onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Playoff positions all but sorted?

mickyferns

Advert

Just looking at the table and there's only 7th place up for grabs for those outside the playoffs without a remarkable run off results that is. Crawley are in 6th with an 8 point gap and 2 games in hand so it looks like there's half a dozen teams scrapping for one final place, doesn't look good.

tbh, i don't know why anyone is bothered about the last play off position? when safety from relegation should be our main and most probable reason for interest :(

SAD BUT TRUE .

The top six are averaging 2pts per game.

We are 12 pts behind (57pts).

Even if we win the next 8 we will have 69pts, the chances are the top six will have 69 also.

We would need a few of those top six sides having disastrous runs tbh unless we are lucky enough to claim 7th.

It's a poor league so you can never say never

Oxfords next 2 games are to home to barnet and macc so thats 6pts for them and the top 7 pretty much out of site by next weekend for everyone.

It's never that simple & I see you didn't mention their two games after Barnet & Macc - Swindon & Shrewsbury.

I'd settle now for having to beat them on May 5th to get into the playoffs.

The trouble with only chasing one play off spot and 5/6 teams chasing it is that you can't really afford any slip ups.

If we lost at Northampton and against Crewe and Oxford won, we would be 8 points adrift and unlikely to get in the play offs..

It's absolutely vital we carry on picking points up.

But I'm sure Oxford may have a dip in form?..

It's a tough ask and I'm not sure we are good enough to go on a winning streak of games but you never know with vale.

Marshall shuker and birchall will certainly help our chances .

Archived