onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

52 minutes ago, southport vale said:

Going the finances situation how many loan players do we have ?. 4 probably and how much are we paying them ? Very small proportion I'd imagine possibly, I don't know, more if we don't play them. After all that's why they are here.
Also small amounts for the youth teamers we are playing. So injured or not surely we can't be using all our budget on the remaining pros, not by what they've shown anyway.
Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for C&K but with the crowds we've had something doesn't seem right.
I maybe wrong cause I'm not privy to anything at the club but I'm sure in the past we coped with budgets and had better players. Are the backroom team taking 2 much out of the club ? The medical team is supposed to be top notch but injuries are taking awhile to recover.
Have I got it totally wrong?

Yep the backroom team needs scaling back considerably, I agree with you the club does seem to be heading in to the abyss at the moment  there doesn't  seems to be much urgency to rectify our current situation apathy seems to have set in like you say something at the club just doesn't seem to feel right at the moment 

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, robf said:

Yep, it seems to be a pattern in recent windows. Didn't the last two last-minute deals bring us Ryan Loft and Matty Taylor... it looks like we don't have much choice other than to hope one works out this time...

Carol is probably taking a calculated gamble #  but it could backfire like last season. , let's see what happens 

Edited by Nippy Naylor

Nippy how do you know 'the backroom staff needs scaling back considerably'? Or is it just your opinion?

Similarly perhaps the 'rush into the abyss' that worries you is down to the fact the only way we can head up the league is by gaining points and that requires positive results in matches. We have only played two matches this month. One a high scoring draw and the other a very narrow defeat against the league leaders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In reference to  Vale players being injury prone, when you look at the perm players in the squad only Wilson and Grant have a bad history for injuries before joining the Vale.

From what was said in previous interviews the different injuries are reviewed and action taken, however players have had a variety of injuries this season e.g. Calves, Shoulders, hamstrings, back, stomach and most have occured during games not training, which I guess is harder to control.

• Like 3

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH im flipping fed up of returning to this flaming thread every 10 minutes to check if we have signed someone - thats it..................im going swing me golf clubs in the freezing mancave AKA the garage AKA the D1ckhead shed (copyright Mrs Hoppers 2024) 🙄🙄🙄

Not checking back until after the flood has finished at 10pm 👍👍👍👍😍😍😍😍

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, mbycars said:

As a fully paid up member of the happy clappers club, i feel it's my duty to educate the poor doom mongers who must be on the verge of running off and joining a circus.😁

It's a tough gig, though! There's a lot of thick out there!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Good job Flitcroft has gone full time. Imagine what a mess we would be in if the DoF was only part time.

You certainly would think that he’d come up with a better plan than what has materialized so far in Jan. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Or being a realist.  We all thought it tho.  No incoming players and we will loose on saturday.

But football is a funny thing and we may even win.  😉

I don't think we'll ever loose a game of football?

• Haha 4