onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I can understand Carol and DC being out there , but for the life of me can not understand why DF and Garlic were there , and you answer most peoples concerns with your statement "recruitment is a continuous process "  , ours seems to have hit a wall , surely they would have had recruits lined up before the end of last season (depending on which League we were going to be in ) we have been told that they are continually looking at targets

Recruitment is a team effort, they are all part of that team , it’s great they were all there to discuss targets without any day to day interruptions

Advert

4 minutes ago, mvb said:

I can understand Carol and DC being out there , but for the life of me can not understand why DF and Garlic were there , and you answer most peoples concerns with your statement "recruitment is a continuous process "  , ours seems to have hit a wall , surely they would have had recruits lined up before the end of last season (depending on which League we were going to be in ) we have been told that they are continually looking at targets

DF and Garlic can work just as well out there as in Burslem, all part of the bonding system.

4 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Recruitment is a team effort, they are all part of that team , it’s great they were all there to discuss targets without any day to day interruptions

I'd rather they'd have spoken on Zoom and met signings in person than vice versa! Clarke would be busy running training sessions most of the day.

I question a recruitment policy which leaves us with 2 empty seats on the bench, just over a week before the start of the season.
I also question the need for the owner and Director of Football to go on a training expedition to Spain when it could be easier to recruit players by staying in the UK. 
Asking questions and scrutinising processes is what I'll do as a supporter covering 5 decades. 
You can't be blinded by the positives (like the new membership scheme) in recognising concerns. My concern is that we're underrepresented on the playing side for a tough campaign, where EVERY GAME MATTERS
Surely you'd want the manager to meet the new player and the player would want to meet the manager he was going to be working for.

Maybe DC should of stayed behind.

But then again, the players would really want the manager there with them on the training camp.

What a headache....

I might suggest at the forum tonight that any future training camps should be held within an hours drive of Burslem, so everyone is happy.

I'd rather they'd have spoken on Zoom and met signings in person than vice versa! Clarke would be busy running training sessions most of the day.

That’s your preference not mine , I have absolutely no issue with zoom , it certainly beats Rudge days of securing deals by phone only ( happened quite a few times )

24 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

Rudgie managed it OK and without the Backroom Staff they have got today.

Nor did any other L1 club have the backroom staff they have today, when every game is recorded and analysed . No more sitting on a draughty bench in Rhyl.

The Fans Forum tonight might enlighten supporters.

I have faith in the Management Team and the Recruitment Team.

However they have decided not to go down the Conventional Route and make early signings and play more friendlies and that has obviously made some fans a little concerned for the season ahead.

I just hope we play entertaining football, see the attendances improve again and comfortably stay clear of the relegation zone.

I would be delighted with 55 to 60 points.

UTV

40 minutes ago, mvb said:

This was explained in the video Carol, DC and flickers did.

Lots of new back room staff, Flickers is their boss, they need to work together. Face to face preferred.

Successful business woman Carol, 5 promotions under his belt DC, and DoF Flitcroft with years of football experience all thought it was a great idea.

Bloke on forum didn’t.

Oh well.

57 minutes ago, aspin for england said:

As a supporter covering 5 decades , born in 85 ?

Technically it's true, sounds longer than saying 37 years so that's why he's gone for it.

1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010', and 2020's

If I had the time I'd go back and see what posts these people questioning the lack of signing were making last summer when we offloaded 15 players and rebuilt. We all know that RZ got it wrong and there will be more. Possibly learning nothing from what has happened in the last 12 months.

3 hours ago, tisdeano said:

He’d be a decent addition , and replace JT position as well as been able to play even further up the pitch

I think he is only 24 as well so with the right deal(if of course we are actually in for him) he could become a saleable asset as well

Archived