Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I wanted the Barnet captain, but he went to FGR.

We've been stung with 'non-league' buys in the past but there is plenty talent there if you've got good scouts.

Ricardo Santos? Ex-Peterborough? He's a specimen that guy!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

I honestly despair with some Vale fans... Is it bred into our DNA that we have to seek out negativity???? As I'm typing this, we've have just launched the nicest football strip I can remember, desig

Posted Images

Whitehead was a member of Askey's 17/18 promotion campaign, before moving to Salford and achieving promotion there too.

He played against us in both away games vs Salford last year, before moving in January on loan to rejoin Macc.

This effectively just leaves the forward to sign.

Visser and AN Other will be competing for the backup job over the coming weeks.

The club has now to focus their efforts on securing a forward that will turn the team from a very solid, hard-working, effective team, to one with that bit of gold-dust quality in the final third to have us battling in the top 7.

Edited by Joe B

Back to Whitehead - it's a decent squad signing this. I'd imagine that Manny, Joyce and Conlon/Burgess will likely be first choice but Whitehead will add good competition for sure.

He's in the same mould as Burgess - energetic and will run all day. I reckon he has a goal in him too if he's given license to get forward.

Didn't realise he signed for West Ham from Stockport early on in his career either!

Solid signing for me.

• Like 2

Advert:

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Back to Whitehead - it's a decent squad signing this. I'd imagine that Manny, Joyce and Conlon/Burgess will likely be first choice but Whitehead will add good competition for sure.

He's in the same mould as Burgess - energetic and will run all day. I reckon he has a goal in him too if he's given license to get forward.

Didn't realise he signed for West Ham from Stockport early on in his career either!

Solid signing for me.

I'm a little bit concerned that all our signings can be described as 'steady, squad signings' though.

Don't get me wrong, they're needed. But we need that 1/2 players of top-end quality if we want top 7.

I don't know if we'll be seeing Clark/Taylor back after the Mills and Whitehead signings.

Edited by Joe B

Our midfield looks very good, to think we had Tonge, Pugh and Kay only a couple of season ago now we seem stacked with energy which is crucial to how we play with the high press.

Taylor on loan would be great too but we managed well enough second half of the season for him not to be imperative, but we look very strong at the moment.

As said, if we can just push the boat out enough for a decent hit man and that could have us challenging top 3. 

• Like 3

Advert:

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Even without the Macc connection, Whitehead seems to be a typical Askey type player, and, as we’ve seen, there’s nowt wrong with that.

100% agree. A strong midfield, if Manny's hamstrings can be held together with sticky tape.

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm a little bit concerned that all our signings can be described as 'steady, squad signings' though.

Don't get me wrong, they're needed. But we need that 1/2 players of top-end quality if we want top 7.

I don't know if we'll be seeing Clark/Taylor back after the Mills and Whitehead signings.

Yeah I agree. I don't mind so much in midfield, as Liverpool just won the league with a workmanlike Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum.

But I am hoping the forward will be of a decent pedigree.

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Yeah I agree. I don't mind so much in midfield, as Liverpool just won the league with a workmanlike Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum.

But I am hoping the forward will be of a decent pedigree.

Our squad is solid everywhere. Good professionals who work hard, fit the system, do the job etc.

One bit of magic to match Worrall and we're locked and loaded, imo.

Advert:

55 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Whithead would be decent enough if that rumour was true,would cost a fee as well i think

Why would he be decent? What piece of information can you give that suggests he won’t be a terrible bit part player. He is 26 so hardly young enough to develop.

4 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Why would he be decent? What piece of information can you give that suggests he won’t be a terrible bit part player. He is 26 so hardly young enough to develop.

Bit far that mate.

Two promotions from the Conference in back to back years, signed by big money Salford. Obviously they went a bit mental with signing O'Connor, Gibson etc so he was forced out in January after playing half the season for them.

At worst he's a decent League 2 option. 'Terrible bit part' is a tad hyperbolic. What piece of information can you give to suggest he will be a terrible bit part player?

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1