Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

Now is the time to assert our superiority over the Saddlers, put all those poor results into the past. Relax, then focus on the plan and team for Saturday. Any players to come back for the battle in midfield? Amoo for some speed and freshness on the wing? Concentrate and put your heart and souls into it, no time for nerves, 5th away win on the trot,  and 3 points back up the M6 please.

FGR v Gas a 6 pointer to watch, FGR 1 point for promotion.

AC/DC Black and White Army

Advert:

This will be a very tense match.  A lot is riding on it for the fans, players and staff at Vale. 

But if the players play like we know they can, relaxed and flowing football on the ground then we will come away with 3 points.

Now I've calmed down from the disappointment overall Easter hasn't been too bad, if you offered me status quo as it was Thursday and we would gain 3 points on Mansfield I would probably have taken it at the time. If we lost to Hartlepool but Bristol Rovers we'd be buzzing today for example.

We can get the 7 points required and more than likely only need 4 or 5.

• Like 4

Bristol v FGR draw would be nice

Everyones catch up games are next tuesday:

• Exeter City19:45Barrow

• Mansfield Town19:45Stevenage

• Sutton United19:45Crawley Town

• Swindon Town19:45Forest Green Rovers

Advert:

This could be the ideal fixture for us. It’s clear all is not well at Walsall even with Flynn in charge and believe they lost Wilkinson to an ACL also. Doesn’t seem like Rodney has set the world on fire either there since joining. Think all AC needs to do is show the lads the video of the last time we played them as well as some of the disgusting chants they aimed at DC and that should be all the motivation needed to put things right.

Going to be the first away game will be sat in the home end as couldn’t get a ticket for the away end. Anyone else doing the home stands for this? Will just have to keep quiet for the 90.

• Like 1

Can't see how we solve the defensive midfield situation if Pett and Walker are out still. 

Would be good to get some of the injured back in to give us a boost. 

going to be a tough 3 games 🤞

We just need a win here by hook or by crook and then Sky have probably done us a huge favour, win this give the lads a few days off as we have 9 days between games to recharge and get the injuries sorted I imagine we will have at least a couple back for Newport and Wozza and Hussey up to fitness.

• Like 1

Advert:

We have to be up for a a physically tough test again. Possibly more so as the dirty tactics will be out in force, but without Walsall having the ability to hold any possession spells. They obviously treat this as their Champions League final, so anything less than emptying the tank and we can forget about 3 points. The worst performances, Colchester, Mansfield away days etc. have been followed by a fantastic response, and that’s what will be required on Saturday. 

It might be no coincidence that the only 2 games we’ve lost since Swindon where we played without a defensive midfielder were yesterday and Colchester away.  However, yesterday’s team selection in that area was enforced but Colchester was a choice (both Pett and Walker were on the bench).  For Colchester we definitely weren’t played off the park (arguably we were in midfield yesterday) and though we were pi$$ poor across the team at Colchester, the lack of a DM didn’t seem an issue for the coaching staff for them to select one in the first place or even bring one on as a sub.  I guess what I’m asking is how much of a disadvantage of having no fit defensive midfielder playing will it it be, when the opposition are Walsall rather than BR?  In a must win game should having a DM be a mute point anyways and we should play with the attitude of we’ll score more goals than you and just expect score lines might be 4-3, 5-4, 6-5……?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Bristol v FGR draw would be nice

Everyones catch up games are next tuesday:

• Exeter City19:45Barrow
  • Mansfield Town19:45Stevenage
  • Sutton United19:45Crawley Town
  • Swindon Town19:45Forest Green Rovers

Surely we want a FGR WIN here.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'd agree. I don't care if we finish first, second or third - all three teams go up, so I'd be delighted for us to take third and be very pleased if FGR pick up three points against a chasing club. Ditto Exeter when they play Northampton...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

3 hours ago, 1 said:

We have to be up for a a physically tough test again. Possibly more so as the dirty tactics will be out in force, but without Walsall having the ability to hold any possession spells. They obviously treat this as their Champions League final, so anything less than emptying the tank and we can forget about 3 points. The worst performances, Colchester, Mansfield away days etc. have been followed by a fantastic response, and that’s what will be required on Saturday. 

My Walsall mate reckons we will only have ourselves to blame if we don’t stiffen them.The team are getting dogs abuse recently.