onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

meeting updates

Advert

I was inside, not a bad meeting. Keith spoke well, made a few jokes that had people laughing (Particularly liked the one about not wanting to disclose his position on the Times rich list so that his wife couldn't spend it all)

As for the questions, standard fare. Asked about budgets, said playing budget will be higher. Has to have 4 directors as a football league rule, would take them from specialized areas (So marketing, PR etc) Also wants to have an advisory board underneath the directors, that the SC would be a part of.

Has plans for catering etc, but can't say much due to still being in a contract (Though BY did say that the contract was very bad for PVFC)

It's all him, not consortium (Apologised that he wasn't a front for a rich Sheikh) but that if the right investment came in he would work with anyone. (Except the previous board. Said that would be akin to economic suicide)

Overall, he seemed a genuine bloke who wants to succeed. Mentioned taking small steps, but believes this club should be in the Championship, and once there, who knows what can happen.

Was an interesting meeting. Mr Ryder didn't give a lot away to be fair. He's not the owner yet so plans are very much in the early stages. What we do know:

- Made his money in consultancy and property development

- He's a Man U fan

- He's not here for the long haul on a day to day basis and wants to hand over that eventually

- Micky's budget will be good chunk better than last season and it's his to do as he pleases but expect new signings in the summer

- The stand is not a priority to be completed but he may look into doing the Robbie Williams suite as a bar area rather than fine dining.

- He will set up an advisory board involving supporters

- He is a one man band and no former directors will be involved (Seems like his past dealings with them were poor as his £100k investment was based on them leaving).

Basically he said that he is acting alone, not in a consortium. Has spoken to many former directors including Bill Bell but has no intention of working with any of them. Playing budget will be increased. Looking into match day prices. Will appoint his commercial and marketing team who are likely to be the other directors. Will keep close contact with the SC and fans. Intersted parties already contacted re shirt sponsorship. Already had a good meeting with Council re community use etc on the ground. Not top priority to finish Robbie Williams Suite but is looking at a variety of uses for it before deciding.

Braddavaliant, I'm not denying I'd have been disappointed, course I would, but some of the responses here have been over the top. We've blamed MOLD and the previous board (rightly) for so long now that we've fallen into the trap of thinking that everything is somebody's fault. Sometimes it isn't. My oven broke today. That's life isn't? It's nobody's fault. And looking on the bright side, my kettle's still ok. Time for a cup of tea. Up the Vale!

I got in but could have fully understood if I hadn't got in. Bob Young cut short the meeting upstairs so Keith could go and speak to the people downstairs what more could he have done? Some people need to get a grip and stop moaning. When was the last time a SC meeting got 500 plus people turning up? Never that's when, so why should they have expected tonights turnout?

I got in but could have fully understood if I hadn't got in. Bob Young cut short the meeting upstairs so Keith could go and speak to the people downstairs what more could he have done? Some people need to get a grip and stop moaning. When was the last time a SC meeting got 500 plus people turning up? Never that's when, so why should they have expected tonights turnout?

Didn't one or two posters on here suggest that this may happen only to be shot down for s*** stirring?

Guys, get a grip! It was full. Some people couldn't get in. Get over it. He's offered to talk to you later. That's good of him. We don't have to moan about everything. There's a bigger picture. Tonight is the start of our brighter future. Stop moaning. Breathe. Have a cup of tea. Smile.

Agreed. I was one of those outside but I could understand their problem. Ok, perhaps they could have planned to deal with a larger audience, but if you based your estimation on how many people have been attending supporters club meetings then you wouldn't have estimated several hundred turning up at VP tonight.... It seemed to me that some outside were itching to find fault in something. This certainly was not everyone though as I heard many a comment from people there bemoaning the negative vocal minority. There was one in particular who was very loud but made little sense. Anyway in brief, yes I would have like to have got in but I'll get over it. I was actually very happy to see that so many did actually turn up giving a real sense of optimism for next season's attendance figures under the new stewardship of Mr Ryder.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

He came across very well. He didn't reveal anything particularly earth shattering but he is still only the preferred bidder so a lot of the answers were very general. But he'd obviously done his homework on the club. Couple of things that did come out were that he provisionally plans an open day kind of event in July to unveil the Sproson statue and that legal proceedings were ongoing against the former directors.

Didn't one or two posters on here suggest that this may happen only to be shot down for s*** stirring?

Couldn't tell you Caroline dont read much on here anymore. As I and others have said they can only base expectations on previous meeting attendaces. Tonights attendance was exceptional and should be turned into a positive not a negative.

Archived