onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EFL Cup QF draw thread

robf

In some ways this is a disappointing draw. But take the positive in that we have a chance and can win on a good night. 

But we have a big problem to overcome. That is to regain confidence in playing at Vale Park. We need to start Saturday v Burton. 

Advert

Just having a look on their forum and they seem like proper footy fans. They obviously want to (and think they will win) but a couple saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if they lost, because then at least a team like Vale would be in the semis. 

Just done the same myself and yes they believe they have the best draw possible and confident of beating us.

But yes they are proper fans and I would be very surprised if they don't sell out their allocation.

Which just leaves us to sellout. The fact that it is the quarter finals will I would hope see us selling 10,000 home fans.

8 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Some of these sides in the QF are way too strong for us. Middlesbrough is bridgeable if not romantic. I spent some time in Middlesbrough doing my masters at Teeside University. Would have preferred an away draw to go get some more memorabilia. 

12 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Just done the same myself and yes they believe they have the best draw possible and confident of beating us.

But yes they are proper fans and I would be very surprised if they don't sell out their allocation.

Which just leaves us to sellout. The fact that it is the quarter finals will I would hope see us selling 10,000 home fans.

Do you think we should do the unthinkable. There are two. Play in Middlesbrough. Play at Stoke's ground. All about the cash register?

24 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Bernie is happy with it at least. Actually be a good touch if the club were to invite say him, Paul Kerr and Dean Glover to this one given they represented both clubs well.

Wow, that’s brought back memories. Remember exchanging scarves with Boro’ fans at our first Wembley appearance - they were their to worship their cult hero Bernie.

3 hours ago, valefan79 said:

No chance will it be a TV game, the 2 will be Liverpool v West Ham and Chelsea v Newcastle, it's not right but what Sky do, if we were at home to anyone other than Middlesbrough or Fulham, we would have been on 100%.

All the quarter final were on the telly one year 

We will be on the telly for sure. 

Get that deserved money rolling in .

Uche will be fully match fit then and the goals will start to flow for all team 

I like it Middlesborough at home .

This cup run has the feel of something special i cannot wait welcome Carrick and his side to the mother town .

Vale to dosomethung special  

Semis here we come 

4 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Just having a look on their forum and they seem like proper footy fans. They obviously want to (and think they will win) but a couple saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if they lost, because then at least a team like Vale would be in the semis. 

Yes I went on last night. They seem chuffed that one of us EFL teams will make the semi's !  Attendance 12049. 🤣

Also a nice reward for big Connor Ripley who can have his dad and family watch him against his boyhood club.

Lots of comments on other platforms saying the draw is fixed to help the big boys, if that's the case whoever is in charge needs to get a new job as I can guarantee the EFL will not want a Fulham v Port Vale wembley showpiece !

Off to work to wind up the Stokies.

Happy days...

Archived