Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Read elsewhere that the club have listened to complaints from Exeter - a member of staff turned up this morning walking down the queue and recording how many people were buying, and another staff member said enough tickets would be available for everyone, so fair play Vale, that stuff is what I took issue with over the Exeter tickets. They've listened to us, nice one! 

I think in general if they get something wrong they try and rectify that. Its not easy though as fans have lots of different views and opinions of what is right or wrong. I think they do try and put things right though which is a far cry from days gone by.

• Like 3

Advert:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

I wonder what ticketing platform they use?

Its the long queue round the block platform🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Hoppers

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Where has Joe moaned about the ticketing website?

The problem is the secrecy around the huge bundles of tickets being put aside before the man on the street can get them.

Saving some for corporate seats, absolutely fine, no issue with me. 

Saving loads and then allowing people to sleep on the car park overnight, and gleefully filming the queues to stick on twitter (they've done it again today), when those people are there because they have been told to think X number of tickets are available when hundreds less are in reality, like Exeter, is not on. Lots of them never had a chance but they were allowed to stand outside for hours wasting their time anyway. It is a <ovf censored> way to treat customers. People booked time off work, rearranged childcare etc when there was never any point, they stood outside for hours behind a massive queue of people when a few hours in there would have only been a handful of tickets left. Surely you can see that, and why so many people including Joe are very disappointed in how the club has acted?

It was not directly aimed at joe 

How do u know there is huge bundles of tickets being handed out to fans??

What do u want them to do better at the end of the season at such short notice we were getting 6000 couple months ago unless u want them use Smurf’s fan database 

Give them chance we are not going get the perfect club straight away I’m pretty sure u know the owners will address this in time no doubt the club will get 100s of emails/Twitter messages <ovf censored> moaning at them so they will be aware 

Believe me I’m not very disappointed at the club I would love go Swindon but once I decided I’m going pay on the day and not get a season ticket I’m not going try get one so it’s pub with a few lads and a pint for me 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

It was not directly aimed at joe 

How do u know there is huge bundles of tickets being handed out to fans??

What do u want them to do better at the end of the season at such short notice we were getting 6000 couple months ago unless u want them use Smurf’s fan database 

Give them chance we are not going get the perfect club straight away I’m pretty sure u know the owners will address this in time no doubt the club will get 100s of emails/Twitter messages <ovf censored> moaning at them so they will be aware 

Believe me I’m not very disappointed at the club I would love go Swindon but once I decided I’m going pay on the day and not get a season ticket I’m not going try get one so it’s pub with a few lads and a pint for me 

You still might get a ticket for Swindon away in general sale if you want one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

Unpopular opinion alert.

It is a disgrace that in 2022 the club seems to see this way of selling tickets as acceptable. 

I appreciate everything the Shanahans have done for the club but this farcical approach to ticket selling has been a consistent during their ownership and goes back as far as December 2019 when we drew Man City in the cup.

Given the criticality of selling tickets (our main income stream) it beggars belief that we are so far behind the times with ticket selling.

And you can count on your fingers how many times since the MC game it has been an issue for those that want it to be an issue. It will not matter what / which method will be introduced it will not suit all.

• Like 2

I think it has to make general sale unless a hell of a lot were given out in advance to players, box holders, super fans etc. The ticket office staff can't physically sell that amount of tickets in day.

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Interestingly...Swindon have sold all their 13528 home tickets in just over 2 hours. !

I wonder what ticketing platform they use?

ST 1st then they have what is called a 6 game membership scheme, they have 1st dabs along with the ST holders then general sale 

Advert:

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

No, that’s their standard away allocation. The stewards told us it was what Carlisle got. 

That could have been net too and they're told to say that but I get your point 

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

1hr and 40 for me, hope revamping the online ticketing situation is high on list of priorities over the summer.

Not a defender,MF or a forward?!!

Advert:

Whilst I'm no Bill Gates I'm quite Internet savvy. 5 hours of trying on and off. Unsuccessful. 

Email doesn't match it says despite club sending me weekly newsletters.  Tried resetting password , then says names don't match. Finally says multiple accounts which is definitely untrue. Email to them no reply which I didn't expect anyway. 

I can't get up in person,  can't get through by email or phone. The air has been blue all morning. 

And I totally understand 99% have had no issues but for the 1% like myself I've no idea what to do next. 

Season ticket holder for the Bycars but already reading Railway stand sold out. 

So frustrating. I'm not angry just frustrated as my email ,passwords and names are a million per cent correct. Lost the will for today . 

20 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Railway stand gone grey...No more available still a handful in the Lorne St. I think Hamil will go after that...

I reckon after Sunday more will be freed up in those stands though as some of those will be ST’s being held on reserve and they get released then. Some of those STH’s might have decided try the Hamil instead for instance.