onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln (A) match thread 11th Nov

1 minute ago, Granville said:

We didn't have a right back or left back last season, in fact I don't think we've had a proper left back for years! 

True. Though I'd argue Benning was. He never was a wing back at Mansfield. He had CJ Hamilton in front of him on the wing . Vale converted him to wing back to suit our system. 

Advert

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

True. Though I'd argue Benning was. He never was a wing back at Mansfield. He had CJ Hamilton in front of him on the wing . Vale converted him to wing back to suit our system. 

Yes I'll give you that. I just always thought he was so poor defensively (even when we went up), that he was far better playing further forward as an out and out defender. Before that you're going down the route of converted centre backs (Crookes), or converted wingers (Monty).

As for right backs, Yates/Gibbo were our last ones of genuine quality 

2 minutes ago, Santa said:

Anything that touches the ball.

Which rules Loft out.

Brilliant 🤣

There has to be a reason why Thomas isn’t getting look in. Maybe he isn’t showing anything in training? Maybe he’ll go back in jan? The common thread on here and when you listen to P&G on the way home is people moaning about loft playing over Thomas, but it’s got to be something fans aren’t aware of that Crosby is.

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Brilliant 🤣

There has to be a reason why Thomas isn’t getting look in. Maybe he isn’t showing anything in training? Maybe he’ll go back in jan? The common thread on here and when you listen to P&G on the way home is people moaning about loft playing over Thomas, but it’s got to be something fans aren’t aware of that Crosby is.

Yeah the fact Loft is getting paid £3k a week and Thomas isn't. (Not from our bank anyway)

6 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Uche and Devine both had great opportunities, take one of those you win the game.

Even though Lincoln were probably the worst team I have seen so far this season with that first half performance. They still had a a couple of chances to score in which one they should of.

In the whole of the game, we only had 2 clear cut chances

Fair play for Funso hinting strongly at the issues we face on the pitch.
Maybe make him captain for the rest of the season.
If we play our 'game' for both halves we stand a good chance of winning these fine margin games we find ourselves in constantly.
If we sit back deep we all know exactly what is going to happen. After all it's only happened countless times over the last few seasons. It's not rocket science.
Endless tactical ineptitude is destroying us and the lads confidence. The frustration will boil over at some point as.
Big Andy is running out of time. It's the way we lose or drop the points that is the big issue and that is pretty much tactical errors over and over.
At least AC is allowing the boys to push on for 45 mins a game now, that's a step in the right direction I suppose.
They battered us second half yesterday and it was throughly depressing, stressful and grim to see.

Uche had 2 good chances score yesterday .

The loft one was a good one also at a critical moment that's twice in 2 games we have pulled ball back to him but too slow convert .

He needs sharpen up .

The thingp with Uche I feel he does a great Job but I think would work better in a 2 but then we got over run in midfield .

We have too somehow get our players scoring the goal yesterday was because Garrity wanted get in there in was a fine goal .

Sitting back ain't going score us goals though and they virtually let Lincoln have the ball at there back with no pressure on them second half when really a hungry side plays bravely and gets crunching challenges in when opposition have ball at there back .

Vale players second half for me lacked application and hunger .

They played like they didn't believe they could win .

I didn't get it I was shouting so much second half they really annoyed me it was a shocker .

Looking at last few games Crosby needs them maintain there first half displays (excellent generally)and then replace 5 players  at the break as they have shown 2 halfs is too much for them,as that's 2 games on the bounce our second half displays have killed the first halfs optimism .

UTV 

Archived