onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln (A) match thread 11th Nov

25 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Yes, it's funny how when we win its all attributed to luck but when we aren't winning it's because we are crap.

You make your own luck sometimes. But if you think we weren't fortunate to edge some of the game we won earlier in the season then that's on you. We've had injuries like most other teams but our slide down the table isn't just because we've been unlucky for crying out loud.

Advert

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

You make your own luck sometimes. But if you think we weren't fortunate to edge some of the game we won earlier in the season then that's on you. We've had injuries like most other teams but our slide down the table isn't just because we've been unlucky for crying out loud.

Some of our losses must have been unlucky then by that logic? 

2 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Yes, it's funny how when we win its all attributed to luck but when we aren't winning it's because we are crap.

This is how the perpetually negative mind works. Would be quite sad to live a life with that sort of brain. 

19 minutes ago, WV said:

Some of our losses must have been unlucky then by that logic? 

Of course. It's swings and roundabouts. But if we're unlucky right now nobody can say we haven't been on the other end of the spectrum earlier on in the season.

After watching Lincoln's defeat vs Morecambe in the cup, it gives confidence that Vale can go there and win as Vale are technically a better team than Morecambe.

Vale need to pick up at least 5 away wins between now and the end of the season and the rest will fall into place. Either way, Vale need to pick at least 6 points out of the next four matches otherwise it could be a long Xmas

8 hours ago, smithie said:

I'm intrigued to know where and when we had luck earlier in the season. Is that not being confused with Connor Ripley saving penalties and us scoring late winners?  

What is true is we won quite a few tight games early in the season; which could have gone either way. Recently we've lost a few tight games. The disappointing games were Cheltenham,  when we were poor and Burton,  when we played very well and gave away sloppy goals. 

I should have more empathy with Crosby's management difficulties caused by injuries and suspension. Nonetheless the team needs to go to Lincoln in a positive mode and seek to win. 

I've only been to Lincoln's ground once for a Vale game. I formed the view it has a tight feel to it and needs a high energy team as well as a good defensive one. 

Be effective not pretty?

22 hours ago, Hot Rat said:

Wrexham demonstrate how positivity amongst the club and even more importantly the supporters feed success. We were at the same point back in 2022 when we beat Swindon and then on the same roll of optimism beat much fancied Mansfield at Wembley - an achievement which DC at that time generously and correctly attributed to Andy Crosby during his tenure as manager. Despite this there are a noticeable number of supporters at Vale who didn't subscribe to Crosbys appointment, never will and actively seek affirmation that their opinion is the correct one. We are currently without a significant number of first team players who have the capacity to change games and this is fundamentally what is behind our current slump in form. What is needed is both optimism, positivity and even more importantly, unity amongst supporters behind the team as this is as both what Wrexham now and Vale in 2022 show is what feeds success. If you cannot cheer your team off the field after a poor performance, don't cheer, but definitely don't booh. And as for those morons who boo players coming on, get your coat. 

Wrexham fans can be positive because they have the backing of Deadpool and his mate’s millions. They are rebuilding the ground, with a mega new stand and will easily saunter to the championship in 5 years. 

Vale? 

A great past two years when fans were really positive until Christmas last year. We had what looked like a good league 1 squad and an owner who was doing the right things. 

Doubt has certainly crept in.  

I think after the euphoria of Wembley and expectations then our demise after Christmas we have really stuttered. The real dissapointing performances it the last few home games have been hard to take. As we have seen when all the team are at it we are as good as everyone in this league. Lincoln is going to be an other tough game, but there is one reason we can't do ok 

Wrexham fans can be positive because they have the backing of Deadpool and his mate’s millions. They are rebuilding the ground, with a mega new stand and will easily saunter to the championship in 5 years. 
Vale? 
A great past two years when fans were really positive until Christmas last year. We had what looked like a good league 1 squad and an owner who was doing the right things. 

Doubt has certainly crept in.  
Rome was not built in a day.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Its easy to compare to Wrexham but they've chucked Millions at it and whilst thats great as I am sure Fulham and Bournemouth fans will testify its not overly sustainable unless you have an owner that can afford to do that, the majority of clubs don't so we have to build sustainability.

Its not going to be easy, there are 23 clubs in our league aside from us trying to achieve the same goals and will be times when it isn't as good but we have to be on board with it to work longer term, put it this way if we wen't down this season I would be far more comfortable with the fact I would fancy us to bounce back fairly quickly than in previous ownership cycles.

21 hours ago, Valiiant said:

I've heard a fair bit of groaning at times, but I've yet to hear anyone crying out loud.  Constant negativity from posters on here does not help anyone.  Positivity needed, and a win tomorrow. 

Archived