onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

9 hours ago, JRC said:

It looks likely Cass and Conlon are going. Arblaster has gone. Hopefully we'll have a positive start to this window. LWB and central midfield are the 2 most pressing areas, with Ojo also out. 

Outside that a centreforward would be nice, although I suspect hard to secure. They need to decide what Sang is. He's never totally convinced as either a RWB or midfield player.  If they see him primarily as a midfield player then a RWB, unless Clark is likely to be back sooner than expected.  Cass doesn't need replacing as we have plenty of centrehalves. Provided Devine stays I think he plays better in centre midfield,  so I'd look for another 10. Two out, maybe 3 or 4 in would be my guess. 

Agree with this and now I think l we can see where we need to strengthen. Wingback / fullback who can give us more options to change things during a game, 1 centre mid (poss 2) and someone creative like Airblaster. Be interesting to see what happens with Devine and Balmer too.

Edited by PV1973

Advert

13 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

….I’ll also add that our January recruitment must include more of the current squad….also someone needs to start the fund for the Ben Garrity statue…..

More importantly we need to fend off any interest in him which will surely come in January,clubs cry our for midfielders who can score.

Also are Lomax and Dipepa 17? if so i would be trying to get them on deals asap

With Wilson signing will that mean we now wont target an experienced striker(poacher)? I do think Thomas will go back which is a shame as i think he has something like 3 goals in 6 games but we will probably replace him with another young striker

I love the transfer windows as the rumours will now start coming in,is Gibbons still fit at Bristol Rovers,is he even playing games,could that still be on? wouldn't mind seeing a fit Gibbo and Clarke as the wing backs with the young lads as back up

Perhaps a nice time to bring up my spreadsheet again

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pgJIbYqtRCoAzMq40Tb7sm9yuKPqBeNIEhM9diFEp6Y/edit#gid=1580827280

For what its worth, with the emergence of Shorrock I think we still need a wingback - ideally one that can play on both sides. If Balmer were to go back it would be good to get another left-sided centre back in and with Arblaster and probably Conlon going we need another centre-mid - probably an attacking one as Devine seems better in a deeper role (presuming he isn't being recalled). I don't think we need to replace Cass right now if he goes and I'd expect Thomas to be recalled so we will need a new striker. Would like to see someone with pace who can change a game.

4 incoming - Wingback, Left footed centre back, Attacking Midfielder and Striker

4 outgoing - Cass, Conlon, Arblaster, Thomas

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

With Wilson signing will that mean we now wont target an experienced striker(poacher)? I do think Thomas will go back which is a shame as i think he has something like 3 goals in 6 games but we will probably replace him with another young striker

I love the transfer windows as the rumours will now start coming in,is Gibbons still fit at Bristol Rovers,is he even playing games,could that still be on? wouldn't mind seeing a fit Gibbo and Clarke as the wing backs with the young lads as back up

To be honest this is just my opinion but if Swansea were ok with it I’d like to keep Thomas for the full season. If we are going to play with two up top his pace could be a really nice string to our bow.

I’m hopeful we can hang on to Alfie Devine too for the season. You’d think Tottenham will be pleased we’ve given him the time on the pitch and he’s trending upwards. Guess the only complication could be the AFCON is on in January so maybe if they are hit by call ups that could have a potential knock on effect?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Emile said:

Perhaps a nice time to bring up my spreadsheet again

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pgJIbYqtRCoAzMq40Tb7sm9yuKPqBeNIEhM9diFEp6Y/edit#gid=1580827280

For what its worth, with the emergence of Shorrock I think we still need a wingback - ideally one that can play on both sides. If Balmer were to go back it would be good to get another left-sided centre back in and with Arblaster and probably Conlon going we need another centre-mid - probably an attacking one as Devine seems better in a deeper role (presuming he isn't being recalled). I don't think we need to replace Cass right now if he goes and I'd expect Thomas to be recalled so we will need a new striker. Would like to see someone with pace who can change a game.

4 incoming - Wingback, Left footed centre back, Attacking Midfielder and Striker

4 outgoing - Cass, Conlon, Arblaster, Thomas

Personally I think more than 4 could leave

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, timvalefan said:

I think we could afford to lose, Balmer, Cass, Jones, Thomas. As none of them are good enough or play any amount of games.

Issue with Jones is remarkably he has 18 months left on his contract. 

Highly unlikely to have any suitors as he's continually injured. Always found the comments about Wilson funny as Jones goes under the radar. 

Made of glass. Legs of straw etc etc. Yet Wilson has played a lot more games than Jones. 

A truly astonishing decision to dish a 2 year deal. Couldn't grab the pen quickly enough. 

• Like 1

The future of our club is in the young lads and the academy! It’s already brought in some decent money and we have some exciting young prospects who I hope will be in a Vale shirt for  a while. This is the only way a club like ours can thrive ,I just hope we can hold on to some of these lads for a few years.

• Like 5

I think there's a very fair argument that part of the success criteria for the second half of the season is how many minutes we can safely give to Plant, McDermott, Lomax, Shorrock, Walters, Dipepa, Brazier, Cousins, and Buah.

I'm a lot more comfortable with inconsistency and losses when its the above involved than I am with Gavin Massey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Issue with Jones is remarkably he has 18 months left on his contract. 

Highly unlikely to have any suitors as he's continually injured. Always found the comments about Wilson funny as Jones goes under the radar. 

Made of glass. Legs of straw etc etc. Yet Wilson has played a lot more games than Jones. 

A truly astonishing decision to dish a 2 year deal. Couldn't grab the pen quickly enough. 

I’d imagine in doing so, he probably sprained his wrist.

• Haha 2