onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer signings

Playa Amodores

Advert

7 hours ago, Jesse James said:

Off topic but, just noticed the Railway Paddock is greyed out for the next 3 home games surely not the toilet issue still how long does it take? I believe we are losing money from this restriction!

Jesse, I saw that myself couldn’t understand why, just thought it was my fault.

8 hours ago, Warren said:

Grant played 112 games for Plymouth scoring 12 goals in his time there. Of course those games would be higher without covid-19 suspending the league. He was injured quite badly and had made some progress in coming back from that. As Plymouth needed to significantly strengthen their squad to play at Championship level he stood little chance of being retained.

When things don't initially work out for us of course people will say we should have avoided him. I'm one who has sympathy with that but an informed punt is sometimes worth taking. We may end up with a better player than we otherwise would have. 

Wilson is a difficult one. When he came back we were having difficulty signing strikers of the right calibre at wages we can afford. He was therefore a reasonable risk to take. I'm sensing that it is isn't his inherent fitness that caused the problem this time, but a mixture of rough treatment and bad luck in a game many will say he should not be starting in. 

He would have only played another 9 games, if the season was not cut short, the mistake for me is that we should have gone into the season with another recognised left wing back as well.  There is no way that we should have gone into a season with just one recognised LWB.  When playing the system we do, this is such an important role and a mistake.   

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

What's the possibility of Tom Conlon playing at Left Wing back, he has the left foot and the skill, the tenacity and can tackle, does he have the pace though?  He would need to develop the positional sense for the role.

Mitch Clarke played at left full back under Askey so there is potential quality cover there with this option at least.

He's no slower than Grant or Hussey who've played there for us. 

Can't believe people are mentioning about Conlon playing at LWB, no idea when he will be back but returning from a long term lay off and then to ask him to play a position he has never played before, the most physically demanding role you can have is absoutely crazy.  

20 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Can't believe people are mentioning about Conlon playing at LWB, no idea when he will be back but returning from a long term lay off and then to ask him to play a position he has never played before, the most physically demanding role you can have is absoutely crazy.  

no different to plant being played there in regards to never done it before, i'm not saying he should play there by the way. Might be a case of he may need to unless we sign a free agent in the mean time as we are extremely low in numbers for that role right now although there's plant, clark & Jones who could do it before the likes of conlon etc 

2 hours ago, valefan79 said:

He would have only played another 9 games, if the season was not cut short, the mistake for me is that we should have gone into the season with another recognised left wing back as well.  There is no way that we should have gone into a season with just one recognised LWB.  When playing the system we do, this is such an important role and a mistake.   

Yes, I agree. If we are going to play every game with the formation we do there is a very strong case for what you say. The only potential point against is we don't think we can find two of the right quality and decide to make do with one. But that doesn't stack up because you should then sign a player who we are very confident will play nearly all the games. We didn't, we took a risk. 

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

Yes it’s a bit random, the only connection being he is left footed.  As we’ve seen already we’re far more likely to stick with the right footed Mitch Clarke or James Plant at LWB so it’s strange to consider Conlon.

2 hours ago, Warren said:

I'm up for trying Tom Conlon at LWB if he gets fully fit and is retained. 

It wouldn't hurt to try him there if we don't have any or many other options i suppose. I'd personally like to see Tom play for the Vale again even if i was his biggest critic since we've been back in league one 

28 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

a blonde haired lady and a chap with a near mohican were seen dragging them off on a blue tractor!!!!!!!!!!!!😁:drink:

Perhaps you should pass this information onto the police service who cover the area. The officers conducting the investigation have held a press conference and say they have nothing to go on. 

Archived