• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

12 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

If we are forced to but Hall is our best defender.

Hussey is also available but we need to ensure we get goals and work their defence better than we did against Bristol but I think we will win in a nervous match 2-1🤞

Advert:

It comes down to discipline and physicality. Keep our heads and stand up strong, then it’s ours to take. Forget about Monday now, we’re pretty admirable at bouncing back so it’s into the next against a much weaker team who’s only hope is if we go in licking our wounds. Going int this with the same midfield 3 is asking for trouble, and I can’t see it happening personally. I’m sure Crosby will change it around with what little options he has available.

Posted (edited)

Backed by sell out away ends and a considerable amount in home areas I think there's no reason why we cannot bounce back on sat .

Walsall are safe so nowt play for for them however there is contracts to play so there's always something play for professional pride for one .

Hope T Pett is back I'd expect a hastily arranged behind closed doors game be played  if he can be put back in this week also Gibbons .

Hope DC is back on the bench we need him more than ever .

Good luck Vale 

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

If Hussey is available (and assuming Pett and Walker are still out) then he is a possibility to play defensive midfield. 

This management team have proved that they get things right far more often than they get things wrong, based on our phenomenal form and the fact that we rarely lose! 

We have three really tough games left. On paper, Walsall should be the easiest. We all know our record against them. 🙈

If we can add an away win at Walsall to some of our other away wins, such as Swindon, then we deserve to go up.

Like AC says, see where we are after 46 games. If we're top 3, job done. If not, prepare for the excitement of the play offs! 

UTV! 

7 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

I think Hussey starting isn't a terrible shout. The guy has experienced promotion run ins & his delivery from set plays is phenomenal. Could be the difference in a tight game.

Not sure about Hussey, his delivery from set pieces "has been" phenomenal but he looks like he has run out of steam. You can see his experience/arrogance but I think he is one of those January buys that you later regret. Often known as a journeyman, maybe took the best deal he could before dropping into non league. One of those players who's legs have gone as they say. I am happy for him to prove me wrong though. 

Advert:

No way is Hussey the player we thought we were signing. Bloke has long gone past it sadly. Not sure deliveries are enough to warrant a start either only equates to a small percentage of the actual game. I think Charsley could do the DM role. He’s got a good engine and is quite snappy in the tackle. Always seems to get a little nick on the ball just to slow the opposition. Don’t have to be a big burly player to play that role. Pett ain’t a physical player neither was Joyce.  What we really lacked on Monday was someone savvy. Bristols player was ref in that game and we had no answer to it.  Not saying that’s why we lost at all but it certainly didn’t help our cause either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought for a long time now that Walsall would be the crunch match for our promotion chances it's sod's law.They have had a poor season but in our home match with them they bullied us out of the game. They had Ladabie kicking lumps out of anything in a white shirt.Did not help of course that Procter was on the comeback from injury and had to come on late in the game.Now is the time for payback i know we have a problem with who is going to play a defensive midfielder could be a good shout about charsley got a tackle in him can cover the ground and got a pass in him.It all depends if Gibbo or pett can make it but saying that walsall have there problems they have Wilkinson out which means they are short on goals they have 3 statues at the back they are not a big team so its up to us to go at them from the off and keep our foot down on them.With the great support from the stands i am very confident that we can easily beat these and that puts pressure back on the the likes of sutton,northampton, and bristol.

Advert:

Absolute state of some Walsall fans on social media taking the piss over a supporters group calling for them not to be abusive again following DCs bereavement. 

Team talk sorted. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, valefan16 said:

We just need a win here by hook or by crook and then Sky have probably done us a huge favour, win this give the lads a few days off as we have 9 days between games to recharge and get the injuries sorted I imagine we will have at least a couple back for Newport and Wozza and Hussey up to fitness.

Being shown on Sky and pushed back to the Monday could be a big helping hand with other teams playing on the Saturday if Northampton or Rovers drop points. I assume they won't but if they do it could relieve some pressure going into the Newport game. The downside is if we still have to win on the Monday just to stay in third, then it's a shorter turnaround for the much tougher fixture against Exeter. 

21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Being shown on Sky and pushed back to the Monday could be a big helping hand with other teams playing on the Saturday if Northampton or Rovers drop points. I assume they won't but if they do it could relieve some pressure going into the Newport game. The downside is if we still have to win on the Monday just to stay in third, then it's a shorter turnaround for the much tougher fixture against Exeter. 

My hope for Exeter is that they are already promoted but cannot be Champions, so apart from kudos and win bonus have nothing to play for.

• Like 1