onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Dare i say it and tempt fate, is this the player we have been crying out for since a certain Mr Grant was in his pomp.

Ticks all the boxes .

Exactly what I was thinking from reading Ojo's own description of his style of play.

If he's anything like as good as Grant was for us in League 1 then he'll be a very important cog. Grant was pivotal to us (despite what many on here said at the time about how we didn't need him and would be better off without him 🙄) - when he left we were never the same and inevitably slid towards relegation.

Advert

7 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Think charlsley or Pett will leave.

Why ? The season is a long and demanding one. Considering last season we had so many injuries. We need depth for league 1 

Conlon is still in his very early recovering stages and Walker is going to need catch up on match fitness 

Pett is the vice captain and played nearly every game. He definitely won't leave 

25 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Chuffed with that. Caught a few glimpses of him during my time living in Scotland and went the odd spfl game. 

A versatile midfielder who can play RB and does all the dirty work in midfield and can spread the ball across the park. 

Like someone mentioned. We've been missing a grant style kind of player 

Conlon

Pett

Garrity 

Taylor

Walker

Charsley

Ojo 

That midfield is looking tasty 

I agree.

Walker,Conlon and Taylor need to get completely fit. Taylor will benefit from a pre season this time.

Pett had a hamstring injury but recovered,Charsley has pedigree as he played at U21 Ireland level and was at Everton.

Garrity had a fantastic season...he is eager to learn. You can tell he treats this as his one shot at League football. Much like Connor Hall.

You can never have enough midfielders...we had 3 out at one point last season.

The more,the merrier

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Dare i say it and tempt fate, is this the player we have been crying out for since a certain Mr Grant was in his pomp.

Ticks all the boxes .

God I hope so. I was starting to bore myself with the number of times I’ve said we are crying out for that type of player.

Can't help but think we might be losing a midfielder, I could perhaps get my head around losing Pett and/or Charsley although by paying a fee for Charsley I think they might believe there is more in him. I'd less like to see Taylor move on as he has a lot to offer and with Conlon being injured he's extremely unlikely to move on.

My biggest fear is if Garrity is on another club's radar, he's under contract, I know, but someone might be prepared to pay a fee for him, his stats really do add up, 12 goals from midfield, virtually ever present and a full on gravity denier when it comes to heading the ball. 

Am I just being paranoid?

4 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

Can't help but think we might be losing a midfielder, I could perhaps get my head around losing Pett and/or Charsley although by paying a fee for Charsley I think they might believe there is more in him. I'd less like to see Taylor move on as he has a lot to offer and with Conlon being injured he's extremely unlikely to move on.

My biggest fear is if Garrity is on another club's radar, he's under contract, I know, but someone might be prepared to pay a fee for him, his stats really do add up, 12 goals from midfield, virtually ever present and a full on gravity denier when it comes to heading the ball. 

Or a replacement for Hurst / Amoo??

11 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

hope so, but the club has always said every player is available at the right price

I personally doubt Charsely or Pett are going anywhere.

Both signed by DC & DF and in my opinion both will contribute positively to the team next season in League 1.

If I had to anticipate which player would move on, I'd say Taylor.

Not signed by the matrix, I'm guessing he will be on high wages and I personally think he is too lightweight for what DC likes in a midfielder.

Re: Ben Garrity I’ve heard Adam Yates say on a couple of occasions that if Ben has a similar season this year as he did last season in terms of his rate of improvement then he wouldn’t  be a Vale player next summer. I can see why (Ian Tayloresque in terms of impact and backstory), so might be worth our cashing in before his contract expires - he may be a prime candidate for a January move as Gibbo was last season before his injury?

Archived