onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Creative Thinking

I'll be honest....I'm fed up of the shenanigans and negativity re Bycars move.

I'll move.....absolutely no prob....no moaning from me about minutiae. Let's get behind the club.

Onto something juicy and thought provoking.....

I'm confident that having beaten Exeter and MK Dons recently, we will be a League One team next season.

No more 'big' teams to visit Vale Park until a possible Pilgrims Party at 12 noon on May 7th.

Surely with more than 2 months to prepare, we can maximise our income from this fixture?

Why not offer Plymouth the Hamil AND the Bycars stand?

From our perspective it will(almost guaranteed) to be a dead rubber and the visitors will easily sell out the Hamil for their( almost certain) promotion party.

Fill the Railway, the Paddock and Lorne Street with Vale fans.....and sell as many seats as possible to the West Country pasty chomping chaps.

The potential to fill our coffers is there.....Plymouth would sell out an allocation of 7,500.

It's potentially a one off non high octane game, not to be confused with the Swindon night....and I'm sure Staffordshire's Constabulary could easily handle our 'lively chaps' who normally reside in the Hamil end of the Railway Stand.

Let's be creative.....let's be pro active....let's plan it.....let's do it instead of finding reasons not to do so.

The financial windfall might even cover the bulk of the Lorne Street concourse work......

Advert

It’s hard to say as may be already up or in the play offs, plus if anything on it I expect it will be on TV which may put a fair few of theirs travelling.

Also have the issue of capacity for home fans if limited. We have 6500 season tickets with juniors don’t we? But with a limited capacity in the stands we may struggle to accommodate our own ticket sales. (Bear in mind the Lorne St and Railway Paddock and Stand have sold out a few times and decent weather and the final game may see a few more in, especially as it’s now a Bank Holiday weekend with the Coronation.

In an ideal world the Lorne Street would be complete and you could have given them the new half of that to add to their away demand.

Got to say though 4000 is a decent allocation, not many offer that in the first place, look at our situation at Exeter for instance last season which could of been a promotion decider, and even though we had an extra stand at Wycombe in 2013 it was still less than we give as standard.

Good sensible points, thank you.

TV kills and sterilizes the game....not to mention the 12 noon (Sunday) KO.

Has anyone got to the absolute bottom line as to why our capacity is limited ?

How does Bristol Rovers get away with their pathetic 'facilities'??

And don't get me started on the Away End at Gillingham and Barrow......

Some zealous 'certification' at VP

I don't mind the idea but think valefan16 hits the nail on the head re capacity limited for Vale fans. Can Imagine a lot of Vale fans would want to attend, last game of the season. Also, if the Bycars die hards are angry about swapping next season, Imagine they'd kick off about potentially the last ever chance of sitting in there being taken away.

Think a certain regular moaned about the Wolves game in 2000 for years afterwards. That move actually backfired. Wolves messed up and couldn't get automatic promotion in the end and had already made the play offs, so only a few hundred went in there. Remember it kicked off too during the game.

On the point of that last game v Plymouth. Ofcourse I hope it doesn't happen, but I can definitely see trouble if their fans celebrate on the pitch. We've done it elsewhere and I know it's pathetic to think this way, but Vale's hooligans won't take too kindly to it. No one has celebrated on Vale's pitch that I can recall in my lifetime. It's a warped sense of pride for some, so I think it has the recipe for a big kick off. 

Didn’t we do similar for Wolves I think the year we got relegated from the Championship? In principle it’s not necessarily something would be opposed to but that’d be a hell of a policing job with away fans down both ends before and after the game. I think those who are Bycars STH’s it might be a tough sell on top of the stand swap next season (I POTD so it’s not a issue to me).

Yeah, I liked the OP , but on reflection,  I think there are too many problems.  Early Sunday ko, policing cost/ problem,  be awful to kick bycars ST holders out for their last ever match in there  - and then get 100 or so away fans in. Who knows how the season will pan out, could be done and dusted  , on tv etc. 

Could even end up costing us money?

8 minutes ago, Kevin The Valiant said:

Didn't we have thousands on the pitch at Brighton?

And didn't they fill out the Hamil some years later for their promotion party?

Didn't Bycars ticket holders move for Swindon.....and for the Exeter cup game in Nov 22?

Yes we went on Brighton's pitch, and they did get promoted at ours around 2001 I think. That's partly why I raise it, they tried to get on our pitch that day but Vale went on first and the police stopped Brighton getting on. A lad I used to go school with ended up doing a few weeks in prison for pulling a moony at the Brighton fans.

4 minutes ago, Kevin The Valiant said:

Didn't we have thousands on the pitch at Brighton?

And didn't they fill out the Hamil some years later for their promotion party?

Didn't Bycars ticket holders move for Swindon.....and for the Exeter cup game in Nov 22?

We did indeed have thousands on the pitch at Brighton,  I was one of them. From memory there was some trouble?.

Bycars ST holders v Swindon and Exeter was different  - they weren't league games.  No  " right " to " their" seat.

4 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

We did indeed have thousands on the pitch at Brighton,  I was one of them. From memory there was some trouble?.

Bycars ST holders v Swindon and Exeter was different  - they weren't league games.  No  " right " to " their" seat.

There was a little bit of trouble at Brighton. I was in the section of standing right next to their home terrace behind the goal. Couldn't get on the pitch from that section as the terrace was closed in front of us so I had to watch events unfold. A gate opened at the front of the Brighton end and a few of their fans tried to get on the pitch. Vale fans ran at them and they ran back in their stand. It all calmed down after a bit and fans shook hands.

5 hours ago, Kevin The Valiant said:

I'd just feel dispirited if the Hamil Stand is full to brimming .....and swathes of vale Park are sparsely populated on May 7th......that's precisely why we need creative thinking

I can't see that being the case. Last game of what will have been a great 1st season back in L1. Imagine the Lorne St and Railway Paddock and Stand will "sell out" and given its the last ever match for Vale fans in the Bycars, we may even see it reach the giddy heights of "limited availability". I Imagine of available seats in the Vale ends (not actual seats), we may only have 1 / 1.5k empty in the Bycars on the day. 

27 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I wonder if it would be possible to open up a block or 2 of the Hamil side of the Lorne street as a one off

I'm not up with stadium safety requirements, but can't see the issue given you can get across the Hamil side seats over the tunnel, from the Bycars side. Obviously someone who knows what they're talking about has ruled that out, probably on H+S grounds.

I could only see that currently being an option for Vale fans though, not away fans. 

The only way I think we could give Plymouth more tickets would be to swap the whole of the Railway with the Hamil as a one off. Now that would piss people off. Tin hat on.

To clarify, I'm not calling for that to happen, just saying it's the only way I could see working IF, we wanted to give them more tickets.

Archived