• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Advert:

20 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

What is all the hype about Pett and Gibbo for? Some on here have lambasted Jake Taylor for " not being up to it" after his extended injury break. How can you therefore expect Pett or Gibbo to be totally fit and up to speed after their injuries? 

If Vale want to keep the three in central midfield then surely Taylor has to start. He'll be sharper for that time on Saturday and surely he's not going to be pressed as much by a lower ranked side. I know it's not his natural position but I thought he tried hard but just wasn't as sharp as someone who had a run of games in him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Up and at em from the off tomorrow.

Crowd will give the players great support.

Team will give their all.

I'm sure Andy Crosby knows his team and he's done well so far hasnt he?

Three games left to get as many points as we can.

One game at a time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, robf said:

If Vale want to keep the three in central midfield then surely Taylor has to start. He'll be sharper for that time on Saturday and surely he's not going to be pressed as much by a lower ranked side. I know it's not his natural position but I thought he tried hard but just wasn't as sharp as someone who had a run of games in him.

I just don’t think he’s good enough or strong enough to start the game if he does start and has had a cracking game I’ll take my hat off to him but I doubt it 

Posted (edited)

Neither Wilson nor Proctor played in the first game against Walsall. I know Proctor came on but he was clearly not himself and thrown on too soon. Those two fired up and playing in a steady run of games is a different kettle of fish for a shaky defence. I fully expect Proctor to be the best player on the pitch and get a couple tomorrow.

Edited by 1

Advert:

I think this is going to be a really scrappy game in the middle, and Jones is one of the hardest battling players we have. I would put him in with HC and Garrity and get Pett into the action for as long as he can manage later on.

There are no easy games! If we all not at 8 out of 10 then we will be in trouble. I really hope we are at them from the off and hopefully we can get the three points.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

They have won 4 out of 5 at home so wont be easy this one. 

We have won our last 4 away games. Also saw a article earlier about last time we won 5 away in a row was in 2012 during our last promotion season.

Time to get bang up for this one . It’s fair to say we owe them!

The 5 nil home defeat against Page’s team in L1 when they were pushing for promotion still irritates me.

Let’s takeover the stadium and out sing em. Push the players on to out run, out battle em and score a few goals to put right the pitiful performance against Walsall at home.

We want get another chance to put it right for at least 12 another months…..

L1 here we come.

• Like 2

Advert:

I'm cacking myself again. Starting to think it's better for my anxiety to have nowt to play for.
I don't mind that in L1 but not in L2. Another season in L2 would be more pressure, but we would have more experience.
  • Like 1

I'm cacking myself again. Starting to think it's better for my anxiety to have nowt to play for.

I know the feeling, it’s harder being the hunted than the hunter as we know how its ours to lose. In say Bristol Rovers position it’s a bonus to nick it now. The pressure ramps up for us.

Tomorrow is absolutely massive in the promotion race, lose we could be down to 5th knowing Rovers face an awful Rochdale and even worse Scunthorpe outfit and it’s likely over for us in terms of automatic.

Win and with results elsewhere we could be on the verge of promotion (and may even be up before we play again) and thus jobs done.

It’s such a huge swing in potential fortune.

Oddly a draw with results elsewhere if we had a three point gap plus our goal difference wouldn’t be the end of the world but a win here is massive and means regardless of elsewhere it’s going to see us in contention on the last day.

We’ve got to go and do a job, ultimately what anyone else does means nothing if we win the last three so whilst a draw Monday would have made a world of difference with our goal difference we have a chance to put that right tomorrow and it’s going to be a tense afternoon, I just pray we get the win we need and results mean one more win will do it from the last two.

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

We have won our last 4 away games. Also saw a article earlier about last time we won 5 away in a row was in 2012 during our last promotion season.

We won the last 5 on the bounce in 1994 to clinch a glorious promotion at the Goldstone Ground.

It's a game we have to win in my opinion. Keep winning and it puts pressure on others to match our results.

We need to keep our nerve and our discipline and go out there and impose ourselves on the opposition. Sometimes I feel that we try and feel our way into a game too much, particularly away from home. Start fast, try and bag a couple of goals and then hold our nerve.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

Advert: