onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

7 hours ago, gavcradd said:

Embarrassing by some Vale fans to be honest. Look at the prices for the other three quarter-finals, you'd be lucky to get in to any of then for double what Vale are charging. 

It will still sell out, I'm sure of it. And we'll make a decent wedge from it. Vale are a business, albeit a family-concious one, not a charity.

Just thinking of what a decent wedge might be. Assuming attendance of 12,000 @£25 gives gate receipts of £300k, our share of which @ 40% gives a wedge of £120k. Not as much as we would have pulled in from a premier club fixture but not to be sneezed at, especially as the club doesn't bank on any cup receipts when fixing its budget.

Think these assumptions are correct - but the bigger attendance the better!

Advert

Just now, Seamus O'Wye said:

I suspect that some of the people who won't be attending this game 'because of the price' are choosing not to attend because Middlesboro are not much of an attraction. I'm sure that if we had drawn Man U or Liverpool, the money would be flying out of their pockets, their attendance would be guaranteed and there would be umpteen complaints from others about not being able to get a ticket!                                                                                                                                  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it... feel free to disagree if you wish to, but I definitely won't be getting into a discussion/argument about it !!

The League Cup is not usually a budget factor after August never mind at Xmas. Problem of success, especially if we are still in 3 cups on Xmas day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just thinking of what a decent wedge might be. Assuming attendance of 12,000 @£25 gives gate receipts of £300k, our share of which @ 40% gives a wedge of £120k. Not as much as we would have pulled in from a premier club fixture but not to be sneezed at, especially as the club doesn't bank on any cup receipts when fixing its budget.

Think these assumptions are correct - but the bigger attendance the better!

Not every ticket sold will be £25.  Average would probably be £20.  The clubs get 45% but that is after the deduction of all costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's going go on and on and on but the prices are set .

You have 2 choices for Vales biggest home game in there history .

1 you go you bite the bullet and find the money you have 43 days cut down on something so you can go a game majority of folk will go as they understand the importance of support for the Vale 

2 you decide no I'm not going and stay away .

Its fine we have  all missed games we badly wanted go .

You do not need justify it if buying kids a xbox is more important crack on there addiction to it will drive you mad after a few years of constantly gaming .

All about choices I paid for a randomer go Wembley ,did it bother me no I wanted someone to enjoy a game they wouldn't  being able go otherwise .

Kindness is a wonderful thing let that spread get them buckets out next home game and spread the money out to the families who's kids wouldn't be able afford go but with kindness from folk who can afford go will be able to see Port Vale in a major cup quarter final 

UTV 

A bit off topic , but I find it baffling as to why a 63 year old who is still working and possibly getting a private pension is charged the same price as a schoolboy with no income . Also in my own case I was working at the age of 67 drawing my state pension , and a private pension also . I have no mortgage and no kids to support , unlike my son , who has both . We should be looking to keeping  our young fans for the long term , keeping prices as low as possible , and balancing the books by increasing the older concession age from 62 to 67 .    

• Like 1

If I go for a drink at my local on Friday or Saturday I will spend somewhere between £15-25. That includes buying drinks for a less well off friend. 

But at my age, with a lifetime of work behind me and retired, this sort of spending is a trivial amount of money. But it big time wasn't trivial to spend money on this sort of thing 45 years ago in my student days or 35 years ago when in debt with a mortgage etc. 

So I get everyone's perspective on this. 

Edited by Warren

39 minutes ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

A bit off topic , but I find it baffling as to why a 63 year old who is still working and possibly getting a private pension is charged the same price as a schoolboy with no income . Also in my own case I was working at the age of 67 drawing my state pension , and a private pension also . I have no mortgage and no kids to support , unlike my son , who has both . We should be looking to keeping  our young fans for the long term , keeping prices as low as possible , and balancing the books by increasing the older concession age from 62 to 67 .    

We do keep prices low - season tickets are a gift for what we charge. It could be argued that with those being so cheap this game is a rare chance for the club to ask a realistic price for a quarter final game. 

As many have pointed out, we could hardly be given any more notice (6 weeks!) so people have lots of time to save up.

36 minutes ago, smithie said:

We do keep prices low - season tickets are a gift for what we charge. It could be argued that with those being so cheap this game is a rare chance for the club to ask a realistic price for a quarter final game. 

As many have pointed out, we could hardly be given any more notice (6 weeks!) so people have lots of time to save up.

I was talking in the broader sense , an idea for the future , not just this game .  

4 hours ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

I suspect that some of the people who won't be attending this game 'because of the price' are choosing not to attend because Middlesboro are not much of an attraction. I'm sure that if we had drawn Man U or Liverpool, the money would be flying out of their pockets, their attendance would be guaranteed and there would be umpteen complaints from others about not being able to get a ticket!                                                                                                                                  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it... feel free to disagree if you wish to, but I definitely won't be getting into a discussion/argument about it !!

You might well be right in your opinion Seamus, apart from the fact that Man U didn't make the last 8!!! 😃