Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

30 minutes ago, dishydave said:

A 2 year contract tells us he's not here to make up the numbers otherwise Askey would of just give him 12 months like the squad filers last year

as Macc fans always said... Askey doesn’t need money, he needs time.

Some clear long term plays with 2 and 3 year contracts to build his squad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

I honestly despair with some Vale fans... Is it bred into our DNA that we have to seek out negativity???? As I'm typing this, we've have just launched the nicest football strip I can remember, desig

Posted Images

Surely the best way to judge a player is how he performed for the same manager in the same system previously.
As previously mentioned, my mate is a Macc fans and says Askey knows how to get the best out of Danny. His words were:
"Absolute class, was far far too good for the conference, only stayed there when we got promoted because Salford offered him silly money. Would be a great signing"
Im happy!

Spot on. Let's Judge the lad on what he does on the pitch.
It says a lot to me that West Ham and Wigan have both signed him out of non league. They must have seen something in him. Ok he didn't cut it at that level, but he has proven twice he is better than non league level. Askey knows what he can do, and Macc plainly love him as the keep going back in for him. That is probably largely because of what Askey got out of him in their promotion year.
Personally I trust a manager who has turned us from relegation fodder to promotion material in 12 months.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Whitehead is a right side attacking midfielder and competition for Burgess while Taylor is a left sided attacking midfielder and competition for Conlon....as above stated this signing must mean that Manny will compete with Joyce for the central holding midfield role which is where Manny played winning player of the season and getting a move to Vale...it will be interesting to see where Askey sees Hurst playing either front left or left midfield....by all accounts a real talent.

Fascinating battle for the midfield places shaping up next season now. Manny is in my opinion our classiest player by far. If he is now over his injury issues he must be the first name on the team sheet. That leaves conlon, Burgess, Joyce, and Whitehead battling for the remaining 2 central positions. Wouldn't like to be in JA's shoes. That said, I think all will get games at some point with injuries suspensions and loss of form over the course of a season. The first team sheet if everybody is fit will tell us who JA prefers as his first choice

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

You have 8 posts... almost exclusively negative.

Give over.

In one sentence you have proven you either know nothing, are making sh*t up or are on a wind up. Based on feedback from Macc fans who have seen him play in this system for this manager he is a very creative attacking midfielder. 

Evans was a defensive mid who also played right back... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Looks like Mr Briscoe is this close season's WUM???

13 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Fascinating battle for the midfield places shaping up next season now. Manny is in my opinion our classiest player by far. If he is now over his injury issues he must be the first name on the team sheet. That leaves conlon, Burgess, Joyce, and Whitehead battling for the remaining 2 central positions. Wouldn't like to be in JA's shoes. That said, I think all will get games at some point with injuries suspensions and loss of form over the course of a season. The first team sheet if everybody is fit will tell us who JA prefers as his first choice

Interesting point about Manny. Out of the midfielders i would say Joyce would be the first name on the team sheet, purely based on his performances last season and the manger knows he can trust him. No doubt Manny is a class player, but at the moment surely the manager must have a nagging doubt about his reliability? Has Manny played the holding role for us much? I can’t remember. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Very good signing this. Squad is better than last season and we would have been promoted if we'd played the full 46. Very positive stuff. UTV 

Spot on! I'm struggling to understand some posters who think we need to sign a quality striker to get into the top 7? We were heading there, last season, with a squad that has since been improved? I think the bookies will have us in the top 5 for promotion?

• Like 1

Football is all about opinions! Manny hasn't played that role for us at all I don't think but think personally that he would excel and offer more than Joyce. Possibly the reason he hasn't played it for us is because he was needed further forward in his first season given the decrepit other centre mids! Whatever happens I inherently trust JA

Interesting point about Manny. Out of the midfielders i would say Joyce would be the first name on the team sheet, purely based on his performances last season and the manger knows he can trust him. No doubt Manny is a class player, but at the moment surely the manager must have a nagging doubt about his reliability? Has Manny played the holding role for us much? I can’t remember. 

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Must be honest I agree with philmpv. Fully fit Oyeleke would be my first choice in midfield. He offers some real physicality as well as being a good footballer. IF he's 100% fit its which position you pick for him. Conlon being left footed and not really having a left footed winger means he will probably start. That leaves Joyce, Whitehead and Burgess for one spot.

• Like 2

Advert:

51 minutes ago, JRC said:

Must be honest I agree with philmpv. Fully fit Oyeleke would be my first choice in midfield. He offers some real physicality as well as being a good footballer. IF he's 100% fit its which position you pick for him. Conlon being left footed and not really having a left footed winger means he will probably start. That leaves Joyce, Whitehead and Burgess for one spot.

How nice is it to be having this type of debate! Choices, option, combinations... got to love it!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JRC said:

Absolutely he would be in my team too. But joyce for me is still the number one choice as holding midfielder. That’s the formation that Askey will stick with.

4 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Thinking that for a lot of last season the midfield three consisted of Burgess/Joyce/Taylor and hopefully Taylor re-signs on loan or perhaps the talented Hurst on the left could be a revelation but consider an equally strong midfield three of Whitehead/Oyeleke/Conlon.

I’m going. To say something that people may not agree with... I’m not too bothered if Taylor doesn’t re-sign.

He didn’t play much at the back end and that’s when our form kicked on and we started to really gain some momentum.

Burgess has an INCREDIBLE record of not losing whilst playing and... and this is the reason I’m not too bothered if Taylor doesn’t sign... Burgess is ours. 

Another good 6 months for Taylor and he would be off to earn big money somewhere. 

Yes Taylor scores goals, but we didn’t necessarily miss them when he was injured... the System provides the goals and spreads them around.

If we could sign him on a free I would snap their hand off. But loaning him is short term gain, and based on our performances without him, we can still get results and develop our own.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Rekeil Pyke , remember him ?

3 year deal at Shrewsbury, was a victim of the Michael Brown loan glut where we had so many that all couldn't be picked in the squad 

He was the lad who was banging them in for fun in pre-season then did nothing once we started the season, admittedly as others have said we weren't a very good side at the time and he must have been only 18/19.  His loan record aside from a spell at Wrexham in the NL is shocking though(for a striker who is supposed to be young and promising), Huddersfield must have seen something in him to keep him until age 22 though, I'll be interested to see what Shrews get out of him(if anything)

Advert:

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Absolutely he would be in my team too. But joyce for me is still the number one choice as holding midfielder. That’s the formation that Askey will stick with.

Unless Askey is dumber than I think he hasn't signed Whitehead to compete for a space on the bench with Burgess with Oyeleke as a starter on right midfield. He'll stick with the formation. I think there is a reasonable chance he'll give Oyeleke the central role.

• Like 2

Looks a great signing. Can't say I know alot about him but he definitely appears improves the squad from last year.

To those unhappy with the business so far, If you compare like for like I'd rather have Whitehead coming off the bench to change things over Lloyd and Mills replacing full back injuries over Evans. We are a decent striker away from having one of the best squads in the league.