onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New EFL Rules for Season 23/24

Doha

The time wasting one’s are very welcome I think. Hopefully we don’t see too much of what’s been ruining games for this last few seasons, the fake injury to break up play, especially now players have to stay off for a set amount of time.

Looks like yellow cards could be issued for more offences too. 

Advert

The time wasting one’s are very welcome I think. Hopefully we don’t see too much of what’s been ruining games for this last few seasons, the fake injury to break up play, especially now players have to stay off for a set amount of time.

It will all boil down to the consistency of the refs as usual, and their willingness to actually implement or maintain the rules/guidance. Just like with the GK number of seconds rule and players to exit the pitch at the nearest point when they first came in, I expect a run of 4-5 games of strict application, before it goes back to the norm

On 28/07/2023 at 11:10, PV1973 said:

I watched a clip on sky today.

Brentford v Liverpool they showed.

Brentford went 1-0 and it took 3 minutes 27 seconds to restart game.

What equated to all that time, was Brentford celebrating the goal. When the ball got put back on the spot in the centre circle and everyone was in position to restart the game, a Brentford player decided to go down injured. When he was back on his feet, Brentford then decided to make a double substitution.

They said in the sky studio that next season, that 3 minutes 27 seconds would be added on into injury time.

The refs have been instructed to add measured real time for game interruptions. For example, the time lost at goal celebrations. Faked injuries will come within this as well as time taken at free kicks. It will be rare for a game to last less than 100 mins. In L1 the time the ball was actually in play in 2022/23 averaged 50 minutes. Surrounding the ref by players and misbehaviour on the bench will be less tolerated and more sanctioned. It's also said that physical contact rule interpretation will be relaxed meaning in theory less tolerance of soft falling down to get a free kick. 

4 hours ago, mbycars said:

I think on average we played 100 minutes last season. Might get home in time for supper this season and just in time for breakfast for night matches

Fans getting reliable expectations of how long games will last does matter for transport purposes. I come to Vale Park by train from Liverpool. First game of the season I'm coming from Guildford. 

They all sound sensible reasonable,  although it looks like it's up to the referees discretion on how to implement it. So I guess we will have different referees seeing things in different ways which will lead to frustration. I guess things will move towards consensus but what will help is if the players do their bit and, for example, not crowd the referee. Chances of players doing that 0%

I'll believe this when I see it.  So when the ref is surrounded by players protesting/demanding a penalty, which ends up with the ref booking several players..... who is going to measure the amount of time to be added on?
I'll do it. Obviously whether my watch is working will depend if we're winning or losing

Archived