onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln (A) match thread 11th Nov

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

OK let's go through last 6 performances .

Peterboro h deserved better I felt that was a very good performance last 30 especially ,they were hanging on  but had defenders who don't let the ball travel across our box and that's why they will finish in top 6 .

Portsmouth a deserved be 3 up at half time performance was very good second half lost energy and lost game with dubious pen given but still going forwards should have had a goal and Devines curled a beauty.whats  well saved .

Stevenage 2 stonewall pens not given generally were well on top first 20 mins  88 per possession to there  12 per cent .

Cheltenham great finish from Alfie then played like a non league team.,dreadful awful and weak performance bar Barnsley worst performance of season at back once again suspect throughout 

Mansfield great away day great performance 

Lincoln im seeing energy I'm.seeing excellence I'm.thinkimg please let this be the day uche scores to get him going .

Great play for goal .

Then I see a second half display which I do not like at all ,I.seeing players not doing there jobs I seeing the Lincoln players having all the ball with no opposition from us and I'm seeing our goalkeeper booting it straight to there's when usually he is passing it 2 yards to our defenders .

All in all I'm.seeing a very poor second half performance bar great play then Devines put it on the m1 terrible finish he should be making goalie work minimum then Uche made the goalie make a save why ain't we following it in probably cause we holding hands in our half ,then Loft has somehow kicked tge ball against is other leg when should be at least making goalie work .

Peterborough's defence had a very comfortable night. I'm still amazed the Posh never scored more than 1 goal on the night

Portsmouth - James Plant should have put us 1-0 up with a chance that he create for himself but that was about that really for the 1st half

Stevenage - 1 stonewall penalty for Vale and 1 stonewall penalty for Stevenage. Other than that, yet again we created nothing. possession means bugger all. We were passing between the goalkeeper, the defence, midfield and back again. It skews the possession stats. I can play in centre defence and keep passing around the back and my stats would look ace

Cheltenham - I agree with you

Mansfield - I agree with you

Lincoln - we were the better of 2 poor teams in that first half and again we only created 2 clear cut chances throughout the whole of the game

Advert

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Smith is available again for tomorrow night according to Phil Sherwin

Let's hope he performs at his best he probably needs too as they all do .

Might nip up get unlimited edition top tomorrow as tickets for Middlesborough go on sale(hopefully it's 9a.m not 18.00 online ) got get 4 hope it's not online as need go get them in person as for 2 others with me and lads season tickets and be on me phone and I cannot be arsed with that .

UTV 

I think the key (as stated earlier) is that we just aren’t creating much. No matter who is up front it makes no difference.  Loft and Uche need a goal. We need balls into the box for them, we need runners off them, we need patterns of play. All the things that mean we are actually creating something for the forwards. Loft cannot create something off his own back, he isn’t that type of player. The squad still needs additions or tweaks to how we play to help us going forwards. 

13 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Our strongest side once everyone's fit is this. 

Ripley 

Lowe Debrah Icavetti 

Sang                         Grant 

Ojo Arblaster

Garrity 

Uche Wilson 

The rest good players on there day .

Case for Chizzy be in there too .

Other than that that team wins weekly .

The rest of squad bar Walters and Devine are much of a muchness .

But can perform well at times .

Not Smith??  lol

17 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Ok.

What about this stat. Would appreciate your comments on this:

League One:

Position: 17th

Played: 16

Goals for: 13

Goals Against: 24

Won 5 Drawn 4 Lost 7

Not won a league game since the 16th September

And people say that are not concerned

Started the season well, had one game where a win would have taken us top, been in a lull after the Burton game but playing well and creating chances, issues identified and being worked on, anticipate fortunes will change for the better soon.

Difficult game tomorrow night vs Burton.

International Breaks are a pain in the butt, disrupt the flow of the season but same for most teams.

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Started the season well, had one game where a win would have taken us top, been in a lull after the Burton game but playing well and creating chances, issues identified and being worked on, anticipate fortunes will change for the better soon.

Difficult game tomorrow night vs Burton.

International Breaks are a pain in the butt, disrupt the flow of the season but same for most teams.

Just a little reminder that we lost 7-0 at the start of the season.

We hardly create any chances. I have been saying that all season and then MBE posted something on Sunday backing all that up.

Even without the injuries, we were not creating that much.

13 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Not Smith??  lol

I know what's going to happen with a Smith performance. He's played more games by miles than others. He played in a promotion winning side. He has an approach that works at L2 / L1 bottom half level. 

So let's play, assuming fit

Lowe Debrah Icavett

We just don't know what level of performance they've got. 

I do know I'm bored out of my skull with us not knowing how to attack though. That's down to the manager. As a defender he thinks playing a forward pass is a risk. So if we have 5 at the back it'll not be risky if they pass it between them. 

10 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Just a little reminder that we lost 7-0 at the start of the season.

We hardly create any chances. I have been saying that all season and then MBE posted something on Sunday backing all that up.

Even without the injuries, we were not creating that much.

BJ, No vale fan needs reminding about the Barnsley game and subsequent matches have shown that game to be an outlier in terms of defensive performance.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the topic of chances created.

Archived