onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

They've done it!

Advert

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

The thing with the bigger than us debate is it's all about the here and now. 

Rotherham were reinvigorated by their new stadium. I've been to Millmoor a few times where there was less than 4000 there including at least 400 plus Vale. Now they generally top 10'000 each game.

Back in the day we were way bigger than Bournemouth. Obviously the attraction of the seaside led to good Vale numbers in a small attendance. Bournemouth would bring 200 to Vale. They are now cash rich and still have the same stadium. 

We are not helped by being a two city club. 

Luton have proved anything is possible. Beating clubs with double and treble their attendance and budget.

That's why League one has seen recent promotions for Burton and Wycombe into the Championship. Because all the stars aligned and they believed. 

It's no use wallowing about saying oh look at Derby Ipswich Wednesday etc we have no chance. Of course we do. Astute recruitment and an identity worked for Burton and Wycombe, budgets and fan base clearly and mostly are a factor but it's absolutely possible to do.

If we aren't in the top 3 by October I'll be fuming 🤣

Rotherham were playing in an athletics stadium. So too Brighton. Need binoculars to watch the football. Hardly worth going. Both got new stadiums - both doing much better. Rid of the athletics track. I truly dislike athletics as a sport - gets subsidised stadiums built all over the world and then football has to make them viable. 

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

And Bournemouth remain in the Premiership with gates less than 15k.

Bournemouth have been bankrolled to high heaven!

Luton have done it on the cheap through really clever data driven recruitment.

People are writing them off, but giving £170m to an outstanding recruitment team might surprise a few!

For those who dream of playing in the Premier League of today with VAR taking the Michael out of your emotions and celebrations then go ahead and dream. 

For me I will stick with watching the ref point to the centre circle and either celebrate or heart sink.

With cash rich owners just in it for the money and proven betting scandals just getting a slap on the wrist my ambition is simply to be able to watch a honest football match that has not been corrupted by the mentality of today where penalties are won and uncut toe nails are judged offside!

At the end of the day it's 22 players kicking a bag of wind and luck evens itself out over a season.

I started watching the Vale in Division Three North over 60 years ago and I am still watching them in the same equivalent league all these years later.

No Premier League for me. My ambition is to be able to get served pre match in the Bulls Head, chat to friends and family, walk up Hamil Road to watch the Vale hopefully to win a football match and moan about it if we don't! 

All credit to Luton and in the past the likes of Swansea and Carlisle who at least saw their teams play a football match in the top league that hadn't been basterdised.

6 minutes ago, andy jones said:

For those who dream of playing in the Premier League of today with VAR taking the Michael out of your emotions and celebrations then go ahead and dream. 

For me I will stick with watching the ref point to the centre circle and either celebrate or heart sink.

With cash rich owners just in it for the money and proven betting scandals just getting a slap on the wrist my ambition is simply to be able to watch a honest football match that has not been corrupted by the mentality of today where penalties are won and uncut toe nails are judged offside!

At the end of the day it's 22 players kicking a bag of wind and luck evens itself out over a season.

I started watching the Vale in Division Three North over 60 years ago and I am still watching them in the same equivalent league all these years later.

No Premier League for me. My ambition is to be able to get served pre match in the Bulls Head, chat to friends and family, walk up Hamil Road to watch the Vale hopefully to win a football match and moan about it if we don't! 

All credit to Luton and in the past the likes of Swansea and Carlisle who at least saw their teams play a football match in the top league that hadn't been basterdised.

Reeks of it was so much better back in my day. 

8 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Also watching football on a Saturday afternoon, but it appears Sky will control L1 to a greater extent in the future.

Archived