with academy kids in replaced with first teamers would have won 2-1 defeat though as bing left them on too long .

V Shrewsbury 2-1 defeat generally should have scored about 3 more and conceded 0 but five mins of abysmal defending saw that the better team lost .

V Stevenage no idea but got a 1-1 had 2 disallowed goals and the opposition had 1 on target they managed score from.

So not as clear and present as folk think .

Come on Vale academy kids or not 

Big admiration for your optimism! But hope you're correct. UTV

Archived