• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

They are already asking on Up the Saddlers for their fans to respect DC which is nice to hear....

After there Darrells at the wheel in the home fixture where we were putting in our worst performance of the season to date .

There support were brilliant that day helped by winning but I'm sure the SVA can encourage Vale to the rafters sat and get us a positive result a draw minimum but 3 points are needed after standards slipped v Rovers .

UTV 

Advert:

Anyone without a ticket that wants to watch without giving money to Smalsall directly, sign up, stand about for a good cause for a bit before the game and get a free ticket in to watch, jobs a good'un

https://twitter.com/AcornsHospice/status/1516753805236441094?s=20&t=cF2EzJWuAX1poeC-i5nxPQ

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hoppers said:

DC doesn't come in for a load of abuse

If we’re winning he’ll get some chants aimed at him but I can’t see any personal abuse aimed at him. It’ll be nothing like the fixture at urs. 

barrow beat forest green but barrow are still fighting to stay up. Our fans was arguing and chanting against our own players at Rochdale for lack of effort/fight. Most of this squad know they are going and already on the beach and our manager spoke out publicly against some of them he wants out even ones on long term contracts . We’ve just got rid of our director of football too. Honestly if you can’t beat this lot ( even with our record history against you lot) then there’s something seriously wrong. 

Edited by Walsallfan
  • Like 3

Advert:

If we’re winning he’ll get some chants aimed at him but I can’t see any personal abuse aimed at him. It’ll be nothing like the fixture at urs. 

barrow beat forest green but barrow are still fighting to stay up. Our fans was arguing and chanting against our own players at Rochdale for lack of effort/fight. Most of this squad know they are going and already on the beach and our manager spoke out publicly against some of them he wants out even ones on long term contracts . We’ve just got rid of our director of football too. Honestly if you can’t beat this lot ( even with our record history against you lot) then there’s something seriously wrong. 
It could go one of two ways. Either your team will be completely half hearted so that they don't get injured in case they are moving on at the end of the season or they play with complete freedom, knowing that even if what they try doesn't come off that it doesn't really matter. That makes it a dangerous game for me. Pressure can do funny things....we have to win and so players can start to get desperate and nervy.

An early goal would settle things down but away from home we often try and keep it tight first half.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert:

3 hours ago, Walsallfan said:

Sounds like a lot of the crap we have had here over the last few years - hopefully youll come out of it without dropping out the league - I feel for Oldham, but no one is guaranteed anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Nipped by training today, saw that Pett and Gibbo joined in some of it. 

dunna be getting our hopes up - if they don't start on Saturday its your fault 😁👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

It could go one of two ways. Either your team will be completely half hearted so that they don't get injured in case they are moving on at the end of the season or they play with complete freedom, knowing that even if what they try doesn't come off that it doesn't really matter. That makes it a dangerous game for me. Pressure can do funny things....we have to win and so players can start to get desperate and nervy.

An early goal would settle things down but away from home we often try and keep it tight first half.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Hopefully they put in a performance similar to our bunch of petals did on the last day against Mansfield last season 🌺

Advert:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

dunna be getting our hopes up - if they don't start on Saturday its your fault 😁👍

They were involved in everything I saw. I probably got there about halfway through though. Maybe too early for them to start on Saturday, but who knows. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

What is all the hype about Pett and Gibbo for? Some on here have lambasted Jake Taylor for " not being up to it" after his extended injury break. How can you therefore expect Pett or Gibbo to be totally fit and up to speed after their injuries? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2