onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

James Wilson

worldsendvalefan

I noticed something about Wilson's play yesterday. He was often dropping deep yesterday. When he did, he was putting his foot on the ball, beating people, then spraying around good passes. Sometimes, at this level I feel his skills are wasted up front, as the level of service is not what it should be. So does anyone else think, dropping him back to midfield might be a good idea.

Advert

On 11/04/2023 at 09:25, worldsendvalefan said:

I noticed something about Wilson's play yesterday. He was often dropping deep yesterday. When he did, he was putting his foot on the ball, beating people, then spraying around good passes. Sometimes, at this level I feel his skills are wasted up front, as the level of service is not what it should be. So does anyone else think, dropping him back to midfield might be a good idea.

He’s done this all along.  It needs players to get beyond Wilson, or whoever, which we managed to do far more last season, the prime example being in the Wembley game.  Saturday he was playing in a 3 with Massey and Harrison so had a bit more licence to roam, particularly as Harrison tends to play high up right on the central defender.  This season the wingbacks have had their wings clipped, midfield slow, there isn’t enough pace generally in the team for this level, evidenced by the way a poor Oxford team were pretty much man for man quicker in a foot race all over the park.

4 hours ago, worldsendvalefan said:

Its exactly like how Harry Kane plays for both Spurs & England

I think he is in his best position right now, playing off a main striker or just behind the front two, where he can create and score goals. It is a joy to see his skill in a Vale shirt but somehow he needs to get involved a more.

He's as skillful a player as anyone in this division and some of his touches get you out of your seat, the amount of time he appears to have on the ball even when the game is like a tornado around him is incredible.

I've often thought about him playing in midfield but to my eyes he doesn't appear to have the engine/legs to get around the pitch so for me he's best where he is.

You mean these pair ? 

Small.jpeg.1918b104cd3002e44b9b516ae57438c8.jpeg

That’s them ! But vale fans prefer a drama and a crisis .. so please delete .. affairs, clubs skint, leaked retained list, poor recruitment…

I go with … newly promoted team, bookies tip to be relegated, overachieving in first half of season. Now settling to where they probably belong for the their first season in a new division …not as interesting granted

52 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Think the daft rumour about Wilson and Harrison having a fall out can be put to bed as well. Started the game and several times I saw them clapping each other and encouraging their play.

Yes, very noticable, even hugged b4 ko.  I actually thought to myself,  so much for that rumour 

I think he is in his best position right now, playing off a main striker or just behind the front two, where he can create and score goals. It is a joy to see his skill in a Vale shirt but somehow he needs to get involved a more.
He's as skillful a player as anyone in this division and some of his touches get you out of your seat, the amount of time he appears to have on the ball even when the game is like a tornado around him is incredible.
I've often thought about him playing in midfield but to my eyes he doesn't appear to have the engine/legs to get around the pitch so for me he's best where he is.

I agree he needs to be involved more. That's why I think dropping back into midfield could be advantageous. He could play a similar role to what Ray Walker used to. I just don't think we are getting the best out of his talent at present.

Archived