onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

<ovf censored> me I hope we sign someone tomorrow to move on from the same arguments. Amazingly I never heard anyone challenge Flickers or DC tonight about the lack of transfer activity.

Opening day can't come quick enough.

Advert

Sad what’s happened to this forum recently. Anything said even if constructive is considered moaning / panicking ect and being met with some pretty rude responses. The one from lancytony for example. now those with a different view being blocked, no wonder so many decent posters keep leaving what was a great forum. 

50 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

FFS!!!!! Will you people stop using this as a stick? Get it in your thick heads you don't have to be face-to-face anymore to hold a conversation! For example - I'm ranting at this poster and i have no idea where he is or what he looks like...and it doesn't bloody matter!

We’re all vale fans. Embarrassing post. 

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Sad what’s happened to this forum recently. Anything said even if constructive is considered moaning / panicking ect and being met with some pretty rude responses. The one from lancytony for example. now those with a different view being blocked, no wonder so many decent posters keep leaving what was a great forum. 

Its become microcosm of social media. 

4 hours ago, Emile said:

It's huge! I moved to Austria to work for one of the biggest producers of film and film products worldwide. In the last 5 years the demand is sky high. Now all big movies are being shot on film also, more darkrooms opening up again etc etc. Checkout analogue Wonderland if you are looking for a place to buy goods (you might be able to get super 8 although my company only make 16mm)  PM me if you wanna chat Film or just wanna get hold of some 35mm, 120 etc and I'll get some sent over 🙂

My granddaughter's school uses it in their class. Kids being taught traditional methods in Arts is a good thing, imo!

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

As was mentioned at the meeting, bringing a new player in on a much higher wage than the existing players in the squad risks upsetting the harmony of the entire changing room, so it’s not simply about being able to pay such amounts to one individual, we’d then have to significantly increase the wages of the entire squad to maintain parity, which would be ridiculous.

To some extent I agree GR but there has to be some wiggle room/scope to pay the going rate and players have to be mature as from what I understand generally strikers (Especially those with a goal scoring record) are paid more than midfield players who are paid more than defenders who are paid more than goalkeepers but it's no where near absolute as other factors like age/experience etc are taken into consideration.

I'm not advocating breaking the bank and 6k/week for a Lge 1 player sounds a lot of money but in a free market the "Going rate" has to be paid to get the players the club wants not whatever the crazy money salaries are.

Differentials in salaries/benefits happens all the time in every profession/job and management has to manage it and the expectations.

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

Yeah that's it. Imagine we brought someone in now for £6k a week. If I'm James Wilson or Tom Conlon I'd be knocking the managers door down first thing in the morning asking where my pay-rise is and to be honest I think from their perspective they'd be right to.

Isn't this the exact scenario we encountered with bringing in Chris Hussey and then Gibbo wanting a similar wage?

48 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

How could I block someone who went through what you did to get to the playoff final!? 😂

Ha ha!

I will never ever forget that day.I was talking to someone about it the other day!

Last season definitely brought the club and the fans closer together. That day was meant to be that way and for Darrell Clarke,it was written in the stars.

I'll take consolidation next season IC...

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’m fairly confident that fans would’ve been a lot more patient if the club just came out and say no signings yet, we’re still wading through d***heads.  Come on Carol tell it straight.

Fair point that, Ray - knowing we're wading through that kind of people looking for the genuine character who buys into building the club...not just chasing the coin...might have led to a bit less angst on here? Only a bit, though!

23 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Isn't this the exact scenario we encountered with bringing in Chris Hussey and then Gibbo wanting a similar wage?

I don’t know as to be quite honest I’ve no idea what we are paying Hussey. I’m making an assumption we haven’t smashed our wage structure to sign him. I’m not sure it’d be exactly the same as in Gibbons case he was a free agent and Wilson and Conlon definitely are not so the latter is more likely to cause issues in terms of dressing room harmony.

I can understand Carol and DC being out there , but for the life of me can not understand why DF and Garlic were there , and you answer most peoples concerns with your statement "recruitment is a continuous process "  , ours seems to have hit a wall , surely they would have had recruits lined up before the end of last season (depending on which League we were going to be in ) we have been told that they are continually looking at targets
I think people forget that CG held the club together against the work of smurth to keep us as a football club and was instrumental in carol and Kevin's negotiations with smurth and the takeover. Are you saying that after the misery he had to work through, with a skeleton staff and under resourced that he can't have a working holiday with carol and the team? I think he's worth it.

2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

...Whether we had someone to give them a guided tour is pretty minor. In any case there's been a lot of work ongoing to the stadium so maybe during that time they were away it wasn't really ideal to show them round at that time... 

The presentation / tour was enough to persuade Kian Harratt to sign, earlier than his club expected him to go on loan.

Archived