onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Championship ready

johnjeffersfanclub

On 29/10/2022 at 21:00, ollyandpatch said:

If we sneaked up our pitch will get slaughtered in the Chamionship. I saw a seagull land about 20 minutes before kickoff and took out a huge divot. !!

They are in the Premiership, so 2 years to sort that out.

Advert

We've got a Championship management team, Championship DoF, Champions league owner, league one squad, league 2 stadium facilities, conference north pitch and a North West Counties Division loyalty/ticketing system. 

We are certainly on the right path, way ahead of where I thought we would be after Carole first came in. As long as nothing changes in terms of Darryl being our manager, we will be Championship sooner rather than later.

In terms of the squad, I have a feeling we may see a 21/22 style exodus of players at the end of this season. This will give us chance to up the fabled wage cap and attached a higher calibre of player. Moving towards championship ready.
I think a few will leave certainly, but not loads. I actually think we'll be busier in January, with Small, McCarron and possibly Politic returning to their parent clubs, Benning possibly being sold, Proctor being released/found a new club, Butterworth being signed permanently, and a couple more loan signings, in centre midfield and left back. Darryl himself alluded to the squad being smaller for the second half of the season in last night's press conference

Just now, philmpv said:
6 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
In terms of the squad, I have a feeling we may see a 21/22 style exodus of players at the end of this season. This will give us chance to up the fabled wage cap and attached a higher calibre of player. Moving towards championship ready.

I think a few will leave certainly, but not loads. I actually think we'll be busier in January, with Small, McCarron and possibly Politic returning to their parent clubs, Benning possibly being sold, Proctor being released/found a new club, Butterworth being signed permanently, and a couple more loan signings, in centre midfield and left back. Darryl himself alluded to the squad being smaller for the second half of the season in last night's press conference

Agree with all that, think we should also bring in another striker (loan or otherwise) given that Wilson's fitness can't be relied on.

Would be good to have a list of who's out of contract in the summer. DF has shown a propensity to be ruthless and not stand on ceremony when it comes to releasing players, I have this feeling some fan favs could be shown the door.

Agree with all that, think we should also bring in another striker (loan or otherwise) given that Wilson's fitness can't be relied on.
Would be good to have a list of who's out of contract in the summer. DF has shown a propensity to be ruthless and not stand on ceremony when it comes to releasing players, I have this feeling some fan favs could be shown the door.
I think Worrall definitely will and possibly Walker and Pett as well. Love all of them personally but I'd understand if they were released, given age/injuries

24 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Think Smith definitely will be out of contract as his current one was the extra year triggered. Wilson I think will be as well but you never know if we have an option year on him. Sammy Robinson I suspect has an option year, when we signed him the club worded it like it was an initial 18 month deal so that indicates there is that sort of clause in it. Pett, Walker and Jones probably good shouts to be out of contract too.

20 minutes ago, philmpv said:
33 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I think Worrall definitely will and possibly Walker and Pett as well. Love all of them personally but I'd understand if they were released, given age/injuries

Not all fan favourites but there's scope for Worrall, Walker, Pett, Hall (if his form doesn't pick up), Benning, Proctor, Holden, Charsley, Covalan to go. 

Butterworth and Stephens hopefully signed permanently; the rest of the loans sent back. That would leave us with a squad of 14 I think, not including youngsters like McDermott and Derek.

Personally, there's some of those players I would keep, but if DF is looking at it rationally with the data he could clear the decks

Looking in the programme the list of the club's non playing staff is very impressive when compared with what previous owners considered necessary.

Going further back ... How did Rudgie manage to get us into the Championship for the best part of a decade employing an Assistant and his dog. Amazing!

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Butterworth and Stephens hopefully signed permanently; the rest of the loans sent back. That would leave us with a squad of 14 I think, not including youngsters like McDermott and Derek.

Stevens may warrant a big fee with him signing a 3 year deal with Oxford before he joined us on loan but we may consider it worthwhile if his performances over the season justify it.

I think we can do better than Stevens tbh. Certainly wouldn’t try to sign him from Oxford. Stone must be getting quite frustrated he’s not starting. 
I'm not overly enamored with him either, if we can get him for a decent fee/he gets released this summer I wouldn't say no

3 hours ago, andy jones said:

Looking in the programme the list of the club's non playing staff is very impressive when compared with what previous owners considered necessary.

Going further back ... How did Rudgie manage to get us into the Championship for the best part of a decade employing an Assistant and his dog. Amazing!

It’s all about having the right dog.

Archived