onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton W (A) FLT 32 match thread 5th Dec

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

We have such a good squad that in every game we have a chance .

Our recent away form is this .

V Mansfield 0-1 win tremendous performance deserved win by so many more was there 1664 followers would agree .

V Lincoln so much better than them.with 11 men even with 10 still seemed good enough win game 1-1 late shocker .

V Wrexham 60 mins terrific this with academy kids in replaced with first teamers would have won 2-1 defeat though as bing left them on too long .

V Shrewsbury 2-1 defeat generally should have scored about 3 more and conceded 0 but five mins of abysmal defending saw that the better team lost .

V Stevenage no idea but got a 1-1 had 2 disallowed goals and the opposition had 1 on target they managed score from.

So not as clear and present as folk think .

Come on Vale academy kids or not 

WTF are you going on about? 

Have you just been transported to some kind of parallel universe?

Advert

15 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

WTF are you going on about? 

Have you just been transported to some kind of parallel universe?

No fella just giving my opinion on games .

By all means give me yours .

We ain't as bad as doomsayers say we are .

UTV

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

I'd go with Leitweiler, Lomax, Balmer, Debrah, Yak, Shorrock across the back. Walters & Conlon in the middle, with Plant, Chislet & Buah in behind Uche for this one 

Don't think we'll get away with using 12 players for the whole match.

(Though Plant being injured may spare us a fine and being thrown out after a great win.)

Would not be playing all the kids, would be making lots of changes, however some players need minutes who have returned from injury and those who did not play Saturday, I would be giving a game to or at least 60 minutes then make a load of changes.  My team would be;

Leutwiler

Massey Cass Debrah Yak Grant

Conlon Walters Buah

Loft Uche

8 changes from Saturday, but still feel it could be competitive.

14 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Don't think we'll get away with using 12 players for the whole match.

(Though Plant being injured may spare us a fine and being thrown out after a great win.)

Haha my bad 🤦🏼‍♂️ is Plant injured? ahh yeah shoulder 👍🏻 my heads fooked 😂

51 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The dilemma Croz has when picking his team is that most fans would no doubt accept a defeat in this one but nobody will be happy if we go with a fairly strong side and get a hammering.

Results in this joke competition are totally irrelevant to most fans, l think it's reasonable to assume. I've never heard of a manager being under pressure in relation to a defeat in it. 

V Mansfield 0-1 win tremendous performance deserved win by so many more was there 1664 followers would agree .
V Lincoln so much better than them.with 11 men even with 10 still seemed good enough win game 1-1 late shocker .
V Wrexham 60 mins terrific this with academy kids in replaced with first teamers would have won 2-1 defeat though as bing left them on too long .
V Shrewsbury 2-1 defeat generally should have scored about 3 more and conceded 0 but five mins of abysmal defending saw that the better team lost .
V Stevenage no idea but got a 1-1 had 2 disallowed goals and the opposition had 1 on target they managed score from.
So what you are trying to say is that except for the goal scoring issues we are quite a good side. Can't argue with that.
Except those goal scoring issues are pretty important. That will send us down if we are not careful.
Problem I think that it has become a confidence issue now in league games. Whereas in Cup games the pressure is off. Hence the better performances.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

18 minutes ago, smithie said:

Results in this joke competition are totally irrelevant to most fans, l think it's reasonable to assume. I've never heard of a manager being under pressure in relation to a defeat in it. 

Trip to Wembley maybe, but only if it happens. Not a target as such, especially without a  cruising settled team.

4 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Such a good squad that we haven’t won any of our last 11 league games?

Couldn’t give a monkeys about the game tomorrow. I’d happily play the u18s and let the first team focus on a relegation 6 pointer at Exeter on Saturday followed by a couple of cup games that could materially bolster the club finances.

9 hours ago, worldsendvalefan said:

So what you are trying to say is that except for the goal scoring issues we are quite a good side. Can't argue with that.
Except those goal scoring issues are pretty important. That will send us down if we are not careful.
Problem I think that it has become a confidence issue now in league games. Whereas in Cup games the pressure is off. Hence the better performances.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

Correct .

Goal.scoring is like anything else in life if you have enough belief that you can achieve putting ball in the net its like having belief you going pull the gorgeous lady down the road it possibly won't happen but you never know .

Without belief none are achievable. 

What happens if AC sends Uche and Loft out later and they both score a goal surely that's got be worth putting a OK side out just for that as then they go into Exeter game believing In there striking ability. 

We ain't a bad side at all apart from 2 home games,Cheltenham and Derby where had no real tenacity in our play and deserved lose .

To me if your the goalie you should go out with clean sheet mentality 

If defender it's thou shall not pass .

A midfielder well I want to put them quality balls through. 

If a forward you want to gamble (I don't mean with betfair )by attacking the space .

What disappointed me most about the Derby defeat is if we high pressed we may have caused them issues but we didn't and I found they got out too easily for my liking .

8 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

Such a good squad that we haven’t won any of our last 11 league games?

Couldn’t give a monkeys about the game tomorrow. I’d happily play the u18s and let the first team focus on a relegation 6 pointer at Exeter on Saturday followed by a couple of cup games that could materially bolster the club finances.

Your right to have that opinion .

Its not everyone's though 

I'm.sure my mate at work who's going and paying 99 quid for a Premier Inn for one would have a different opinion than you .

Are we bottom I'm sure we ain't. 

Have we not had injuries. 

Are we not doing ok in the cups must have scored or we be out .

If sack Crosby what purpose does it serve we ain't all of a sudden going score loads of goals cause we changed the manager the next manager will still have the same problem .

I don't want to get into arguments about the merits of what we have have deserved and what we have been dealt .

I understand folks frustration I really do .

It can all change with confidence and good wheeling and dealing in Jan .

We are all fans at the end of the day look at our neighbours lost 3 in a row and all of a sudden some of there support are  falling out with players on a platform .

Keep the faith I believe it will turn 

1 hour ago, Osh said:

Anyone know if the match is being streamed anywhere tonight..??

Thanks

It’s on Wanderers TV for a Tenner Osh if you just go on the bwfc.co.uk site but I’d have thought it would also be in iFollow if Vale are assigned to that? I know a lot write this competition off but how many chances do L1 teams get to go to Wembley. We wanted promotion last year but put a lot of effort into this and won it, great day out, a trophy and the club made good money too so maybe not too bad. Evatt wants us to be the first club to retain it so we won’t be fielding a weakened team tonight I can assure you so if you win you’ll fully deserve it. Let’s just hope it’s a good game and no strange reffing decisions. 🤗

33 minutes ago, Dan de lyon said:

It’s on Wanderers TV for a Tenner Osh if you just go on the bwfc.co.uk site but I’d have thought it would also be in iFollow if Vale are assigned to that? I know a lot write this competition off but how many chances do L1 teams get to go to Wembley. We wanted promotion last year but put a lot of effort into this and won it, great day out, a trophy and the club made good money too so maybe not too bad. Evatt wants us to be the first club to retain it so we won’t be fielding a weakened team tonight I can assure you so if you win you’ll fully deserve it. Let’s just hope it’s a good game and no strange reffing decisions. 🤗

Cheers m8.  Much appreciated  

Archived