onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

1 minute ago, valiant steve said:

I've just watched the YouTube clip of his career goals, which lasted over nine minutes! He's a goal scorer, proven at L1 level, worked with DC before, DC gets the best out of him.

He reminds me in some ways of Rodney and in some ways of Robbie Earle. Let's hope he has an influence at The Vale as good as Earle had and turns out to be far better than Rodney! 

UTV! 

Jack Stevens? 

Sorry couldn't resist 

Advert

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Wonder if this lined up a couple of days ago.

He's been sub in both league games, has the number one squad number yet didn't make the squad on Tuesday in the Carabao. 

Looks good signing to me .

I agree. 

6 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

The player has just renewed his contract till 2025 with Oxford and if you bother to have a look he’s been very highly rated. Only 25 and plenty of experience in the league. This presumption that we’ve missed out on preferred targets is rubbish and pure conjecture. The only keeper we possibly thought we were in for was Blackman. 
He will provide stiff competition for Stone and if we go off what Oxford fans are saying who have actually seen him play then he seems a very solid addition. 

So that means we missed out on our target then?

Good experience at this level for a decent side so that’s good. Really not a fan of loaning him though. 

Gutted for Gibbo, looks like they were right about him. Such a shame without these injuries he’d be playing higher. 

6 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

I think we just need one more now. Probably a young forward on loan, a la Harratt.

I think DC will want 2 more forwards tbh because of Proc's and Wilsons injury records as that would only leave us with Harrison and a young lad,so as you say we will certainly bring in a young lad though

Very good addition based on his experience and the reaction from Oxford fans on social media. People may moan that it’s only a loan deal but for me if he manages to keep us a few clean sheets, makes plenty of key saves and earns us some points along the way then this deal may be the best of the summer. Blackman only signed a 1 year deal with Exeter to put himself in the shop window, so he’ll no doubt be off next summer anyway if he performs well - so even if we had signed him instead it would likely only have been a 1 year deal anyway. It’s a similar situation with Stevens really, let’s hope the year we get out of him is a cracker then reevaluate the GK situation next summer. Welcome Jack! 

4 minutes ago, Super Sagi Burton said:

Very good addition based on his experience and the reaction from Oxford fans on social media. People may moan that it’s only a loan deal but for me if he manages to keep us a few clean sheets, makes plenty of key saves and earns us some points along the way then this deal may be the best of the summer. Blackman only signed a 1 year deal with Exeter to put himself in the shop window, so he’ll no doubt be off next summer anyway if he performs well - so even if we had signed him instead it would likely only have been a 1 year deal anyway. It’s a similar situation with Stevens really, let’s hope the year we get out of him is a cracker then reevaluate the GK situation next summer. Welcome Jack! 

Spot on.

2 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

The player has just renewed his contract till 2025 with Oxford and if you bother to have a look he’s been very highly rated. Only 25 and plenty of experience in the league. This presumption that we’ve missed out on preferred targets is rubbish and pure conjecture. The only keeper we possibly thought we were in for was Blackman. 
He will provide stiff competition for Stone and if we go off what Oxford fans are saying who have actually seen him play then he seems a very solid addition.

Let's hope you are right then j(o)g(on)pvfc.

Why, having been so previously, do Oxford now no longer believe that he is worthy of being their 1st choice this season? (that is now, when we need to stay in this league, not in future seasons that they have contracted him for)

And I would hope that he is automatic no. 1 for us, as opposed to being "stiff competition for Stone", who IMO is not yet ready for being our no. 1

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Why, having been so previously, do Oxford now no longer believe that he is worthy of being their 1st choice this season? (that is now, when we need to stay in this league, not in future seasons that they have contracted him for)

And I would hope that he is automatic no. 1 for us, as opposed to being "stiff competition for Stone", who IMO is not yet ready for being our no. 1

I think he will start for us as my guess would be that Oxford want that as part of the deal otherwise he might as well stay there on their bench and try get back in.

Both him and Harrison will start on Saturday imo

Gives us breathing space. Club as good as admitted some signings have gone belly up. 

Maybe this gives us 12 months to line up a new keeper and also aids the development of Stone.

No sense leaving Oxford bench for Vale bench , he'll be in the team.

I agree about loans but I think in this instance we've been forced down this road maybe after being rebuffed by others .

3 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

What a slobbering moron you are. 
I’d reply but I don’t understand gibberish. 

Archived