onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln (A) match thread 11th Nov

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Is that for definite? If true, then that shows had badly our recruitment has failed on the striker front. 

Yes.

I would love to know the combined wages of Wilson, Uche, Loft and Thomas although Thomas will not be too great I would have thought because we probably could have got 2 really good strikers for that combination especially because we only start with one striker anyway

Advert

57 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Is that for definite? If true, then that shows had badly our recruitment has failed on the striker front. 

Of course it's true. Someone in Burslem Park heard it from someone in The Crown who goes drinking with the ghost of The Leopard. 

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Do you know what?  paying for a decent striker is pointless because we create hardly anything in games.

I have been saying it all season and these stats back it up.

I never get the amount of times people come on here after games & say things like I can believe that we have not put 4 or 5 past time or this is the best I have seen Vale player in 40 years.

I get lambasted for sticking up & saying time & time again that we create bugger all.

A top striker is not going to make any difference.

Opposition teams are saying we are a nice football team. Nice is something you say when you do not want to be rude to people.

The football we play is slow and boring

Good strikers make their goals. That is why I didn't rate Popey that much

6 hours ago, valefan16 said:

We’ve got to grow up to put it bluntly; the anger in the post match interviews possibly or hopefully means the penny has finally dropped, we’ve sleep walked into a completely avoidable relegation battle.

Why stop playing our own game? We are as good as anyone in the division with the ball on the deck, the first goal is great play for example so why start lumping it? Especially when Loft can’t control a scale electrix let alone a long ball. Why bring Loft on in the first place? Josh Thomas scores midweek our only fit striker who’s actually scored a goal this season, 10 v 10 with them desperate and plenty of space surely go with his raw pace to hit them on the counter.

It just seems to be immature game management and decisions, possibly with an inexperienced manager and a very young team out with the injuries.

Arblaster shouldn’t make that challenge on a booking, that’s cost us for a start as he’s our stellar player and main ball player. He’s stupid there and cost us, especially in Lincoln still go down to 10 as then they are chasing shadows for the remainder of the game. Needs to learn there as he’s played on the edge a couple of times now. Hopefully his ban is served Tuesday so we don’t actually miss him at all.

Cass, ridiculous going for that ball, stay in his position we win 1-0, he’s so inconsistent at this level, great last week, cost us 2 points there, if Lowe and Smith play it’s a win, bonkers we’ve got 7 centre halves and 5 are out.

And why oh why does Crosby go so negative when we don’t have fit centre halves? Battered Mansfield and then he sits in and makes in nervy, done it again yesterday, just keep playing our game and try and kill the game.

We’ve got to get more clinical as well, should be 3 or 4-0 up at half time yet again and get punished. Even if we just take one of the chances Uche and Devine had it’s probably game over but we never get that 2nd goal, have we had a 2 goal lead all season? I don’t recall one off the top of my head.

Crosby is 5 minutes away from really having the pressure taken off him, good spell in the cups since Cheltenham debacle and then a win yesterday and it’s all rosey again, now he’s under massive pressure. 2 weeks aside from the cup replay to get things right, get some players back from injury, especially defensively and needs a big result next league game, hopefully have Lowe, Jones and Yak back and possibly Wilson so not the end of the world but we’ve got to start winning games.

It’s boring hearing how good we are between the boxes and when we play football but if you don’t win that’s pointless.

I agree with much of that but to say we should have scored 3 or 4 yesterday is wrong.

IMG_0938.jpeg

It's predictable and tiring. We all know where we stand and for me it will end in relegation unless we find someone to bag 10/15 goals from January onwards. Nice on the eye, dominate for spells, no end product. None of the strikers are good enough, fit enough, experienced enough or a combination of the quoted. We need the win at Burton. I'm not confident but who knows?

Two years is a long time to 'scout' and recruit a key component required.

I'd be more concerned if we weren't making chances and consider that at some point the goals will come.

If I was Uche or Loft I would jump at the chance of being able to work with a striker coach if it is/was available. Someone like a Tom Pope as there is a bit of Popey's style in each of them. Coaching on "simple things" like positioning, body shape, run timing and decision making etc may just make the difference.

It's only since Pope has left that fans should realize what an asset to the Vale he was. Although he played most of his games for Vale in a league lower, he was a goal scorer, his hold up play/leading the line was outstanding and for virtually every season bar the last one he played the vast majority of league games every season and was rarely out with ling term injuries. 

What would such a player cost Vale today.

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

It's only since Pope has left that fans should realize what an asset to the Vale he was. Although he played most of his games for Vale in a league lower, he was a goal scorer, his hold up play/leading the line was outstanding and for virtually every season bar the last one he played the vast majority of league games every season and was rarely out with ling term injuries. 

What would such a player cost Vale today.

Too much unless he was a Vale fan and happy to play for below market rate like Popey

19 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

after being thrown under the bus in the january transfer window. but lets not dwell on that eh might upset a few.

...and also wanting to take the Portsmouth job; but let's not let that come in to the equation, eh...

Archived