onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Creative Thinking

I'll be honest....I'm fed up of the shenanigans and negativity re Bycars move.
I'll move.....absolutely no prob....no moaning from me about minutiae. Let's get behind the club.
Onto something juicy and thought provoking.....
I'm confident that having beaten Exeter and MK Dons recently, we will be a League One team next season.
No more 'big' teams to visit Vale Park until a possible Pilgrims Party at 12 noon on May 7th.
Surely with more than 2 months to prepare, we can maximise our income from this fixture?
Why not offer Plymouth the Hamil AND the Bycars stand?
From our perspective it will(almost guaranteed) to be a dead rubber and the visitors will easily sell out the Hamil for their( almost certain) promotion party.
Fill the Railway, the Paddock and Lorne Street with Vale fans.....and sell as many seats as possible to the West Country pasty chomping chaps.
The potential to fill our coffers is there.....Plymouth would sell out an allocation of 7,500.
It's potentially a one off non high octane game, not to be confused with the Swindon night....and I'm sure Staffordshire's Constabulary could easily handle our 'lively chaps' who normally reside in the Hamil end of the Railway Stand.
Let's be creative.....let's be pro active....let's plan it.....let's do it instead of finding reasons not to do so.
The financial windfall might even cover the bulk of the Lorne Street concourse work......

This suggestion, although unusual, does make financial sense. Also a nice gesture to the Plymouth fans. It's not a bad idea to think of supporters for once. Even if they are not our own.
However if I was a Bycars season ticket holder, I would probably do my nut.

Advert

There was a little bit of trouble at Brighton. I was in the section of standing right next to their home terrace behind the goal. Couldn't get on the pitch from that section as the terrace was closed in front of us so I had to watch events unfold. A gate opened at the front of the Brighton end and a few of their fans tried to get on the pitch. Vale fans ran at them and they ran back in their stand. It all calmed down after a bit and fans shook hands.
Remember that day well.If I recall it rained all day down there while at home it was gorgeous

31 minutes ago, GEOFF B said:
19 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:
There was a little bit of trouble at Brighton. I was in the section of standing right next to their home terrace behind the goal. Couldn't get on the pitch from that section as the terrace was closed in front of us so I had to watch events unfold. A gate opened at the front of the Brighton end and a few of their fans tried to get on the pitch. Vale fans ran at them and they ran back in their stand. It all calmed down after a bit and fans shook hands.

Remember that day well.If I recall it rained all day down there while at home it was gorgeous

Can remember the rain down there. Fans sliding on the pitch to celebrate the goals 🤣

45 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

This suggestion, although unusual, does make financial sense. Also a nice gesture to the Plymouth fans. It's not a bad idea to think of supporters for once. Even if they are not our own.
However if I was a Bycars season ticket holder, I would probably do my nut.

Jacko makes the point about our allocation for home supporters would be reduced to 6k. It's a non starter.

3 hours ago, GEOFF B said:
22 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Yeah.  Match of the day, every match was brilliant sunshine I think.  Must have been the only rainy place in the uk, lol   didn't spoil a great day thought.   One of those lifetime memory ones.

13 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

We did not give the Bycars to Wolves in 1997.

The only time that happened was the final game of 99/00 - when we'd already been relegated.

I remember Stoke, Everton and (possibly Wolves) in the Hamil side of the LS as an 'overspill' for their big away followings, but never the Bycars.

Don’t think Everton had it and the other team was Sheffield Wednesday when they could have got promotion.

The obvious solution would be to finish and open the Lorne Street but I can’t see that happening due to safety checks not happening in time. Could there be a possibility we give half the Bycars to Plymouth, similar to how Stoke use the away end? Would be a good test to see how segregation could work going forward when we make the stand switch.

4 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I remember having a few pitch invasions for some near misses too.

Only game I’ve ever been to with 5 pitch invasions. 3 goals, 1 disallowed goal and the final whistle.

Good atmosphere all day, only trouble I saw was a few Vale fans in the home end Kop having a punch up but generally a friendly atmosphere.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Don’t think Everton had it and the other team was Sheffield Wednesday when they could have got promotion.

The obvious solution would be to finish and open the Lorne Street but I can’t see that happening due to safety checks not happening in time. Could there be a possibility we give half the Bycars to Plymouth, similar to how Stoke use the away end? Would be a good test to see how segregation could work going forward when we make the stand switch.

Everton definitely had it.

Everton definitely had it.
Cup games have a higher away allocation, around 25% against a league allocation of 10%. Can require STs to be moved depending if demand is up. What % came
with Liverpool in the 60s, who knows, as the attendance was greater than came through the turnstiles.

20 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

The Council enforced that closure due to issues with H+S in the paddock. It was closed for a few games that season. Definitely a game v Bury, think Killen scored our winner.

Cardiff, Bury and Stoke in 01/02.

Plymouth have to play away games at Barnsley, Bolton Wanderers, Exeter, Shrewsbury and Morecombe before coming to Vale Park. I think we should fill the ground with our fans and give them one or other stand. It's a big game and we could have a say in the outcome of promotion. Some Vale players are playing for contracts and won't be looking for a nice end of season kick about. I think surrendering our stadium and limiting the scope of home fans to attend is completely wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

Plymouth have to play away games at Barnsley, Bolton Wanderers, Exeter, Shrewsbury and Morecombe before coming to Vale Park. I think we should fill the ground with our fans and give them one or other stand. It's a big game and we could have a say in the outcome of promotion. I think surrendering our stadium and limiting the scope of home fans to attend is completely wrong. 

I'm not sure our fans would come out in force to see a potential opportunity of Vale stopping another team getting promoted 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Plymouth have to play away games at Barnsley, Bolton Wanderers, Exeter, Shrewsbury and Morecombe before coming to Vale Park. I think we should fill the ground with our fans and give them one or other stand. It's a big game and we could have a say in the outcome of promotion. Some Vale players are playing for contracts and won't be looking for a nice end of season kick about. I think surrendering our stadium and limiting the scope of home fans to attend is completely wrong. 

No, I think regardless, we should play full pelt if anything is riding on this rather than rotate or try players we normally wouldn't to keep the integrity of the league certainly.

For example it may be better for us if Argyle miss out anyway... lets say its between Ipswich and Argyle for the last promotion spot... you want Ipswich up as they have the bigger finance for us to compete with into next season.

Get Ipswich/Wednesday and Bolton or Derby up and out the league it becomes far more of a level playing field.

Archived