onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

Advert

On 21/10/2023 at 14:34, wotsyobeef said:

I'm sure Tom played a few games out of necessity for Askey (or maybe Aspin) where he was the left side of the front 3/midfield and it worked reasonably well with him tucking in towards the middle of the pitch and Monty overlapping.

He almost always played on the left of a midfield 3 under Askey. Can't remember him playing as part of a front 3, although it may have happened in odd games. I don't thinks he's any less physically capable than Grant of adapting to that role. Grant followed a broadly similar career path to Tom, central midfield to a 10. We desperately need a left footed player to get balls in from that side. I think it's worth trying in Trophy games at least. 

1 hour ago, JRC said:

Mike Baggaley quoted a new article from Alan Nixon in The Valiant. It says he has either signed, or is about to sign. Maybe more news on that front tomorrow. 

Pay a subscription for Mike's newsletter for him to quote from other subscriptions despite him being our man on the ground at the club with insight on things Vale.... you couldn't make it up. 

1 hour ago, JRC said:

He almost always played on the left of a midfield 3 under Askey. Can't remember him playing as part of a front 3, although it may have happened in odd games. I don't thinks he's any less physically capable than Grant of adapting to that role. Grant followed a broadly similar career path to Tom, central midfield to a 10. We desperately need a left footed player to get balls in from that side. I think it's worth trying in Trophy games at least. 

The team looked very unbalanced down the left hand side yesterday. I agree I think he's worth taking a look to see if he can plug a gap until January with a view to moving him on and us bringing in another LWB.

For the sake of TC's career he needs a move as soon as possible. You can't be captain and then just a fill in squad player with the money he will be on.

Pay a subscription for Mike's newsletter for him to quote from other subscriptions despite him being our man on the ground at the club with insight on things Vale.... you couldn't make it up. 
Until the club announces a signing someone makes it up. I pay for Mike's writing, other people's bits come free.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

47 minutes ago, MBE said:

For the sake of TC's career he needs a move as soon as possible. You can't be captain and then just a fill in squad player with the money he will be on.

Before we write him off, could we possibly wait for him to recover from his injury, (properly) regain his fitness and actually play under Crosby?

2 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Before we write him off, could we possibly wait for him to recover from his injury, (properly) regain his fitness and actually play under Crosby?

Croz has made it clear he doesn’t see a future for him at the club. The only reason he’s still here is due to his latest injury setback.

23 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Perhaps you should pass this information onto the police service who cover the area. The officers conducting the investigation have held a press conference and say they have nothing to go on. 

what, they want our tractor???????:drink:

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I must admit I missed this. Have you got a link?

Funny enough I don't have a link detailing a private conversation between DOF, new manager and player with the outcome one of the highest paid players at the club is no longer captain and have tried to move him on.

If you know...you know otherwise you don't.

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Funny enough I don't have a link detailing a private conversation between DOF, new manager and player with the outcome one of the highest paid players at the club is no longer captain and have tried to move him on.

I’m not in the know, you maybe are, but it doesn’t look like you can’t actually back up what you’ve said.

4 hours ago, MBE said:

It does look like TC needs a move either to a new position at PVFC or to another club. Given the situation with Grant I'd be surprised if Crosby hasn't given some thought to TC playing at LWB and/or LB and the training pitch, once TC is fit, would be the place to try it out.

I thought TC did play at LB under Askey a couple of times.

TC is one of us and I for one would like to see him given every chance at PVFC, it was only a couple of seasons ago when most supporters were praising him, although much water has gone under the bridge since then.

9 hours ago, MBE said:

Was anyone else aware of this conversation, or did you just presume/guess he was going to be moved on?

47 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Was anyone else aware of this conversation, or did you just presume/guess he was going to be moved on?

The assumption is that losing the captaincy and 1 - 11 squad number he is no longer in the first 11 of the manager. I suspect that part is true. In January he will have 6 months left on his contract. As things stand today I'm sure we would take an offer to buy him. Two months can be a long time in football and it's entirely possible he gets some game time, does well and at least sees out his contract. 

Personally I still feel he is capable of playing league 1 football.  Last season, for whatever reason, he tended to drift over to the right of the pitch. That doesn't really suit him as he tends to always turn to the right under pressure,  which cuts off his passing options.  He can pass with his right but under pressure to retain possession he shapes his  body the way most left footed players do. By contrast Wilson can go either way. I suspect league 1 teams have deliberately pushed him over to the right as they know it's unlikely he will cause problems.  

Personally I hope he takes whatever chances come along and we can find a way to use his talents. Overall he's been a good player for us and was our best player for a couple of seasons prior to the injury in the promotion season.  More likely he'll move on in January or next summer.

Archived