onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

Wouldn't be a Friday morning without Vale fans offering to fight each other! emoji1787.png

No beef here. Just bored of anyone with a different opinion to the happy clappers, being a Stoke fan. Or “go support someone else”.

Lets see in May.

Reading PVO earlier, with several posters basically saying they feel sorry for Rob on this site and how they don't bother coming on here anymore because of posters constantly kicking off on one another and thus taking threads off topic.

I can see what they mean!!!! 

Edited by butt lane vale fan
  • Like 8

Did anyone figure out who the guy pictured was? Was it the chap who joined Rotherham? Was it one of our own players working late? Was it the bloke who delivers the big water bottles for the coaches room? Please solve the mystery. Thank you :0)

• Haha 1

Another transfer window that looks to be up there as a disaster waiting to happen and here comes Div 2 football for the next 6-8 years while they rebuild.  Like others have said - give it till midday to see if we got a striker of some sort over the line last night.

But not holding my breath on that one.  Loose tomorrow and can see the fans venting their anger at the Board and Owners. 

Has Flickers and Co hoodwinked Carol and keep stealing wages at her expense.  She is very good at her proper job - a true Vale fan (been proved by buying the club and what she has done) - but you wonder if Flickers has said it will be okay and she has been taken in even though the fan in the stands side of her feels we are in trouble due to the lack of fire power up front, like the rest of the family doing stuff at Vale Park.  

3 minutes ago, bennymole said:

Did anyone figure out who the guy pictured was? Was it the chap who joined Rotherham? Was it one of our own players working late? Was it the bloke who delivers the big water bottles for the coaches room? Please solve the mystery. Thank you :0)

Obviously they were working late trying get players in let’s hope they managed it to make the keyboard warriors look stupid 

43 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I wouldn’t say it’s as a bad a window as that one when we literally sold the Crown Jewels, but I’m really struggling to believe that we haven’t signed a LWB, or striker and moved Loft on, as it just hasn’t worked for him here. 

I think, unnecessarily, we can look forward to another similar end to last season. 

Is it me, or does anyone else get the feeling we are ‘playing for time’ until something happens i.e. a really big move for one of the youngsters, a ‘Robbie’ takeover or some other capital injection into the club.

It feels again to be a case of our aspirations being nothing more than getting the right side of the red line come May and ‘going again’ rather than trying to establish ourselves as a solid mid table side which we can then try & build on. Maybe this is all we can afford to do??

The striker I 100% agree on. I think Shorrock has made signing a LWB more difficult.  He's looking better each game. Currently he's better than Small ever was for us; who was regarded as the next big thing by many Premiership watchers. He's also better than McCarron who Leeds paid 250k for. Unlike many I did think McCarron had some potential but he was further away than Shorrock to being a decent league 1 wingback.  The issue is whoever we brought in had to be better than Jack and I suspect a lot of PL 2 players aren’t.  That may have been the reason we didn't go back to Denver Hume. 

Not sure we need a RWB, Massey is playing his best football since joining. Sang improved in that position,  Clark must be getting back to fitness and personally I think it will end up being Plant's best position.  Lomax has also done OK when he's played there. Towards the end of the window I was starting to think cover for Ojo might be more beneficial.  If we could have got a wingback better than Grant (who has been a little disappointing compared to what I'd hoped) then it would have been good news. Otherwise someone who could add what Ojo does started to look more appealing.  Maybe Walters will step up if required.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Another transfer window that looks to be up there as a disaster waiting to happen and here comes Div 2 football for the next 6-8 years while they rebuild.  Like others have said - give it till midday to see if we got a striker of some sort over the line last night.

But not holding my breath on that one.  Loose tomorrow and can see the fans venting their anger at the Board and Owners. 

Has Flickers and Co hoodwinked Carol and keep stealing wages at her expense.  She is very good at her proper job - a true Vale fan (been proved by buying the club and what she has done) - but you wonder if Flickers has said it will be okay and she has been taken in even though the fan in the stands side of her feels we are in trouble due to the lack of fire power up front, like the rest of the family doing stuff at Vale Park.  

The two signed yesterday look good signings, I'm reasonably confident both will improve the team from a week ago and would have improved the team prior to the loans leaving. Uche is a loss, although that isn't the fault of the recruitment team. The real loss has been Devine and Arblaster.  Devine was patchy when he played as a 10, so I don't think we are any worse with Weir or Mighton playing there. Devine and Arblaster we both very good in that sitting role. Against Portsmouth Gore and Weir together looked a bit lost. I thought Weir looked better when Sang replaced Gore. Really the determinant of whether it's been a good window or not will be if Gore can perform for most of his loan at the level of the two we lost. I think all of us are hoping something will be announced on the striker front. 

Thomas, Bulmer, McDermott,  Cass and Conlon hasn't made the first 11 weaker.  With the current injuries I'd have kept Conlon but the manager was selecting Walters ahead of him. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, JRC said:

The two signed yesterday look good signings, I'm reasonably confident both will improve the team from a week ago and would have improved the team prior to the loans leaving. Uche is a loss, although that isn't the fault of the recruitment team. The real loss has been Devine and Arblaster.  Devine was patchy when he played as a 10, so I don't think we are any worse with Weir or Mighton playing there. Devine and Arblaster we both very good in that sitting role. Against Portsmouth Gore and Weir together looked a bit lost. I thought Weir looked better when Sang replaced Gore. Really the determinant of whether it's been a good window or not will be if Gore can perform for most of his loan at the level of the two we lost. I think all of us are hoping something will be announced on the striker front. 

Thomas, Bulmer, McDermott,  Cass and Conlon hasn't made the first 11 weaker.  With the current injuries I'd have kept Conlon but the manager was selecting Walters ahead of him. 

good points 👍🏻 have we signed a striker yet? 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Five Generations Vale said:

Fascinating observing the roller coaster emotions, positive/negative posts and counter posts whilst I sit here in Singapore waiting on a flight. Early morning here so no tiredness from me so will keep watching and hoping for good news.

loan v permanent I am not sure matters unless a perm is a good transfer earner later given the high churn of players in modern football (re some posts on call for perms). Ok maybe some loyalty and passion eg from the likes of Smith and continuity between seasons eg Ripley for next season. But I saw passion and commitment from Blaster so what the management team call the right characters for Vale is important.

Also remember every player with very few exceptions has a better player in their position out there and even Man City fans crave new better players.

We have a finite budget as well articulated by many and a sensible excellent owner we should be thankful for so please all get behind our beloved Vale.

I think we all agree some more goalscoring capability would be welcomed as that is a clear weakness not least in depth should any further injuries occur.

Anyway at the cheapest £10-£12 a pint I have found so far in Singapore I might as well chip in for a striker myself rather than go on a bender as it probably costs the same!

Enjoy the rest of the window.

#UTV

FGV, Singapore is a fantastic place £10-£12 a pint. You should have gotten yourself to Raffles all the monkey nuts you can eat and just throw the shells on the floor. A Singapore sling roughly about half a pint £28. Hope you enjoyed your visit and had a good flight home