Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

People make me laugh on this website , slagging a player off who wants to play for port Vale while lording over Maynard who doesn't . Seen his you tube interview where he states he and the club are in

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

So we sign Sinclair to develop young talent then we go into meltdown when we dare get some young talent on trial emoji2369.png

Who's had a meltdown mate? Literally just seen a few people say 'fine, he's a gamble, I would also like a more experienced forward'. Or just a bit of hyperbole?

Edited by Joe B
  • Haha 1

PV 1973 was just reporting on the clips seen.....fairly long clips but watching the movement and general play of Bradbury.....certainly not definitive obviously but a sense of the skill set and the strengths and weakness of a player....six three and good in the air/good with his head but also decent first touch and lay offs in short decent hold up play but also seemed to be a bit of a goal sniffer around the box being quick to respond and seems to have a finish but the thing that stood out for a big man fast and mobile....good allrounder with potential....now like Rodney has played a lot of mens football on loan already and Rodney 22 turns 23 this season and Bradbury 21 turns 22 this season....either or both could be a handfull for a defence and in terms of age Gibbons/Burgess/Browne and Clark/Taylor were old enough and good enough for the first team.

• Like 2

Is it me or does Burslem Academicals turn up every pre-season, place every single player we're linked with into numerous Vale Fan In Alsager style formations and then dissappear again for a year when the season starts? 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I would imagine that this lad is indeed the kind of rough diamond that we might be able to polish and give him an opportunity. His dad (pretty irrelevant, I know) was a very good player.

One of the problems we have with forwards is that we tend only to play one at any one time, unless we need to change tack and throw two up top. So we can't play everyone from the start. We've got three here already: Pope, Cullen & Rodney. I can't really see us signing a player who will be an automatic pick and push those three onto the bench/out of the squad. So I'm assuming a young lad with potential to learn from and watch Pope would be the way to go. 

I wouldn't say no to a proven striker but I don't see it happening. If this lad shows some ability and commitment - along with one of the keepers on trial - then that is probably that unless the loan market opens up for us.

33 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Mellor! no offence to the esteemed Vale Fan in Alsager but there is no attempt to put forward different formations Askey plays 4/3/3.

On paper yes, but it's not quite that simple. 4/3/3, 4/1/2/3, you could call it whatever you want.  OK, it's usually a fairly rigid 4 at the back, plus we have that sitting midfielder, but the rest is pretty fluid to my eye.  So, being pedantic, I guess we're usually a 4/1/ something or other. 😬

Bradbury has a very unusual career path for someone who on paper doesn't appear to be able to hit a barn door.

How do you go from Pompey to Watford to Oxford to Millwall while hardly scoring any goals along the way?

Bradbury has a very unusual career path for someone who on paper doesn't appear to be able to hit a barn door.

How do you go from Pompey to Watford to Oxford to Millwall while hardly scoring any goals along the way?

Because your dad is lee Bradbury, who was very very good tbf

So the two keepers on trial are Dino Visser (31) and Rhys Lovett (23) ......upon being released by Cheltenham Rhys thanked the keepers who had coached and helped him including some keeper called Scotty Brown.....so would the old head as standby or a keeper the club can improve and bring through make sense.....Brown turns 36 this season and is out of contract at the end of the season but might have another season in the tank but thinking if Brown hangs up the gloves and the club already have Lovett and then sign another good young keeper and perhaps keep Brown on as goalkeeping coach while still registered to play.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

So the two keepers on trial are Dino Visser (31) and Rhys Lovett (23) ......upon being released by Cheltenham Rhys thanked the keepers who had coached and helped him including some keeper called Scotty Brown.....so would the old head as standby or a keeper the club can improve and bring through make sense.....Brown turns 36 this season and is out of contract at the end of the season but might have another season in the tank but thinking if Brown hangs up the gloves and the club already have Lovett and then sign another good young keeper and perhaps keep Brown on as goalkeeping coach while still registered to play.

We already have a goalkeeping coach in Ronnie Sinclair.

• Haha 1

So as of right now our starting 11 and bench might be something like this:

Brown

Gibbons, Smith, Legge, Montano

Conlon Joyce Burgess

Amoo Worrall

Cullen

Subs: New GK, Brisley, Mills, Oyeleke, Whitehead, Browne/Rodney, Pope

Obviously at his best Oyeleke would be in there but such was the form of Burgess and Conlon at the back end of last season that it would be unfair to bench them for a player that needs to prove he can stay fit.

Is Cullen the right man to lead the line as a lone forward? I think he would be better playing alongside Pope or someone of that ilk but that would mean changing formation.

What I will say is that I genuinely can't remember the last time we had such a strong subs bench, and that's without adding any more permanent or loan signings.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Joe B said:

Sinclair now confirmed permanently as a coach. Head of Coaching Development. Tasked with bridging the gap between young players and first team.

so mick edes out of favour?

45 minutes ago, TylerB said:

So as of right now our starting 11 and bench might be something like this:

Brown

Gibbons, Smith, Legge, Montano

Conlon Joyce Burgess

Amoo Worrall

Cullen

Subs: New GK, Brisley, Mills, Oyeleke, Whitehead, Browne/Rodney, Pope

Obviously at his best Oyeleke would be in there but such was the form of Burgess and Conlon at the back end of last season that it would be unfair to bench them for a player that needs to prove he can stay fit.

Is Cullen the right man to lead the line as a lone forward? I think he would be better playing alongside Pope or someone of that ilk but that would mean changing formation.

What I will say is that I genuinely can't remember the last time we had such a strong subs bench, and that's without adding any more permanent or loan signings.

Agree re the subs bench.

So good to see.

I saw enough of Cullen last season to believe he could be an excellent lone striker.

He links up play very well and his movement is very good.

Doesn't waste his energy on tussling with Neanderthal centre halves!

• Like 2

Just saying if say Rhys Lovett and say Harvey Bradbury were to sign and concerning Frank Sinclair's coaching role consider.....

First the older players first eleven......

Brown

Mills/Brisley/Legge/Montano

Oyeleke/Joyce/Whitehead

Amoo/Cullen/Worrall

(sub:Pope)

Then consider the younger players.....

Lovett

Gibbons/Smith/Crookes/Cambell-Gordon

Burgess/Conlon/Hurst

Browne/Bradbury/Rodney

Frank Sinclair would obviously coach the reserves which would include many young first team fringe players under development and the best handfull of youth team players and first/second year professionals while Mick Ede would continue coaching the youth team it is perhaps a response to the fact that no youth team graduates came through and also that building for the future Askey has seven or eight under 23 players in the squad who might benefit from extra coaching....kinda makes sense.

• Like 1