onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

I'm generally not one for kneejerk reactions but I too am flabbergasted we've not signed a striker🤯. I can't quite get my head around it, I hate the word but unbelieveably poor on so many levels.  Epic fail as the kids say these days!

I honestly don't care if we were unlucky either(we had 31 days!!!), there's no sympathy in football or favours if we go down it will be well and truly deserved.

Does anyone have a link to a list of free agents so I can at least try to cheer myself up over a cup of tea?🤪

• Like 4

Advert

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Have you not watched us this season? We sit 20th in the division. We are playing Massey at RWB and Grant who has been hopeless at LWB. We have a weak midfield, full of kids until Ojo returns and literally nothing up top, until Garrity returns. Wilson has 4 league goals this season, loft 0 league goals and dipepa has never scored. Our attack is weaker than when we got promoted to this division. 

And we sign a winger when we don’t play with wingers….

Squad is miles off at the moment imo. Team of kids, everyone else has strengthened baring probably Reading for obvious reasons and we have gone a long way backwards. 

Let's just see what happens

• Like 3

Just now, osprey said:

Absolutely odds on that Wilson gets injured on Saturday 😬

You know this is going to happen now.  First 5 minutes of the warm up session, trips over the cone and twists his ankle.  Out for 8 weeks.  😭

18 minutes ago, andy jones said:

This all reminds me of when we got relegated from this league under V2001.

It was as clear as day then that we were just one striker short of staying up.

Was it away at Fleetwood in last match where we dominated the game and did everything but score. We went down in the last relegation spot.

I stand to be corrected if my memory fails me.

Right apart from that was under Smurthwaite.  The V2001 relegation was 2008/09ish? Foyle had a terrible last summer recruitment wise and Sinnott and Glover ablely finished the job! I think we were down with 2 games to go in that one despite a late rally at one point.  Didn't we win a couple at home and beat Brighton away 3-2? but it had been coming for months!

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

You can take mighten out of that kids category mate he's more experienced at a higher level than league 1 than anyone in the squad i think barring lowe? 

Weir isn't a kid either he is 22 with experience playing in 2 other league one sides.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, robf said:

To me what's baffling is why we didn't add a loan striker. 

We've had an increased emphasis on loan talent this season and we have heralded the fact we are apparently highly regarded and trusted by bigger clubs. 

However, we finished the window with four loanees when we can play five in a game. I'm sure loanees from top-flight clubs are pretty much subsidised in terms of wages, so even if we were on a tight budget surely we could have brought a youngster in on loan?

Yes, people would still have no doubt complained that we needed experience (and would have a good point) but a youngster on loan would have been better than where we are now which is praying that James Wilson doesn't break down. 

All the loan strikers had no previous injuries, so the process discounted them from the search.  They also knew where the goal was and had a good goal scoring ratio.  Again discounted from the search.  🤣

As Baldrick said - I have a cunning plan.

Edited by PVFC764
  • Haha 2

If Wilson somehow manages to stay fit for the last 20 games(or at least 60-75 mins of them) that will be nearing on 30 games consecutive he's managed(he's been back now 7 or 8 easily hasn't he?).  Virtually unheard of! 

But that's what we are asking to happen, coupled with Lofty lad to somehow resemble a competent football league striker.  If Dipepa produces anything major(goals, assists) that would be a massive bonus as he's finding his way as a young lad!

• Like 1

I like the look of the 4 incomers. Arguably all better at the start of their Vale careers than if compared with the starting point of those they've replaced.

Slotting in will be much harder, as the team they are joining is much weaker than the team that started the season.

Consequently, I fear that they may struggle.

Like most, I'm concerned about the striker and lwb situation.

I think all the outgoings are good moves on a variety of ways.

Overall, I'm falling into the camp of a little too much attention on the future, and a need to focus more on now on the pitch.

I just hope that we survive, but have no great expectations.

• Like 1

Well, that was an interesting window.

Disappointed again at the lack of a striker, I understand sometimes the timings of announcements is out of the club's control  but they know fans have been screaming for a striker for what feels like about 18 years, they should have at least ended the window with an announcement that a player is coming in rather than a player going out, but even Vale's admin had to check the McDermott transfer 5 times before sending it out on the socials.

As my Povey order came the other day.  It's oatcakes, bacon and cheese tomorrow and sunday.  Something to look forward to and on sunday to pick myself up from the loss or celebrate the win.  Either way will be good as its oatcakes being troughed.
Today is egg banjo day. as I don't do fish friday.  Those in the know - know egg banjo and fish friday.  
All about Sandwich Saturday mukka. The world is your oyster probably swerve oysters in a sarnie tbf tho