onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EFL Cup QF draw thread

robf

The way this competition draw is going, after we've (fingers crossed) just squeaked a win against Middlesborough, the gods have already decreed that our 'warm-up' for the final will be a two-legged affair with either Everton or Fulham...

Then either Newcastle or Liverpool at Wembley...😁😃

Advert

I mean, if you're not going to get one of the big boys then home against the next lowest team is alright consolation. We're one massive banana-skin for Middlesborough, lets get in a good run of form and have them!

Really?? We weren’t even a banana skin for Cheltenham last week. Their form has gone through the roof in the last few weeks, basically the opposite to ours. That said, didn’t Uche get released by them?? Maybe he destined to score the winner??!!!!

21 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Any home tie would be a 12k sellout.

This 12k sell out gives us a great chance to get to a two legged semi. !

Pack the park. One of the biggest games in 147 years..

Bring it on !!

12k? Is that because of the Paddock toilets thing? They've said if we're close to selling out they will make arrangements to accomodate for that and restore the Paddock capacity. Well some of it, it'll still be restricted by the original restrictions, the reasons why for are treated as top secret by the club.

After the LS was finished the actual capacity was 20,552; Give or take a few now the family stand is closed for the screen. I believe the sellable capacity is now restricted to a bit over 15,000 odd ignoring the paddock toilets issue.

23 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

The best possible draw. We can beat Middlesborough at home and it is actually a real cup tie. Do you really think watching us play Liverpool at home would be a great occasion? They would roll out their B team and get a nice 2/3-0 win, while their fans smash up the bogs and steal the loo roll. 

A big two legged semi final occasion sounds far more appealing too and the only draw that makes it a possibility. 

The more that I think about it, the more that I agree.

It’s disappointing from the club’s perspective as I’d presume this won’t be on Sky, but for Crosby and the players this is a game they can get a result in, compared with a game at Anfield or Stamford Bridge.

Not saying that we’ll beat Boro but going in as underdogs didn’t work out too badly for us last night.

1 minute ago, Blaster The Master said:

The more that I think about it, the more that I agree with this (apart from the fans smashing up the bogs).

It’s disappointing from the club’s perspective as I’d presume this won’t be on Sky, but for Crosby and the players this is a game they can get a result in, compared with a game at Anfield or Stamford Bridge.

Not saying that we’ll beat Boro but going in as underdogs didn’t work out too badly for us last night.

L2 Bradford scored 4 goals at Stamford bridge not too long ago tbf.

Now the initial anti-climatic reaction has gone I say we embrace this for what it is. Most of us will have never seen the Vale in major QF before so let’s give it our best shot. We are obviously underdogs but get as many as possible there that night and with a semifinal spot on the cards make it as memorable a night as possible.

14 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Must surely be a TV game?

No chance will it be a TV game, the 2 will be Liverpool v West Ham and Chelsea v Newcastle, it's not right but what Sky do, if we were at home to anyone other than Middlesbrough or Fulham, we would have been on 100%.

Initial reaction was disappointment but after thinking about it, if we were going to get a home draw, this is the best one to have, a realistic chance of winning, a sell-out surely for our first ever time in the 1/4 finals.  Really looking forward to this game now, hopefully that performance last night will kick start the league campaign.

Mixed emotions.

Initially it was a 1-3 chance at home to Liverpool or West Ham and a guaranteed TV payout.

I think it's possible we will sell out Vale Park still but no TV cash. But the TV cash would not be enough to buy a decent striker.

So let's go for the glory. It could be a close game and a chance, small I suspect, of being in the semi finals of the league Cup. That would be the second most important game ever in our history!!

Crap draw, let’s be honest. If you get to the quarter finals then you are expecting and wanting to draw a big Premier League club (no disrespect to Middlesbrough). 

Also, we’re not going to be on TV and I’m not confident that we’ll even sell out. 

We’re not going to win the cup so much rather a massive pay day or day out. Getting to the quarter finals is a massive achievement, however losing to Middlesbrough isn’t very memorable.

Archived