Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

3 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I was a fan of Dino Visser when I saw him. Lad was dealt some awful cards at Vale.

Not found a new since leaving us, sadly.

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Carlo Nash is an anagram of Loan Crash.

So does that mean:

a) loan signings won’t go through now

b) the loanees will turn out rubbish

c) nothing

?

Edited by 1
  • Haha 3

Every confidence deals are done or nearly done. We are looking thin on the ground.

Obviously Conlon will miss maybe a month or more, was the Walker injury ever disclosed as to what it was, the time frame between his injury at Hartlepool and Wembley was 6 weeks and i never read once what the actual injury was. Will he be ready and raring to go ?

For me a keeper, RWB, CH and 2 strikers to come yet.

Because Gibbo could play right or left and indeed eventually RCH we could do with another of his type who is comfortable on both sides. 

For example Benning was thrown at RWB once and looked all at sea.

Movement imminent i'm sure .

• Like 3

I liked Lucas, and I certainly wish him well at Chesterfield. I think most were expecting him to move on, as it was evidently clear the management team had lost near but all faith in him. 

With Lucas’ departure, I’m expecting to see a GK join this week - I don’t see why we’d let Lucas go without a replacement already signed. 

Jamal Blackman has been touted by a few - I wouldn’t be against this. Although he’s yet to settle at a club, he’s had a number of fantastic loans to a few big clubs and he could really claim that spot ahead of Stone. 

Advert:

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Every confidence deals are done or nearly done. We are looking thin on the ground.

Obviously Conlon will miss maybe a month or more, was the Walker injury ever disclosed as to what it was, the time frame between his injury at Hartlepool and Wembley was 6 weeks and i never read once what the actual injury was. Will he be ready and raring to go ?

Because Gibbo could play right or left and indeed eventually RCH we could do with another of his type who is comfortable on both sides. 

You've saved me a post there @darren1810 - that's what I would think too.

I suspect today/tomorrow may be busy ahead of the Kidsgrove friendly. I wouldn't expect every place to be filled by then but I would expect one or two at least to be announced.

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

The suggestion that he never made any saves was very harsh though, which is why people defended him. Yes - it's part of his job...but no need to dismiss his time with us as inconsequential?

I don’t think anyone is saying he never made any saves, unless I missed those comments, far from it, he made some outstanding saves.  My point is that any keeper does this given enough games and I don’t feel Lucas was any better than many others in this regard.  Most recently, Stone has made some great saves for example.

Down the line Lucas will no doubt be remembered, but it won’t be for his match winning saves.

You've saved me a post there @darren1810 - that's what I would think too.
I suspect today/tomorrow may be busy ahead of the Kidsgrove friendly. I wouldn't expect every place to be filled by then but I would expect one or two at least to be announced.
Ideally ready for the Spanish trip, is there a date for that?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert:

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

more keeper coaches than keepers!!!!!!!!!!!!😄

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I'm not sure we had a really good keeper under Rudge. Mussy was decent enough, but that's about it. 

Siddal, Williams, Grew, Harrison, Arnold, and a few others all decent imo 

Edited by KEV.WILLIE

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

more keeper coaches than keepers!!!!!!!!!!!!😄

So now is the key moment. They must decide if Stone is going to be number 1 with backup or number 2 with another keeper likely from a higher level than Stone has played coming in or bring in so called competition for the place between broadly equal keepers. I want Stone to be number 1 but I also think he needs to improve on crosses, coming out and distribution. He's actually good at those but relatively there are keepers out there who are better and he can progress. 

• Like 1

Advert:

15 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Siddal, Williams, Grew, Harrison, and a few others all decent imo 

When the Spinosaurus quaffed the cash for Jak Alnwick it was a massive sporting setback for the club. 

Just going off tangent a little... perhaps one of the reasons for fan anxiety is that the club seems to have really tightened up on rumours and loose tongues.

We got next to no warning of the Ojo signing or the Hurst exit. The only reason Covolan's move was rumoured in advance was because he was spotted training with Chesterfield. 

With the club keeping quiet (a great policy in my view) there are less rumours swirling around so I think some people get anxious that no rumours equals no moves.

I don't think that's the case - I think it's simply that there's no news until the club is ready to announce it, which is the way it should be really (yes, I appreciate the irony of me saying this on a Rumours thread).

• Like 4