onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

They've done it!

Advert

19 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Luton town in the Premier League, 

After being out of the football league, in league 2 5 years ago, in their 10,000 capacity falling apart shed.

They should be an inspiration to all clubs that anything is possible

Exactly.  They have averaged over 10,000 once in the last 31 seasons.  It's not essential!!

They are an inspiration. When I look at the number of great clubs who dropped into the National League and further down having not returned. However, I watched their earlier play off game and they will get stuffed in the PL with that team. Lots of strengthening and a spruced up stadium needed fast. 

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

They are an inspiration. When I look at the number of great clubs who dropped into the National League and further down having not returned. However, I watched their earlier play off game and they will get stuffed in the PL with that team. Lots of strengthening and a spruced up stadium needed fast. 

It doesn't matter if they get stuffed IMO, after the years of pain they have suffered I can't imagine they will mind getting beaten by Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool etc

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

It doesn't matter if they get stuffed IMO, after the years of pain they have suffered I can't imagine they will mind getting beaten by Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool etc

They aren't equipped to survive but I hope they can get competitive. I don't want to see them at played 38, won 3, lost 25 , drawn 10. 

Which clubs that can be considered as bigger than us have never played Premier League football? Probably Bristol City, Millwall, Oxford United, Plymouth Argyle, Preston North End, Rotherham United. Our time will come eventually 

44 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Which clubs that can be considered as bigger than us have never played Premier League football? Probably Bristol City, Millwall, Oxford United, Plymouth Argyle, Preston North End, Rotherham United. Our time will come eventually 

Rotherham were averaging less than 3500 in 2012. Their recent forays into the Championship have been very impressive, where we've spent more time than them btw, but I wouldn't say they were bigger than us. Also spent double the time Oxford have at that level.

EUROPEAN-FOOTBALL-STATISTICS.CO.UK

6 hours ago, Doha said:

Rotherham were averaging less than 3500 in 2012. Their recent forays into the Championship have been very impressive, where we've spent more time than them btw, but I wouldn't say they were bigger than us. Also spent double the time Oxford have at that level.

EUROPEAN-FOOTBALL-STATISTICS.CO.UK

The thing with the bigger than us debate is it's all about the here and now. 

Rotherham were reinvigorated by their new stadium. I've been to Millmoor a few times where there was less than 4000 there including at least 400 plus Vale. Now they generally top 10'000 each game.

Back in the day we were way bigger than Bournemouth. Obviously the attraction of the seaside led to good Vale numbers in a small attendance. Bournemouth would bring 200 to Vale. They are now cash rich and still have the same stadium. 

We are not helped by being a two city club. 

Luton have proved anything is possible. Beating clubs with double and treble their attendance and budget.

That's why League one has seen recent promotions for Burton and Wycombe into the Championship. Because all the stars aligned and they believed. 

It's no use wallowing about saying oh look at Derby Ipswich Wednesday etc we have no chance. Of course we do. Astute recruitment and an identity worked for Burton and Wycombe, budgets and fan base clearly and mostly are a factor but it's absolutely possible to do.

If we aren't in the top 3 by October I'll be fuming 🤣

Archived