onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Just off topic for a bit... has anyone else noticed the number of uninformed Man Utd "fans" who are suddenly upset that Dan Gore may be going to Port Vale. I did a Twitter search for "Port Vale" and the latest posts are just chocka of uninformed nonsense from fans who think their teenaged talent (with one minute of League action to his name) is far too good for the likes of Port Vale. 
[/url] I presume that's because they haven't heard of us because we're not on Sky Sports every week and that they've got no clue that though Dan Gore may be "far better than Port Vale" we've now got a proven record of looking after young loan players and that we can give him plenty of first-team starts, something a kid with one minute of senior football may not get in the Championship or Premier League.
Thank goodness, I'm not a supporter of a "big" club, I don't think I could take that amount of rubbish, spouted by uninformed idiots. 
And if you ever get fed up about a topic on OVF, it's well worth a brief trip onto Twitter - the amount of garbage on there may rapidly restore your faith in the quality of debate on here!
Rant over...

Blows my mind how many vale fans think these lads signing on loan are guaranteed to be amazing league one players, and how many parent team fans think they are too good for us.

We saw it when Williams signed. How anyone on either side of the fence can get any sense of what level these lads are at is beyond me considering they've barely kicked professional ball.

Unless you watch the PL2 regularly, how can anyone know how Gore is going to fair? Mipo was a worldbeater at that level and absolutely cack in real life, same with Donnelly, Balmer... The list goes on.

10 games into his vale career is the only time you can really see where any of them are at.
  • Like 6

Advert

38 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

I was the exact same with those 2 accounts 🤣 

Please see this thread. It's a glitch after work on adding a cache to increase site speed. No actual a/c information is being shared - 

• Like 1

Fleetwood reportedly looking offload Jack Marriott. Would be an excellent signing for us if in my opinion if we could negotiate wages.

Perhaps Fleetwood could pay his remaining contract would help us😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Watch. Watch football and see for yourself!

Strangely Tony I regularly watch football. In addition to Vale (ST holder) Leek Town (ST holder), Kidsgrove Athletic, Hanley Town and even Abbey Hulton United I do.

All the above enable me to watch a football match without VAR taking the piss out of the spectators who have turned up to watch a football match.

Only at the Vale do I see the player taking the kick off passing it directly back to the goal keeper.

I have no desire to see other aspects of modern football such as deliberate outright cheating by players to 'win' penalties, get opponents sent off by simulating / exaggerating injury. Etc etc

The fact that a player can commit over 200 betting offences and managing to be back playing the game within 8 months instead of being banned 'sine die' from professional football within the jurisdiction of the FA is an indictment of how low the professional game has sunk.

Modern day football is, in many cases, corrupt and a total embarrassment in educating children. It is the antithesis of the definition of what sport used to stand for.

So my friend I do watch football, but at a level where the match is a sporting occasion to entertain and excite by scoring more goals than the opposition. Back passing to the keeper from the kick off followed by passing across the back line, followed by passing back to the keeper again, does nor meet any of the above criteria of a football match. IMHO.

Tell me, Tony, do you actually watch football or just a sad parody of ... the once beautiful game?

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, newchapel valiant said:

Is that really you Rob

No-one would want to break into my account, believe me!

Unless you're really keen to deal with stopping spammers trying to access the forum and other boring background tasks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MBE said:

Fleetwood reportedly looking offload Jack Marriott. Would be an excellent signing for us if in my opinion if we could negotiate wages.

Perhaps Fleetwood could pay his remaining contract would help us😀

Reportedly one of the highest paid players in League One........ so chances are zero on that one

5 hours ago, Vtid said:

Longest loan signing ever this! Get it over the line Vale.... Let's hear the roar for Gore 🦁 

I know it's not what you meant .... but who was the loan signing who stayed longest. The only season long loan who did a full season I can remember is Butterworth. I think Plymouth had a few players who did back 2 back season loans. The only player I can think of is Remi Street but I think there was a gap.

• Like 1