onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

4 or 5? Wilson himself said 2 weeks. 

he's been out for 2 already since the injury.

2 add 2 equals 4 doha! maybe 5 if he needs a week of training. Definitely wrong when I said 8 or more.

also seen the vale account say 'a few weeks' so maybe theyre more cautious?

Advert

27 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Fejiri Okenabirhie signs for Cambridge, great pick up for them. Some fellow relegation battlers strengthening a lot this summer.

Missed a whole season though at Donny so who knows how he will come back?  Decent when fit I know Shrews fans I've spoken to rated him there but got injured once or twice and was moved on to Doncaster.  I actually think it was Askey who signed him for Shrewsbury?

Just to pick up on the excellent point by @Rocky ...

This is forum where we communicate via typed answers. 

With typed replies it's very difficult to read if something is meant in jest, is sarcastic or serious. When people are talking you can obviously see the smile or wink etc - you can't with the typed replies here.

So, I would encourage people to:

• Use things such as the emojis if you're not being serious about a point otherwise it's easy for people to misunderstand.
  • It's also always a good idea to read your post before posting (something I am guilty of not doing myself) just to make sure it's obvious to others.
  • Finally, if there's a post you really disagree with, maybe take two minutes to think about whether you want to reply or not. Sometimes a lot of things are said in anger which are perhaps best left unsaid.

To sum up - just be aware that sometimes it's not immediately obvious to others so please take a breath to check before posting and please use emojis if you're not being serious.

:upthevale:

33 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

good morning delgado and rocky and all others. thank you for the messages.

my view on willow was based on the comments of a family friend of his, i worked in Biddulph for years so know of the wilsons. he picked up the injury mid july and was told he expected to be starting games and 100% fit by early or mid sept if all went to plan, wycombe away i think. guess we will see.

clearly got it wrong so sorry to cause concern on forum but it seems I am not liked on here anyway so doubt any took much notice. 

Grow up Joe. It’s a forum to debate not a popularity contest.

1 minute ago, Alsager Whites said:

he's been out for 2 already since the injury.

2 add 2 equals 4 doha! maybe 5 if he needs a week of training. definitely wrong when i said 8 or more.

Right I see what you mean now, I was going off 8 weeks into the season. 

34 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Anyone else getting big REP vibes?

only started posting on the forum in July according to the profile and now posted over 220 times = 9.1 times per day

Doesn't seem like someone who is new to the forum to me. An old disgraced poster who everyone blocked until they made a new one makes more sense. 

Fejiri Okenabirhie signs for Cambridge, great pick up for them. Some fellow relegation battlers strengthening a lot this summer.
How on earth are we 'relegation battlers' when the season hasn't even started? Every team currently has an equal amount of points the last time I checked

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

How on earth are we 'relegation battlers' when the season hasn't even started? Every team currently has an equal amount of points the last time I checked

I think he's just being realistic. 4 out of the 14 in the mini league below the big 10 spenders will go down, and it'll be tight amongst those clubs I reckon. I think we've got the goods to do it (especially if we can get another striker in), but the first target has to be survival this term. If we're looking good by Christmas then we can start looking upwards. 

Of course every team plays the same number of games, but judging teams from where they were last season we are in position 24. It is up to us to climb up the league and show that we are not. As will happen to teams relegated from the Championship, they will prosper or slip down the league. All to play for.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

4 minutes ago, AMF said:

I think he's just being realistic. 4 out of the 14 in the mini league below the big 10 spenders will go down, and it'll be tight amongst those clubs I reckon. I think we've got the goods to do it (especially if we can get another striker in), but the first target has to be survival this term. If we're looking good by Christmas then we can start looking upwards. 

Thanks for saying it better than I could 🙂, certainly wasn't meant to bash the club, but I do think we have gone into a very tough league. We just need to finish higher than any of Burton/Exeter/Fleetwood/Lincoln/Cambridge/Cheltenham etc

2 minutes ago, Oggydoggy said:

It’s seems we aren’t getting another player in for tomorrow 

Just because an announcement hasn't been made by 12 doesn't mean a deal and registration hasn't been.

1 hour ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Missed a whole season though at Donny so who knows how he will come back?  Decent when fit I know Shrews fans I've spoken to rated him there but got injured once or twice and was moved on to Doncaster.  I actually think it was Askey who signed him for Shrewsbury?

I think it's his Shrews time I had in mind, remember him being very highly thought of when he player there. I guess there's no magic ball with any long term injured players.

Archived