onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Creative Thinking

28 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

For that game in 1997 we definitely had the Bycars. What we might have done but can’t remember now is give them the Hamil side of the Lorne Street as that was still open then which we tended to do for Wolves and Stoke.

I think, on reflection,  that you and Brian Johnson are correct in terms of the dates and I am a victim of false memory syndrome. My apologies for the error, I am happy to recognise the corrections.

I stand by my other points, we shall see if the suggestion is taken forward. I

Advert

16 hours ago, Kevin The Valiant said:

I'll be honest....I'm fed up of the shenanigans and negativity re Bycars move.

I'll move.....absolutely no prob....no moaning from me about minutiae. Let's get behind the club.

Onto something juicy and thought provoking.....

I'm confident that having beaten Exeter and MK Dons recently, we will be a League One team next season.

No more 'big' teams to visit Vale Park until a possible Pilgrims Party at 12 noon on May 7th.

Surely with more than 2 months to prepare, we can maximise our income from this fixture?

Why not offer Plymouth the Hamil AND the Bycars stand?

From our perspective it will(almost guaranteed) to be a dead rubber and the visitors will easily sell out the Hamil for their( almost certain) promotion party.

Fill the Railway, the Paddock and Lorne Street with Vale fans.....and sell as many seats as possible to the West Country pasty chomping chaps.

The potential to fill our coffers is there.....Plymouth would sell out an allocation of 7,500.

It's potentially a one off non high octane game, not to be confused with the Swindon night....and I'm sure Staffordshire's Constabulary could easily handle our 'lively chaps' who normally reside in the Hamil end of the Railway Stand.

Let's be creative.....let's be pro active....let's plan it.....let's do it instead of finding reasons not to do so.

The financial windfall might even cover the bulk of the Lorne Street concourse work......

Absolute lunacy to give Plymouth more than the Hamil End. Won't happen and neither should it!

19 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

We did not give the Bycars to Wolves in 1997.

The only time that happened was the final game of 99/00 - when we'd already been relegated.

I remember Stoke, Everton and (possibly Wolves) in the Hamil side of the LS as an 'overspill' for their big away followings, but never the Bycars.

I might well be wrong but did Southampton get the Bycars for the '94 cup game? I'm sure there was a game around then where the Vale fans were given the Hamill Road end.

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I might well be wrong but did Southampton get the Bycars for the '94 cup game? I'm sure there was a game around then where the Vale fans were given the Hamill Road end.

We had the Bycars on that one. Basically Southampton got put in a couple of blocks in the Railway Stand towards the Bycars as back then that was the seated section we provided for away fans. Was pretty good actually having both the Hamil and Bycars as home ends.

I'd forgotten about that caged off bit between the Bycars and Railway! I remember Middlesbrough had that when they were top and we beat them, near the start of the 94-5 season. Would they have had the Hamil too? Was annoyed I couldn't remember but then I realised it was nearly 30 years ago. 👵

I'd forgotten about that caged off bit between the Bycars and Railway! I remember Middlesbrough had that when they were top and we beat them, near the start of the 94-5 season. Would they have had the Hamil too? Was annoyed I couldn't remember but then I realised it was nearly 30 years ago. 
Likely to have had the Hamil as a standing area. The part Railway stand would have been their seating allocation.

51 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I'd forgotten about that caged off bit between the Bycars and Railway! I remember Middlesbrough had that when they were top and we beat them, near the start of the 94-5 season. Would they have had the Hamil too? Was annoyed I couldn't remember but then I realised it was nearly 30 years ago. 👵

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I was in the Bycars for that game, definitely didn't give it to Southampton.  They only had about 800 tickets in the Railway Stand. My Dad refused to queue for the Hamil, remember being gutted. Enjoyed watching the celebrations though.

6 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Round about here for me was the peak for the Bycars. Looked absolutely brilliant after the goals went in there.

You can just see the outline where the cage was on this. Bold of the club to put home fans in the Paddock below though. Doubt you’d get that past the SAG nowadays 😅

7 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Round about here for me was the peak for the Bycars. Looked absolutely brilliant after the goals went in there.

You can just see the outline where the cage was on this. Bold of the club to put home fans in the Paddock below though. Doubt you’d get that past the SAG nowadays 😅

I know, remember it well. Bolton in particular. 

If you are going to do this would it not make more sense to give them the paddock. Bit of mesh over the back few rows of the paddock and front few rows of the stand with a line of stewards. Only use the exit at the hamil end unless there is an emergency so that all their fans leave at the same part of the ground. It would also give you a packed bycars for photos of its final game as a home end.

Archived