onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Taking the knee.

shian

54 minutes ago, Wrex said:

On the subject of racism. I do wonder if Frank Sinclair would be getting singled out so much if he was white. If Gerry Taggart had come to the club to coach the youth team last season would he be getting the blame for disrupting the dressing room?

Oh do give over. There is zero evidence that it's race related. It's (rumoured to be) very much related to actions and attitudes and you do yourself and anti-racism in general no favours by inventing what isn't there. Let's focus on battling real injustices, eh?

Advert

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Anyone with a disability deserves to live a better life,along with many other people but I'm not sure that taking a knee would help their cause.

You’re either dafter than you usually sound or you’re purposely missing the point if you think he was asking if disabled people should be taking a knee. 

21 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I see everyone is avoiding the question again.

Would there be the same level of controversy if the movement was about generating equality for disabled people.

Would people be so against Disabled lives matter... @For Us All? Are you brave enough to answer?

Personally I think it would have a similar reception. The vast majority of people (those that are not cretins) are in favour of BLM. However I think the Kneeling has now gone on too long and lost the affect it originally had. Imo if there was a similar thing for disabled people it would also lose traction this far down the line. (Judging by the amount of racism being picked up on social media at the moment it’s not exactly working) 

i also don’t think those that want the kneeling stopped are racist (the majority anyway) but want politics removed from football where it really doesn’t have much place. 

I agree with an earlier post it seems it’s a case of you have to do this, rather  than it being a personal choice. 

There has to be a better more impactful way of getting the message across? 

The issue here is taking the knee and Black Lives Matters. I don't want to conflate with disability discrimination or sexual discrimination etc. But I will raise Sky coverage of football. They are practicing positive discrimination in the use of black pundits this season. They are stuffing sports news with every opportunity to talk about an initiative that promotes black interests and they give undue coverage of abuse on social media. 

I do have a lot of sympathy with this. I think all the pundits they put up are actually very good in their own right. 

But I have also had enough of this press ganging and hectoring. Over and over again being rammed with Black Lives Matters. One might notice that on the pitch black players have significant over representation and don't seem to be discriminated against at all.

I am going to take a rest from it over the summer by disabling Sky Sports for a couple of months. I need the football coverage they provide, so I will switch them on again at the start of the season. Yes that will cause them to lose income. My signalling is please be proportionate.

23 minutes ago, Warren said:

The issue here is taking the knee and Black Lives Matters. I don't want to conflate with disability discrimination or sexual discrimination etc. But I will raise Sky coverage of football. They are practicing positive discrimination in the use of black pundits this season. They are stuffing sports news with every opportunity to talk about an initiative that promotes black interests and they give undue coverage of abuse on social media. 

I do have a lot of sympathy with this. I think all the pundits they put up are actually very good in their own right. 

But I have also had enough of this press ganging and hectoring. Over and over again being rammed with Black Lives Matters. One might notice that on the pitch black players have significant over representation and don't seem to be discriminated against at all.

I am going to take a rest from it over the summer by disabling Sky Sports for a couple of months. I need the football coverage they provide, so I will switch them on again at the start of the season. Yes that will cause them to lose income. My signalling is please be proportionate.

Tut tut tut, fancy resorting to ‘cancel culture’ Warren.

Are you basing your view solely on soccer Saturday, as there are far more white presenters involved in the football coverage. 

Also, are you as outraged about the lack of black managers.

And are you really calling the highlighting of racist abuse on social media ‘undue coverage’? Have you seen some of what is said? 

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

Anyone with a disability deserves to live a better life,along with many other people but I'm not sure that taking a knee would help their cause.We perhaps need to look at other ways of sending out the message?I see that Brentford are the latest club who believe that the demonstration is no longer having an impact.

But would they get booed?

I agree the impact is waning and it’s fine to think about how to reinvigorate the debate. Which is exactly what Brentford players have said... they have NOT said they disagree with taking the knee but the messages on there social media show a bunch of Neanderthals completely misconstruing the statement they have made as a victory for them. 

The point is FUA people don’t want to boo the knee because of its lack of impact ... that’s a different discussion.

Would Disabled lives matter have been vilified the way BLM was? No it wouldn’t.

You know it, but like many, don’t want to face up to that reality because it opens up questions that people don’t want to face around unconscious bias and the problems that the black community face. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Personally I think it would have a similar reception. The vast majority of people (those that are not cretins) are in favour of BLM. However I think the Kneeling has now gone on too long and lost the affect it originally had. Imo if there was a similar thing for disabled people it would also lose traction this far down the line. (Judging by the amount of racism being picked up on social media at the moment it’s not exactly working) 

i also don’t think those that want the kneeling stopped are racist (the majority anyway) but want politics removed from football where it really doesn’t have much place. 

I agree with an earlier post it seems it’s a case of you have to do this, rather  than it being a personal choice. 

There has to be a better more impactful way of getting the message across? 

So you think if the movement was disabled lives matter people would have booed and been openly against the movement immediately?

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Warren lists his interests as Mindfulness, Buddhism, Kindness.

It’s a good job you are interested in them Warren because you are pretty rubbish at them and need lots and lots of practice! 😂

11 hours ago, toyahw said:

Having a bust knee, I couldn't do it anyway. Which spares me the moral dilemma.

11 hours ago, toyahw said:

Having a bust knee, I couldn't do it anyway. Which spares me the moral dilemma.

why do you think we have so many kne😄e injuries????

On 14/02/2021 at 14:33, Mellor! said:

They've even got women on Sky Sports as well now Warren! It's a bloody disgrace 😡

I am OK with that; they generally say something sensible. In fact I can't recall any pundits on Sky Sports I don't like individually. 

Archived